Ashes of Creation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It basically already exists in Albion, complete with "high sec, low sec, zero sec" type zones, completely player driven economy, etc.

The good old Albion pre-launch talking points still in circulation I see

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whats next day night cycle with different mobs? Make the game fun who gives a shit if it snows, maybe if you can get a cold and die from temperature being to low then they would be on to something.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whats next day night cycle with different mobs? Make the game fun who gives a shit if it snows, maybe if you can get a cold and die from temperature being to low then they would be on to something.
They stated that weather would have effects on game play. Examples given were crop yields based on times of season within certain bio-domes. Certain creature types become more available and I imagine that boss creatures are included in that cycle. Also Ice might block passage ways to better areas. They even showed an example of that.

I am interested in the game play as much as the world itself. I have no problem with creating a realist active world that feels alive as long as the game play is at least engaging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
It needed a lot, A LOT of work coming out of A1. It wasnt impossible that could occur but we've all seen this happen a hundred times where something looks subpar early in development and then never gets better. This...actually seems to be getting better?

One thing I felt a year ago was they should promote the environment designer and put him in charge of the UI and combat. That doesnt appear to have happened, hopefully the rest of the game improves to the same degree. I do think there's some interesting things they could do with this system, I hope it's not just fire and forget. Like imagine a quest where the season change goes as rapidly as in this preview and you have to find the weather orb or whatever that is controlling it

Also, the character models seem to have a bit of style and character to them now. Promising that we wont get full uncanny valley EQ2 in 202..2030 come release at this rate

Cybsled

They stated that weather would have effects on game play. Examples given were crop yields based on times of season within certain bio-domes. Certain creature types become more available and I imagine that boss creatures are included in that cycle. Also Ice might block passage ways to better areas. They even showed an example of that.

I am interested in the game play as much as the world itself. I have no problem with creating a realist active world that feels alive as long as the game play is at least engaging.

Flavor stuff like that is cool and all, but the core foundation needs to be solid. Most of their recent stuff has all been fluff.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Flavor stuff like that is cool and all, but the core foundation needs to be solid. Most of their recent stuff has all been fluff.
I agree. It is time they start showing and discussing things like the classes, crafting system, and the PvP system beyond just what you can read about. They have yet to showcase anything new in that regard since before A1. Everything has just been footage with no actual substance yet. Yes the game is pretty and seems to have great music and sound quality. Now lets get to the meat of the game.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Most of their recent stuff has all been fluff.
Their list actually reads a lot like "stuff we always wanted to do at other MMOs, but never had the time."

This goes back to UO where they tried to implement a dynamic Fauna system, but had to cancel it because players just killed everything.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Pretty much. The history of MMOs is littered with promising the moon, but delivering some underwhelming version of what they promised.

Star Citizen's entire business model is pretty much built on that lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That is all my biggest issue with the stuff they discuss, the ideas sound really interesting and potentially great, but trying to go in 4 billion directions at once almost screams that the core gameplay will suffer as a result.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Its odd that too this day Dark Ages of Camelot is still one of the best PvP oriented games to have ever come out. It too was not perfect but it handled many situations to the best that could be done. Its still the only PvP I have truly enjoyed.
Warhammer was a good game that handled PVP pretty well. Too bad the game sucked donkey balls otherwise.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Environment showcase gave had me comparing it to Guild Wars 2 and BDO, less painterly than GW2 and higher quality than BDO, and the scale of the world seems well done. The running / jogging animation of the Vexx(?) character in the vid was smooth as well, which is a big plus for me. I doubt they've made much progress with combat though, but we'll see eventually.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Warhammer was a good game that handled PVP pretty well. Too bad the game sucked donkey balls otherwise.
Warhammers engine was a pile of shit but it was still a lot of fun for about 2 months. If I can get that out of this game it'll be a win for me and that might be the best hope if they keep putting off showing combat

Cybsled

Better than Alpha 1, although clearly still needs work

The idea of adding weight to the different weapon types is good and the combat seems fast paced. One thing that stood out though is some of the special attacks seemed to be weapon agnostic- like he did the bladestorm using daggers, plus that silly looking hammer attack

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did like how the 2 hander dragged on the ground. Combat was surprisingly fast paced. Definitely a major improvement over Alpha 1.

Also, and this has nothing to do with the combat, but the level of detail on the boulders was amazing. Game play matters more but this game will certainly be the best looking MMO when it comes out.

Daidraco

Better than Alpha 1, although clearly still needs work

The idea of adding weight to the different weapon types is good and the combat seems fast paced. One thing that stood out though is some of the special attacks seemed to be weapon agnostic- like he did the bladestorm using daggers, plus that silly looking hammer attack
I dont know how I missed this video, but got around to it today. I agree that the attacks still feel off, so Im hoping that the polish and the addition of skills will fill in that semi-apparent looking gap.

Stephen does say that the attacks are agnostic of the weapon or the armor. Brought up New World for reference without saying New World and said he just isnt a fan of that. He wants to look at someone and know what class they are and what they can do with the only variance based off their talents.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking about something. They have said that there would be a different color version of the same items in the game. Cool. But they could they make NFT with the images and sell them to players? There would know what the hot images are then they could market the images as NFT.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

I was thinking about something. They have said that there would be a different color version of the same items in the game. Cool. But they could they make NFT with the images and sell them to players? There would know what the hot images are then they could market the images as NFT.
Can you just go back to whatever forum you came from? Like... you're just predictable at this point and that says a lot when you're portraying someone fucking bat shit crazy.