Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Do you need to clear all the cultists for that quest? This game has so much content. :eek:

no, half of my cultists were still alive when i did that part

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
For someone who has never played an AC game, which are worth picking up + playing? On PC.

Assassins Creed 2 aka Italy, not sure if they did it or not on PC but there is an Ezio collection that is 2 + the two expansions Brotherhood and Revelations (both of which are full game size) and its awesome
Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag aka Caribbean
Assassins Creed Odyssey aka Greece

Syndicate (London) is ok as is Unity (Paris), Origins (Egypt) is decent. 3 is North America and a step below. 1 hasn't aged well but its worth going back at some point I guess. There are a few side games as well like Liberation, Rogue, etc you can plumb.

Honestly though after 1-2 games you'll be a little fatigued so I'd start with just 2 and see if you love the game or are indifferent, it won't get any better so if you are done after a few hours well thats it then.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you love pirates go Black Flag, if you like Greek Mythology go Odyssey. Personally I think Odyssey is the best one so far.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing came close to ac2 for me. Loved the Etzio storyline and italian setting.

Honestly, if they leave completly out the non sense of abstergo and its real life segments, valhalla could be the best easy.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AC 1 is obviously dated and the least satisfying, but the setting and story are pretty incredible.

Old Jerusalem and hearing the monks praying was an awesome moment, maximum immersion there. I honestly think AC1 is worth your time.

AC2 is incredible. A must play. The one in Turkey is ok, I loved the Vlad Dracula mission, exploring his tomb was epic. Paris and London were mediocre, I never played 3, Black Flag or Origins. Odyssey is the best one by far though.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The beginning of 3 was my favorite moment of the whole series but once you start playing as the main guy it drops off a ton.

Black Flag is probably my favorite after Odyssey. The shanties were great.

Origins was a great soft reboot for the series and I am a sucker for anything Egyptian.

• 1Barf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
3 is fucking awful and you should not play it. Even if you like the american revolution timeframe, it’s a shit game

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah PC has 3 free games on uplay for another 3 days, once you claim it they are yours forever

Rude

Potato del Grande
I thought origins was lame personally. Just another open world game with an incredibly weak story and clunky combat. Them phoning in current day events detracted more than helped for the 5 minutes or so you're not even in the animus.

I am probably in the minority but I didn't mind the present day storyline they kept going with Desmond. Got weird after brotherhood then ejected into a dumpster with 3 but oh well.

Probably going to wait for a price drop before getting Valhalla. I hadn't paid full price for a game since that piece of shit Unity they put out.

• 1Seriously?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
no, half of my cultists were still alive when i did that part
I wrapped up Atlantis part but no follow up quest for the cult. Only have 6 or 7 left to kill so will do that tomorrow.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I wrapped up Atlantis part but no follow up quest for the cult. Only have 6 or 7 left to kill so will do that tomorrow.

hmmm
i went back and read through the ending and i guess you do have to kill them all.

weird, because i definitely got thefinal culist ending and i specifically avoided all the naval battle cultists because i didnt like the naval battles.

Aazrael

Finally finished the story quests. But I really feel the Atlantis DLC should have been free. I'm not going to pay for that so I'll just check YouTube for the story.

Aazrael

Just noticed I missed assassins creed rogue. Think I switched from ps3 to ps4 back then. Is it worth playing? There's a remaster out really cheap.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just noticed I missed assassins creed rogue. Think I switched from ps3 to ps4 back then. Is it worth playing? There's a remaster out really cheap.
Rogue is one of my favorites, but if you don't get into the story it's pretty similar to Black Flag in that there's a lot of boat stuff. It's set between III and IV.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Rogue is exactly like Black Flag with maybe a slightly better story as you get to see things from the templar side.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Must plays: AC1, AC2, Rogue, Black Flag, Origins, Odyssey are all great.

Only if a fan orherwise pass: I pretty much hated everything about syndicate and it is my least favorite. ACBrotherhood and Revolution pretty awesome. Unity you can pass. AC3 I actually do like but play the “ must plays” first. Liberation is a only worth it if you play AC3 first.

I love bad guys so Rogue is my personal favorite. As for storytelling the best is AC2 and overall gameplay AC Odessey.

Atlantis DLC is massive. It’s almost like it’s own game holy shit.
F00BAED1-526D-4FC4-A971-41FD80081B9A.jpeg

• 3Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Atlantis worth the purchase? I may have to buy it and hop back in after Alyx & Doom Eternal.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Atlantis was fantastic. Good value.

• 1Like