Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked AC origins but I guess the majority of that love came from playing it in gorgeous 4k. It was serious eye candy. Man the story was shit but the afterlife DLC was good.

I’m going to hold out and wait for reviews because the syndicate team sucked ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this is the first AC i won't be buying at launch, ubisoft has their games down to a formula now and they tend to be super predictable and "design by committee", making sure nothing possibly offensive to anyone could be in the game which makes them pretty boring. gimme them whores, asshole enemies who have some actual backstory, and main characters who aren't impeccable paragons of virtue and maybe you'll get me interested again.

the whole series needs a reboot and someone with a 10 year vision to be put in charge, at this point Far Cry and Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs are all just reskins of the same game.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I wonder if you get to beat the last boss with the character you play for 95% of the game this time around.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
yeah this is the first AC i won't be buying at launch, ubisoft has their games down to a formula now and they tend to be super predictable and "design by committee", making sure nothing possibly offensive to anyone could be in the game which makes them pretty boring. gimme them whores, asshole enemies who have some actual backstory, and main characters who aren't impeccable paragons of virtue and maybe you'll get me interested again.

the whole series needs a reboot and someone with a 10 year vision to be put in charge, at this point Far Cry and Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs are all just reskins of the same game.

It definitely needs a 10 year multi-game plan at this point. Ever since Black Flag it's felt like each game is its own disjointed take on the brotherhood and I want some actual forward momentum here.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'll be playing this no doubt. I skipped several AC games, played Origins briefly after a sale, but the environment didn't pull me in enough.

Hell I might order whatever pack lets me play a few days earlier just so I get more time in before BLOPs 4.

spronk

FPS noob
good news those codes are usually on the OUTSIDE so you can just snap a bunch of pix at walmart without having to load yourself up with all those extra calories

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
good news those codes are usually on the OUTSIDE so you can just snap a bunch of pix at walmart without having to load yourself up with all those extra calories

That’s half the fun.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malkav

French Madman
Who cares about shitty low level blue weapons anyway? It's not like you get legendary loot with your pizza.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed Origins a lot, the story was not very good overall but it had some good moments and some good side quests. The gameplay mechanics were great though. A bit too much repetitive and uninteresting POI to visit but these are easy to ignore.

So with that said I'm looking forward to this one, Greece should be an interesting setting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey lets you climb a god’s penis

assassins-creed-odyssey-zeus-580x334.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I'm still sitting on Black Flag and have been for over a year so... hey is that really a penis? I'm buying.

• 2Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like good reviews. Will probably rent it regardless because I am shipping back Shadow of the Tomb Raider, playing Forza Horizons 4 and that is so addicting it's chewing most of the time now, and from everything I have seen they probably fell down HARD on the mythical aspects of the Greek era (Ala: Clash of the Titans). Only thing I have seen so far is Medusa which would be pretty cool but hopefully they have tons more of that content.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah reviews looking good hmmmm.

I was hoping it would suck so I could just pick up Forza lol. Guess I’ll have both. Utnayan Utnayan if the game is even a tad better than origins as reviews suggests it’s a no brainer with your TV and pro (or x).

spronk spronk should I buy vip pass with my game pass Forza Horizon? Or just get the $99 version?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I bought the 99 dollar version for the first time ever in my life - I do not regret it. But I was also able to play over the weekend. VIP pass gets you a free house which doubles your rewards once you activate it. With that said, I only bought it due to early access and wanted to play. I am glad I did, but if you have gamepass I would just wait until tomorrow.

Yeah on Odyssey I'll definitely give it a rental on gamefly. I am sure it will look great on X and I like that is has more Naval combat. 80 hours though.... Jesus.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought the 99 dollar version for the first time ever in my life - I do not regret it. But I was also able to play over the weekend. VIP pass gets you a free house which doubles your rewards once you activate it. With that said, I only bought it due to early access and wanted to play. I am glad I did, but if you have gamepass I would just wait until tomorrow.

Yeah on Odyssey I'll definitely give it a rental on gamefly. I am sure it will look great on X and I like that is has more Naval combat. 80 hours though.... Jesus.

I just picked up the ultimate edition and get to play it tonight. Going to pop a LSD laden starburst and trip out beteeen Creed and forza. (Soon red dead)

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'd say for forza ultimate is worth it, I'd go disc though you can trade in the disc once gamepass version goes live in ~9 hours and then just keep the ultimate benefits which are pretty huge

for assassins creed though i'm pretty torn, in 3-4 months the gold edition will be 25% off and by then the first DLC will be out. in six months all DLCs will be out and digital gold will be 50-75% off. I kinda wish I had waited to play FC5, Shadow Tomb Raider, and AC Origins, so not sure why that wouldn't apply to Odyssey as well. RDR 2 though is definitely day one.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got it installed and ready to go.

• 1Like