Ashes of Creation

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting announcement at the end. Sometime in the next few months they will discontinue the prepurchase packages. I wonder if they will still sell mounts and such or is everything coming to an end.

Also some talk about milestones. Made me think they do indeed have a roadmap with dates even if the dates might be a little fluid.

The fight was pretty good. It does need tweaking but it was apparent that they thought out the encounter.

They are also showcasing crafting soon. That one intrigues me a lot.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Interesting announcement at the end. Sometime in the next few months they will discontinue the prepurchase packages. I wonder if they will still sell mounts and such or is everything coming to an end.

Also some talk about milestones. Made me think they do indeed have a roadmap with dates even if the dates might be a little fluid.

The fight was pretty good. It does need tweaking but it was apparent that they thought out the encounter.
Absolutely dates exist. I have a rough idea when when AOC will release and even the idea behind max level and end game. Just not stuff I can talk about.

AoC is coming along nicely and the far as I can tell the team is going through the motions of just getting work done - that's all there is to it. There's times when you just buckle down and get to work. Respectfully the gaming community and MMO players in general are just hungry for a damn good fucking game, understandably so. Shit takes time though.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Absolutely dates exist. I have a rough idea when when AOC will release and even the idea behind max level and end game. Just not stuff I can talk about.

AoC is coming along nicely and the far as I can tell the team is going through the motions of just getting work done - that's all there is to it. There's times when you just buckle down and get to work. Respectfully the gaming community and MMO players in general are just hungry for a damn good fucking game, understandably so. Shit takes time though.
"I just think its funny how...."
You wont share your inside deets. The audacity!

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah they mentioned that they have reached a point where they are adding another 30,000 square foot floor to the studio, due too having too many employees for the current space. I guess that is a good thing if indeed the afterburners have been turned on to really get this game going.

They have shown so many different creatures and geared humanoids that the number far surpasses what Lost World has already. I liked that the Bard got mentioned. I am hoping that is coming up soon along with the summoner.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Yeah they mentioned that they have reached a point where they are adding another 30,000 square foot floor to the studio, due too having too many employees for the current space. I guess that is a good thing if indeed the afterburners have been turned on to really get this game going.

They have shown so many different creatures and geared humanoids that the number far surpasses what Lost World has already. I liked that the Bard got mentioned. I am hoping that is coming up soon along with the summoner.
The biggest complaint out of Asian devs using UE5 is that they are coming out with shit TOO quick. The ease of it all. Where people can work on shit side by side, at the same time. Which sounds ultimately like an industry interrupting development - at least to me. As in, they no longer have to strictly adhere to certain things being done, and/or starting at a certain time. Development can come and go as it pleases which.. if thats the case, truly - then when does it get to the point of having too many people thrown at something. Especially if the labor is throw away type.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
The biggest complaint out of Asian devs using UE5 is that they are coming out with shit TOO quick. The ease of it all. Where people can work on shit side by side, at the same time. Which sounds ultimately like an industry interrupting development - at least to me. As in, they no longer have to strictly adhere to certain things being done, and/or starting at a certain time. Development can come and go as it pleases which.. if thats the case, truly - then when does it get to the point of having too many people thrown at something. Especially if the labor is throw away type.
Don't worry. A couple of project managers and UI developers will slow that development right down by spending 6 weeks debating on which shade of blue to make something.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
As far as UE5 there is strength in numbers.
Has Nirgon switched teams? I have decided to bestow the new title on him as Nirgon, the Lord of Birras.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
As long as it doesn't have forced PVP I will give just about any MMO a shot.

Don't talk like that. If someone hits you, you hit them back. You gotta get tough, you gotta get mean!

I can't go through life lackadaisically pushing keys while watching soaps on the other monitor. Give me battle, grudges and rivalries.

Sox? These so called vaporware games are gonna launch with nothing outta you. Not one iota. I'd be getting my ass in gear or you're gonna end up like Salty promising us EQ in a browser.

Cybsled

As long as it doesn't have forced PVP I will give just about any MMO a shot.

Unless they change their original design philosophy, I'm pretty sure they indicated it will be forced PvP with some type of rep/crime system. Which I am 10000% certain won't be exploited like every other forced PVP game that was ever made which tried to employ the same type of rep/crime system.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Don't talk like that. If someone hits you, you hit them back. You gotta get tough, you gotta get mean!

I can't go through life lackadaisically pushing keys while watching soaps on the other monitor. Give me battle, grudges and rivalries.
If PVP is consensual then rock on. Forced PVP can go get fucked.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If there's a separate server with that ruleset, I've always said that is the smartest way to go.

And really it isn't just the pvp, it's the kind of psycho behind the pvp.

Some people are good sports about it. Others are trying to vent their frustrations and inner turmoil (people with a lot of problems beneath the surface) on others.

You can't make a "demented person server" because they typically want to prey on weaklings or otherwise good natured "suckers' cuz they can't hang with the big dogs.

How many rank 1 arena pros actually griefed lowbie zones?

Cybsled

Most of the time, people who want forced PvP don’t want a challenge. They want to gank some low risk random and steal their shit

• 1Like

Daidraco

I dont think Ive ever played a PVP MMO where the intro/noobie area wasnt the stomping ground for someone much higher lvl/skill. I really liked Darkfall for example, but it was fucking brutal starting that game late and getting skilled up enough to get away from the area. I foresee the same thing happening in this game, so its definitely a 'start" with the pack kind of experience.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mmo's tend to have very complicated damage systems across multiple different classes. Learning those systems takes a lot of time and effort to "get gud", and it only works for that game. Your skills don't transfer to another game if you want to take a break. In contrast, FPS games all tend to be similar.

Forcing people to PvP in mmo's will always be a disaster if the systems are more complicated than your typical fps. You are setting the no life basement dwellers who only play one game against the casuals who will never have the time or will to be good enough to survive.

The no lifers scream "GET GUD!", the casuals leave and the game dies with the no lifers crying about not being able to gank random noobs anymore.

I like PvP in mmos. But being ganked by some retard that just spent the last two years poop socking his gear so he can one shot me in the starting area is an instant bail on the game for me. I don't have time for dat.

Cybsled

It’s not even just that. If poor game balance results in some FOTM asshole taking stuff it took me hours to get in the game, then my desire to keep playing plummets

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Sounds to me like a lot of whining from middle-aged men who won't fight because they have too much to lose.