Ashes of Creation

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This looks very much so like Archeage. That's not a bad thing.

It's not anywhere close to EQ though.

Cybsled

His goal was always to do an "Archeage, but made my way", so them being similar is what he is going for

If his goal was EQ-like combat, then you'd just stand in one place auto attacking and pressing taunt every so often lol

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think my "EQ-like" statement is being misunderstood. It doesn't look like EQ, but the way the group is having to carefully navigate the heavily populated, quickly respawning area, behind a genuine tank, did.

Certainly, that kind of gameplay isn't unique to EQ, but that's the vibe I got when watching it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I think my "EQ-like" statement is being misunderstood. It doesn't look like EQ, but the way the group is having to carefully navigate the heavily populated, quickly respawning area, behind a genuine tank, did.

Certainly, that kind of gameplay isn't unique to EQ, but that's the vibe I got when watching it.
I think you mean it's group based combat rather than solo questing to level? then yes

but terms like "quickly respawning" and EQ should never, ever, ever appear in the same sentence.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The art style for whatever reason reminds me of "Rift", not Archage, but neither is relatively bad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game just doesn't excite me at all. The gameworld looks fantastic though, but everything else just looks mediocre at best. I still say they need to outsource all animations / character art to KR or China. Compared to some no name Chinese game thats taken less time to make for way less:

Intrepid should just buy Timi Studio (yea, I know, could never and I would never want it to happen).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This game just doesn't excite me at all. The gameworld looks fantastic though, but everything else just looks mediocre at best. I still say they need to outsource all animations / character art to KR or China. Compared to some no name Chinese game thats taken less time to make for way less:

Intrepid should just buy Timi Studio (yea, I know, could never and I would never want it to happen).
Bleh. Another Gatcha/Monster Hunter/Genchin Impact clone. Miss me with Mid-Tier KR/Chinese imports. At least Japan makes games with soul.

None of them are really good MMOs.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bleh. Another Gatcha/Monster Hunter/Genchin Impact clone. Miss me with Mid-Tier KR/Chinese imports. At least Japan makes games with soul.

None of them are really good MMOs.
Missed the point, I think. I linked the vid just to show the vast difference in art / animation. The only thing about AoC that interests me at all, is being able to explore the gameworld they've made. Everything else just seems really drab.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Missed the point, I think. I linked the vid just to show the vast difference in art / animation. The only thing about AoC that interests me at all, is being able to explore the gameworld they've made. Everything else just seems really drab.
I got your point. I wasn't commenting on your post, per se, I was commenting on the game itself. The Korean/Chinese artstyle is OK but every time I see it now I associate it with steady attacks on my wallet. Agreed with the sentiment that I am super-excited to explore the gameworld. Really, that's why I play MMOs; the classes are just vehicles/implementations to allow for that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Nice review on the process for the UI. Some good details. Looks like they are reviewing the first major dungeon/area next month. Just skip to the end if you want a sneak peak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Is the development of this thing ever going to end? I mean sure the guy has deep pockets to fund all of this and got a lot of extra funding from the Battle Royale thing they put out but good grief.