Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But did you get the pizza rolls?

Yes I ordered them through amazon pantry on my new echo Alexis.

E9CB5D20-2271-49C4-99D8-2301B9B5C72C.jpeg

This is me tonight fighting the first boss mob.

C2802160-45A4-4CEB-BA00-6457BAF84CD6.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am going to rent this obviously, but, it's really too bad something like Fate of Atlantis DLC isn't a normal side quest story arc in the original game. They better have a lot of mythical creatures to fight in vanilla given it's sitting. Fate of Atlantis will probably be the best of the DLC, but in my opinion it shouldn't even be DLC - not because of the monetization, but because Ubi never has any creative and fun mission styles in their vanilla Creed games with holy shit moments in them, and its annoying because they always seem to charge extra for something they always fall flat on in the main game.

FC5's DLC was a complete joke. Obvious they just ripped out some side quests and repackaged it.

Malkav

French Madman
Unlocked it early on uplay with some VPN shenanigans and played a bit more than an hour. Spartan edition is in the mail right now, can't wait to receive it.

The game is freaking gorgeous and way more engrossing to me than Origins ever was.

Then again, I've always hated desert biomes in games and found Bayek extra bland.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unlocked it early on uplay with some VPN shenanigans and played a bit more than an hour. Spartan edition is in the mail right now, can't wait to receive it.

The game is freaking gorgeous and way more engrossing to me than Origins ever was.

Then again, I've always hated desert biomes in games and found Bayek extra bland.

Go forth and sparta kick all of the things.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I am going to rent this obviously, but, it's really too bad something like Fate of Atlantis DLC isn't a normal side quest story arc in the original game. They better have a lot of mythical creatures to fight in vanilla given it's sitting. Fate of Atlantis will probably be the best of the DLC, but in my opinion it shouldn't even be DLC - not because of the monetization, but because Ubi never has any creative and fun mission styles in their vanilla Creed games with holy shit moments in them, and its annoying because they always seem to charge extra for something they always fall flat on in the main game.

FC5's DLC was a complete joke. Obvious they just ripped out some side quests and repackaged it.

Well Origins DLC was awesome the Pharoahs was great so you know Atlantis will be good. I’m hoping in that DLC I can make Ariel part of my world as I splooge my Spartan Seed all over her seashells.

• 1OK, Sure
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played about 4-5 hours last night. I decided to play as Kassandra the female character.

The game is beautiful, and plays a lot like a Origins except being a lot more of an RPG and more options to customize your character.

The biggest change is the talent trees, you have one for hunter, warrior and assassin. You can get abilities that you bind to the 4 buttons and use them with L1 and the button of your choice. For example right now I have poison weapon tied to triangle, and the ability to throw my spear and teleport to the target on X. That means you will have to make decisions on what abilities you want available to you, as you won't be able to use them all. That way you can tailor your character to your playstyle, even if you learn everything you won't be able to use all of the skills.

Each tree has it's own damage number which seems to increase the more you invest in it, but also with gear...you can have boots with +warrior damage, or +hunter damage aside from regular stuff like +health, + crit etc.

Story has been decent, nothing special but it setting up stuff nicely. I finished the first area and got my boat and left. Something happens story wise that definitely made me want to continue.

Ship battle seems ok, it look skippable for most part if you're not into it, you can customize appearance and ship stats with different crew members, you can get missions for ship stuff.

Mercenaries look fun, you can have a bounty put on you. You can chose to pay the bounty to get rid of the mercenary, kill the mercenary, or the person who put the bounty on you. Can even recruit the mercenary as a crewmember. The bounty can increase if you steal and people see you, or kill innocents. So that's interesting and new.

The rest is typical Ubisoft open world for better or worse.

I'm looking forward to playing more, story definitely took an interesting turn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Having a blast. I had to pry myself from the controller to go to sleep.

The best ability I’ve come across is that healing ability in warrrior. Super OP same with Devastating shot.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna need to hear from someone who beat Odyssey and got bored like 10 hours into Origins before I even contemplate looking into this one.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Having a blast. I had to pry myself from the controller to go to sleep.

The best ability I’ve come across is that healing ability in warrrior. Super OP same with Devastating shot.

Yeah, I went to bed a bit too late, I'm tired this morning, I'll be totally unproductive...so unprofessional of me. :)

Yeah, I went all in into the assassin's tree so far, but I need to get that healing ability which looks really nice, also heard it's a must for when you get into the big battle thing since you can't hide during those to heal.

Not sure if it's because I'm comparing low level Odyssey with memories of high level Origins but it seems to be a bit easier to sneak around. It looks like guards don't detect you as easily, and might have more time to hide again when they do.

Oh 2 more things, content level with you which is really nice since I played most of Origins out-leveling the content.

The other thing is the quest dialog options, so far on the first island. I had 1 choice that I saw the result of my decision a little later. I had 1 other choice that I think would have a very different outcome, not sure the long term ramification of it but would most likely have some. I had at least 1 other that hinted that something could be happening, but didn't see it. Other than that it seems choices are mostly flavor which is fine really, sometimes the illusion of choice is enough. Also, I enjoy being an asshole and I'm happy that I can be one. :)

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm gonna need to hear from someone who beat Odyssey and got bored like 10 hours into Origins before I even contemplate looking into this one.

Only 5 hours in, and I liked Origins, so not exactly feedback you asked for but first impression I'd say if you didn't like Origins, I doubt you'll like this one. While it has more RPG elements, it plays very much like Origins did and the overall structure is the same.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Lol you weren’t going to play it either way.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Only 5 hours in, and I liked Origins, so not exactly feedback you asked for but first impression I'd say if you didn't like Origins, I doubt

Oh man being a dick is awesome but I just lost a potential carpenter because I lied to him about his brother being alive. Also I let some priest burn a family alive. They had the plague no chances.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
bro I've played uh....... 7 assassin's creed games. If people said it wasn't a boring slog like Origins was, I'd play this one too!

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
bro I've played uh....... 7 assassin's creed games. If people said it wasn't a boring slog like Origins was, I'd play this one too!

I have my rental from gamefly coming and will most likely play it this weekend. I'll let you know. While the character RPG skills and such may be more fun, the voice acting and story in these usually bores me to tears. The only redeeming quality of Origins was the last DLC with Pharos (Which is what it should have been about to begin with and played off more Egyptian Mythology). I can see that same thing happening here.

With that said, it has the same ship combat (With tweaks for the time period) and mission structure black flag did for the ships, and a deeper RPG system. Usually one of every 40 side quests is interesting to actually do, but I usually miss it because I skip through them after 20 boring ass side quests - and really, the main problem I had with origins was by the time I just wanted to finish the game and get it over with, I was under leveled and couldn't do the last few story missions because I had to go through and force myself through 20 side quests of pointless garbage.

That last part was infuriating.

All that aside, all that to do and even the level lock would be fine if Ubisoft could have some dynamic mission encounters besides the same copy pasted shit all over the map for 90% of it. And it isn't like they do not have a fantastic era to play with here. I thought they did a good job with FC5 stgory structure and side missions too - why they cannot get into that same creativity level here always astounds me.

Anyway, long story short, you have valid complaints about Origins - and I am guessing Lost city of Atlantis (DLC) for this game will blow away anything we see in Vanilla - but I'll be able to let you know by Monday if it ships in time.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Side quest definitely a grind here too but not as bad. Also you got the boat stuff and bounty hunters coming after you non stop if you’re a asshole which helps.

• 1Like