Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hate tacked on multiplayer trophies/achievements in my single player games. That is all.
Damn straight Yim. If they're gonna do MP ones it should be under its own list like a DLC or even better their own game.

Vorph

Much simpler to just hate trophies/achievements in any form. They are a fucking blight on gaming.

Vaclav

I'd disagree completely, its wonderful having a tangible to do list for knowing you did everything or almost everything in MOST stuff.

MMOs and multiple modes being under the same label being the exceptions to the rule though.

Over the years I recall so many things I'd hear about from someone that I missed that would force a replay to experience since I'd not done it. Since trophies the issue has yet to arise.

Vorph

I wouldn't have a problem with them if 100% game completion = 100% trophy completion. It's the shit like, for example, Uncharted's "Kill 50 enemies with some shitty gun that you'd never bother to pick up off the ground otherwise" and things along those lines that I despise. The handful of games I actually have a platinum trophy are the ones which just gave it out for doing everything you'd do in a normal, albeit completist, play-through.

Vaclav

Ah gotcha, yea some of those are obnoxious too. (I.e. ME1s biotic ones I just did the other night)

They do seem to be getting rarer or controlled now though. (I.e. AC4 had 5 hanging kills - annoying but only 2 over what you need to 100% so an extra few min)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The new smoke is like a self-smoke bomb...
ClGQMab.jpg

Vaclav

Heh the PS4 version has the over the top smoke in sea combat. Pretty as heck, but man going from the PS3 without it, it was an additional challenge.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm such a shitty gamer, I viewed that video at 1080p in fullscreen and thought "hey, yeah, the one on the left does look better... oh wait, its with physX off, fuck..."

I love this game so much, haven't even progressed the story much just sailing around the seas attacking merchants and boarding them. Does climbing up and cutting down flags do anything, or is it only for the boarding times when you need to do it to capture? I'm shitty at naval combat too, don't even know how to switch guns so I just fight weak ships like a bully. I got my ass handed to me hard when I tried to attack the legendary ship (havent upgraded my ship too much yet either).

Is it a problem to go out and just capture all the forts and shit before you get too far in the story, or is it better to wait to do that stuff.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You will need to progress the story in order to receive the ability to dive as that is where all the elite level upgrade plans are located. The forts also get more difficult as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I can echo people's thoughts in that this game was great but the weakest part was the main story. Not only did the end seem rushed but it got somewhat formulaic too. Plus it seemed that 80% of the missions had you doing the worst activity in the AC games: trailing and eavesdropping. Most of the time it didn't even make sense, it was just a way to deliver a story the player didn't care about in the first place. You spent way too much time trailing people you wanted to kill.

I don't really get the outcry from people to make a pirate only game. By the time I fought all the legendary ships, built an armada, took over all the enemy forts etc I had enough piracy. To me the assassination side quests were a nice diversion from the open-seas piracy, and the only thing I was missing in the open world was exploring massive aztec/mayan ruins.

Vaclav

A deeply developed Pirate sim ala Sid Meier's with the modernization AC4 broughtto the table is the vision iI have.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plus it seemed that 80% of the missions had you doing the worst activity in the AC games: trailing and eavesdropping.
The worse part were the boat trailing missions. Seriously WTF! Would be cool to have the parkour type free running in a full on priate game but without the usual AC tropes.

Xalara

Golden Squire
A deeply developed Pirate sim ala Sid Meier's with the modernization AC4 broughtto the table is the vision iI have.
Based on surveys Ubisoft has been putting out, I would not be surprised to see a full blown pirate game from them.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Based on surveys Ubisoft has been putting out, I would not be surprised to see a full blown pirate game from them.
A full blown Pirate game is coming. I was hoping it would be from Rockstar but Ubisoft seems to have caught on now. I'm just sick of the AC lore so I'll be very happy for a game without all that shit tacked on to it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm curious as to what kind of feedback they got from being able to give ratings to missions after you complete them. Hopefully they saw that everyone hated the hell out of eavesdropping/trailing missions. I thought that was pretty interesting that they built that in to the game. It makes reasonable sense considering that you're technically just playing out scenarios in a simulator in that game world, but I almost with more developers would consider doing similar, as long as it wasn't too intrusive. Could easily be done in just about any game that has set levels or maps (rate BF4 or COD maps/missions, etc)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The rating stuff was weird but I think it was a good idea. GW2 had that also, maybe just for beta though. The thing that made it awkward for AC4 is that the ratings were for fairly long missions (30minutes or so) so I think a lot of people rated the mission on how the last few minutes were or what happened at the culmination of the mission rather than the 10 minutes they spent hiding in weeds.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Heh the PS4 version has the over the top smoke in sea combat. Pretty as heck, but man going from the PS3 without it, it was an additional challenge.
Haha yeah. A lot of times I am just firing blindly because I cannot see my target on the other side of my newly developed smoke line.