Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah wait for a sale on it but it's definitely worth it. Thing is I bought the ultimate edition for 29 bucks so had access to everything.

But you should definitely be able to wait for a sale on that at this point. Usually I see the Season pass at 9.99.

spronk

FPS noob
game is on sale on xbox (not sure PSN), $30 for ultimate edition which includes all DLC and Assassins Creed 3 and Liberation. great deal

i'm finally making some great progress, just skipping all the side quests and powering through the main. Its so easy to get distracted in this game and end up spending 3 hours just wandering the country side checking out cool shit and clearing camps

visuals are absolutely dead on gorgeous, some of the vistas of Greece especially with historical classic statues and stuff is crazy

F064A9B869E74287704DD59C69DF1003F54721CD

47411409583FB92DFCA1D9A79893E68DE9E3501D

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I skipped out on this earlier. Not sure why? But steam also had a sale this past week so I picked it up. I have NO TIME for ubisofts stupid helix shop, but other than that I'm really enjoying it. I've never been to the Greek isles but this game really makes me want to visit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Going back to AC Rogue I realized how good the new games controls are. The old AC games feel really bad when climbing and jumping. :eek:

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Going back to AC Rogue I realized how good the new games controls are. The old AC games feel really bad when climbing and jumping. :eek:
I never played AC Rogue but I feel like they trivialized climbing to where it's barely a gameplay element anymore. You can pretty much just tell Kassandra to run in one direction and she'll climb whatever is in her way to get there. In AC1 some of the towers were non-trivial to climb and AC2+ integrated true climbing puzzles through the game. It's all fine because I've done so many climbing games before that I'm good not doing it, but there is something missing.

• 1Like

Aazrael

I never played AC Rogue but I feel like they trivialized climbing to where it's barely a gameplay element anymore. You can pretty much just tell Kassandra to run in one direction and she'll climb whatever is in her way to get there. In AC1 some of the towers were non-trivial to climb and AC2+ integrated true climbing puzzles through the game. It's all fine because I've done so many climbing games before that I'm good not doing it, but there is something missing.
I agree with the free climb in the new ones. Its rough going back though. The worst part in Rogue is you rarely jump where you think, feels like you jump and get pulled by a magnet to the weirdest places.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Soo, apparently I finished the game? I know there is more, but that ending with the Deimos shit just kind came out of nowhere. It just feels like that the Deimos story should have ran up til you finish off the Cult. Next thing I know Barnabas is like what shall we do now? lol.

spronk

FPS noob
there's a little bit more and it all sorta depends on whether you left 3 or 4 characters alive - in the "best" ending a bunch of you will have dinner together and thats sort of the ending - but yeah, its one of the weakest endings to an assassins creed in a long time. It just kinda sputters out. There is some shit in the Atlantis underground temple but I'm not sure if thats mainline story or DLC. Its weeeeird and kinda lame imo.

HOWEVER the Atlantis DLC is fucking amazing, if its on sale I'd highly recommend it. Its like 2 or 3 new "worlds" and each is REALLY cool. I only finished the first one, then I went back and 100%'d AC Origins - the DLC for that is also great - but will get around to finishing the other 1 or 2 worlds in the next month or two. The Origins DLC is similar to Atlantis DLC, except obviously it is more focused on Egypt. It takes place in the Valley of the Dead and the various big pharohs buried there - Akenatan (first monotheistic dude), Ramses the Great, Tutenkamen, etc - so if you love Egypt stuff its fantastic.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
there's a little bit more and it all sorta depends on whether you left 3 or 4 characters alive - in the "best" ending a bunch of you will have dinner together and thats sort of the ending - but yeah, its one of the weakest endings to an assassins creed in a long time. It just kinda sputters out. There is some shit in the Atlantis underground temple but I'm not sure if thats mainline story or DLC. Its weeeeird and kinda lame imo.

HOWEVER the Atlantis DLC is fucking amazing, if its on sale I'd highly recommend it. Its like 2 or 3 new "worlds" and each is REALLY cool. I only finished the first one, then I went back and 100%'d AC Origins - the DLC for that is also great - but will get around to finishing the other 1 or 2 worlds in the next month or two. The Origins DLC is similar to Atlantis DLC, except obviously it is more focused on Egypt. It takes place in the Valley of the Dead and the various big pharohs buried there - Akenatan (first monotheistic dude), Ramses the Great, Tutenkamen, etc - so if you love Egypt stuff its fantastic.

Yeah I got the happy ending and the family are now my ship lieutenants. It's such a huge letdown coming off just finishing RDR2 is all. I think i started the Legacy of the First Blade stuff. Since I have some whole other faction to kill now.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm about 50 hours into Valhalla and its great, especially as I am watching Vikings TV show (with Ragnar Lothbrok) for the first time but Odyssey is just a beautiful game, especially if you love Ancient Greece. Running around places like Knossos, Mykonos, Athens, etc are amazing.

If you have any kids boot up the game in museum mode and let them discover Egypt (Origins) or Greece (Odyssey), its absolutely phenomenal learning tool. Now in 60 fps is even cooler. On Series X you can leave the game installed on a USB drive which is nice.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Logged in to see if 60fps looked like (not realizing it wasn't until tomorrow anyhow). I guess accounts were gifted a bunch of items, added to the top I already had in inventory since the last few times I played was just doing full bounty ship combat for hours at a time. So, was overloaded at 375ish/350 inventory. So went to sell and spent 45 minutes selling and sorting through gear, only to exit the merchant menu and see a bunch of items were still in my inventory. Went to sell them, but they don't show up in that menu, only in inventory. Eh, just logged back out, remembering why the game became a bit of a drag.