Ashes of Creation

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Booze step back in the time machine 25 years ago, the internet was young, and no one knew anything about anyone. Now in the 25 years later, people have become more personal and there are no secrets about anyone anymore. We have websites that can tell you about a person's complete history only because people in their efforts to sell their soul to be popular with a group of people. Generally speaking, people can't outrun their past. I have talked about myself before in an unpopular way and it has come back to bite me in the ass too. However, we now live in a cancel culture society with the today's young people, and it has affected everyone else. You think the young people would have gone on the ready-available internet and found the exact information to prove their point. Internet 25 years ago was a luxury. Apparently, these new people are lazy fucks. Now, I am being blamed for someone going on the public forum like twitch and admitting he spent his bonus work check on Blade and Soul RMT instead of paying his own kid's child support to his wife. He mentioned it multiple times over months of airtime. How does that make you feel as a person. It pissed me off. Am I perfect? No. Do i mistakes. Certainly. The difference is I admit my mistakes with some consciousness. What about you booze?

Ps. Start telling people to stop putting their "business" out front and center. If I was truly crazy i would have blown whistle on them and have them investigated and arrested for fraud. People would have thanked me for it. I will never fund kick starters anymore because I have seen what happens to people by getting jerked around over and over. It makes me mad but not to the point of shooting someone. Where I live in KC people will kill you for a pair of sneakers. People need to take responsibility for their actions. if you compare the two communities AOC is more angry mob type like than Pantheon. Apparently, you have not met Jahlon yet. The guy wrote a 95 page powerpoint on another community member who had an issue with Steven.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
there is another problem right now with AOC. It's going to be an awesome game, but the problem is they have a lot of other games that similar coming out about the same time. These studios who are making these games have deep pockets and the pool of people is only so big and over the years the pool has gotten smaller. Now what happens when the player base shrinks in Ashes for greener pastures. The world as big as it is is going to look like a vast wasteland and it will coollapse onto it self. But that time Steven will have sold the company off. ONe more thing, Steve is not the owner he is the creative director, and his husband is the CEO. Both people can be replaced by the board at any time. TRust me there is a board. You dont have a board if you spent 100 million dollars.
What games do you foresee coming out around the same time as this one?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Start telling people to stop putting their "business" out front and center. If I was truly crazy i would have blown whistle on them and have them investigated and arrested for fraud. People would have thanked me for it. I will never fund kick starters anymore because I have seen what happens to people by getting jerked around over and over. It makes me mad but not to the point of shooting someone. Where I live in KC people will kill you for a pair of sneakers. People need to take responsibility for their actions. if you compare the two communities AOC is more angry mob type like than Pantheon. Apparently, you have not met Jahlon yet. The guy wrote a 95 page powerpoint on another community member who had an issue with Steven.

So stalking people is normal, but reporting fraud is what would make you crazy?

Oh yeah, and keep your schizophrenia in the Pantheon thread. Shitting up other threads with your idiocy is just gonna get you shawed again

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Pax dai, Archeage 2, League of Legends, Wow 2, New Upgraded EQ, Pantheon, and T and L,
Pax dai just announced no where near ready. T&L looks like a dumpster fire already which will crash and burn long before AOC comes out (its already in closed beta)

Nothing else you listed is actually a game in work? the Riot MMO is MIA

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Dpnt forget Dreamhaven studios. Mike is gobbling up old Blizzard developers as they leave Microsoft. Something is brewing with DHS. Ghostcrawler just hired wow's former raid merchanics developer.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So,

Too continue news, the monthly developer update is today and not on a Friday. It is supposed to actually show a boss encounter with the Cyclops. Kind of looking forward to this as I hope this encounter has some interesting elements too it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You know at the risk of being thrown in the shaw with you....

Might I ask how exactly a "Woolley triangle" works? Is AoC part of it, for clarification?

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
AOC is full of old EQ developers. It's actually a Steven requirement to be hired checklist. 90%+ of the team is former EQ Devs. Before Steven started AOC, he was going to buy Daybreak from Jason Epstein when they were under investigation by the Feds. EQ community manager back then was Roshen and he is now the CM for AOC.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Todays Cyclops preview :
I watched this while I was at the office today. Love the fact that they're leaking, and outright showing us the shit theyre working on. Even though people are for whatever reason saying they arent..

Critique though? The last phase of that fight seems poorly tuned. You can tell theyre going for a burn phase - but mana values arent really changing. Which I dont know if thats because they are over geared, not balanced, or what - but cant really have a burn phase if the resources you're burning are almost infinite. The slam also needs to do more damage, as normal players that do raid bosses will quickly realize they cant just stack during the slam for focused healing and burn the boss even quicker, then spread after the slam is done.

For a basic boss, its ok I guess. Im not sure what kind of difficulty they are shooting for when it comes to raid bosses. Im not wanting .. say, Mythic WoW Raids level of difficulty. But I dont want bosses to be just brain dead easy, either.

Getting to see a lot of the abilities, combat, etc. from the newer classes really makes me hope that they have options to turn up, not the particle effects like spells etc., but the graphics/particle effects that are like broken ground etc. and make them last longer. Players that actually spend the money to keep their PC up to date, man, I just want to see some benefit out of that.

... Ill hand it to Shariff - his game makes me want to be involved with game development. Where as anything else Ive played lately, it hasnt even crossed my mind. Really hoping he pulls this MMO off, even though I know Im going to hate every single death I take in PVP.