Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its been too long since I played to list it all - but letters of marque, variety of ships, leading a fleet, nonpiratical trading as an option, etc.

SM Pirates was almost Tradewars or Elite ish...

AC4 was wonderful but the kiddy pool version of things compared to the deep endoof the pool.

AC4:SMs Pirates what AC3:Oregon Trail.

Some minor overlaps only even though the source materials are similar.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Anyone know if there's any more SP dlc coming? I'd like to play the Adewale dlc, but can't be arsed with the season pass if the rest of my money is for multiplayer bullshit.

Vaclav

Sean said it was the only thing. But looking at the press release it mentions single player missions in addition to MP and Adewale.

So probably a few more Aveline style mini bits.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm 99% sure the other SP stuff in the season pass is just a compilation of the pre-order bonus crap missions.

Also, the season pass is only 20% off - the price of buying everything separately is $25 to the season pass's $20. So you'll probably spend less buying every SP bit separately and ignoring the multiplayer stuff completely than you would paying for the season pass.

Vaclav

Yea, that's sorta what I meant by "Aveline style" - definitely reads like its "Do one thing" SP missions to me.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Ade-missions only then, thanks guys
smile.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For what it's worth, the iPhone/android ac4 game that just came out IS just pirate stuff. It's $5 and there is about 2lines of dialogue not related to just being a pirate. It's a mobile game so it's not too in depth but it's fun enough. All you do is sail a ship around, so there's no parkour. But again... Is just pirate stuff and entertaining

spronk

FPS noob
most of the ac games are on sale on uPlay, I picked up pc versions of 2, brotherhood, and revelations for $20 to gift. 4 pc is $35

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Finally started playing the game two days ago and I'm on sequence 3, memory 5. I'm getting kind of bored with venturing out and trying to find shit to kill that's suitable in my level (19-30). What is a good way to getting money AND supplies? I know about the warehouses, but I have yet to have the two I've plundered respawn with any goods.

Also, aside from jumping out of your boat and swimming to a much higher level boat and killing all of the passengers for a very fast incapacitate, are there any faster ways to doing this? It doesn't work that well because you have to swim to the boat and most of the time, they turn the other way. :\

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what level 19-30 means but the different areas of the map have different difficulty levels. (The southern areas are harder). If you want to farm metal/wood just kill everything you see and sink the ships without metal/wood. Once you get 3 stars you'll get chased enough to generate some income.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
When you use the telescope, it gives a level of the ship. Red is obviously hard, white is around even to easy.

Vaclav

If you're looking for metal and wood let your infamy build so hunters come after you. Hunters are the most common source and they cone to you.

spronk

FPS noob
Finally started playing the game two days ago and I'm on sequence 3, memory 5. I'm getting kind of bored with venturing out and trying to find shit to kill that's suitable in my level (19-30). What is a good way to getting money AND supplies? I know about the warehouses, but I have yet to have the two I've plundered respawn with any goods.
have you unlocked kenways fleet, its around that sequence or maybe 4 or 5. in your cabin the map on the table will let you send out ships on missions, you can store up to 15 ships and each mission will yield 1-5k reales. the awesome part is you can do the ship stuff with the ac4 app for android/iOS, while your console/pc is off. so I may only play the real game every 3-4 days, but every morning and evening I (or my wife, she loves the app which also sync's animus, map, and treasure maps) send out my ships to go trade (you have to "clear" shipping lanes first) and will generate 30-50k reales a day this way. I'm at like 300k reales and only on sequence 5 or 6, already bought pretty much everything I can too so thats another 200k+ reales.

also invest every real into ship upgrades asap, the ships get a lot easier to kill once your hull is 3 and you have good mortars and cannons. mortars are also a good way to kill ships before they are even in firing range. I got a lot of 80 storage man o wars by just mortaring from a distance, ramming them, and then running away and circling for more mortar shots. Don't be afraid to speed up and slow down, if I want to do a tight turn i'll drop to anchor and quickly move to speed 3 while I turn.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
^ Awesome advice. Thanks. Didn't know that the app actually synced up with the game. No, I haven't gotten to the point of sending out additional ships. However, I am trying to upgrade my ship as much as possible.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hell I played through the whole game, completely upgrading my ship(only 93% completion, fuck getting fragments and chests on deserted islands) and I never realized that firing your side cannons without aiming does more damage. Damnit

Vaclav

How'd you get 93% then? At least one sequence required it... (That was when I 'gotit')

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Hell I played through the whole game, completely upgrading my ship(only 93% completion, fuck getting fragments and chests on deserted islands) and I never realized that firing your side cannons without aiming does more damage. Damnit
I found that out by googling best ways to destroy ships. I honestly didn't know even though I had been upgrading it. Now I can take on multiple level 28+ at the same time just because of my heavy cannons.

@Spronk, most of the higher end trading points require 30+ hours REAL TIME to complete. How are you getting 30-50k/day? Do you have max ships and you're getting 3k reals/ship??

spronk

FPS noob
the "real time" gets cut down by various factors, including faster ships and if you have friends in your uPlay list who also fleet. I don't know the exact numbers but I have seen 24 hour missions done in under 5 hours (me or wife runs the app in morning and before bed, tablet is next to bed), I assume because friends on uPlay are also fleeting.

The first thing I did was get 15 full ships though so they are all out sailing, sometimes you'll get 3 or 4 full ship rotations in a single day and even at 1500/ship that adds up really fast. Don't max out your fleet with full 80 galleons, man o wars are super slow so I have a mix of 4-5 frigates (50 slot), 6 70 slot man o wars, and 2-3 80 slot man o wars.

There were two easy ways to get 80 galleons, they are level 49 man o wars and one sits at anchor and guards one of the southern ports so you can just keep attacking and capturing it (and then dying to the second ship that accompanies it) and it'll "reset" that ship while its still in your fleet. Also when you get to level 4 wanted a 80 will come after you. And a ton of 49 level ships sail around the south areas. 675 diamond = 70, 715 diamond = 80 on salvage screen. Send every ship you come across to kenways and you can buy 15 ship slots really fast.

also don't forget to go off and do all your treasure maps, some of the treasure chests drop 4k reales.