Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Between this and Far Cry 5 I am pretty impressed with their last two games.

I am hoping they learned from the mistakes of the Division for Division 2.

Not sure what I feek about the new Far Cry but it's only 40 bucks and not full priced, and I can always rent it.

Beyond Good and Evil looks like garbage compared to the magic of the first so far. But I'll wait and see and hope they don't fuck it up.

All in all though, it was a pretty good 2018 for Ubisoft which is rare. I hope they can keep up the momentum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Far Cry 5 I am pretty impressed

y76j60p.png

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've got about 15 hours or so into FC5, and while I didn't really have a bad time, I just didn't get hooked like I have Spider-man. Since the change to being able to keep progress, I started this up on Project Stream, and even the first 20 minutes of the game are fun. Although I'm the type that over-analyze, and playing as either guy or girl, or being good or bad has had me running to Google to read up on it. haha!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Haven't played Assassins Creed since the original, because the original was terrible. But this seems like a good time to jump back in

AC completely changed from Black Flag forwards.

I actually really liked the original AC and the Ezio trilogy, so it feels bittersweet that the series is doing well now, in an iteration I don't like as much.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got a question for sets since there was a recent patch.

I got the fire set which is 100% burning rate. I also put 50% burning rate on boots and only boots as not to screw up the same stat bonus.

Will I get 150% burning rate now or does my set bonus override my boots burning rates bonus. Thanks

spronk

FPS noob
first world problems: I have 54 mins played on the Google stream version. I bought an AMD key for $20 that gave me a uPlay key for AC:O. I'm thinking about buying AC:O on PS4 because the ultimate edition with all DLCs plus AC3/Liberty is $48 on PSN store with 20% coupon, I like the idea of getting the plat on PS4 on my HDR TV vs playing it on PC with gSync plus there is no discount on season pass on PC (or anywhere) so if I want all the content I'd be spending $40 vs just $8 gets me all the content PLUS the game digitally on PS4.

Its literally the "too many flavors" problem, I am paralyzed as to which version to play. Man, I wish gaming was evolved slightly more, it'd be awesome if these kind of games all shared one single backend so you could move your progress from any system to any other system and it was all cross play/buy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah. Just in time for a $20 All-in-One Edition for Holidays 2019. With games like this I struggle to reconnect with the DLC trickle. Might as well enjoy all the content.
I’m the opposite. I wanna be the first on the street to say I fucked a grandma on my Pegasus.

joz123

Potato del Grande
first world problems: I have 54 mins played on the Google stream version. I bought an AMD key for $20 that gave me a uPlay key for AC:O. I'm thinking about buying AC:O on PS4 because the ultimate edition with all DLCs plus AC3/Liberty is $48 on PSN store with 20% coupon, I like the idea of getting the plat on PS4 on my HDR TV vs playing it on PC with gSync plus there is no discount on season pass on PC (or anywhere) so if I want all the content I'd be spending $40 vs just $8 gets me all the content PLUS the game digitally on PS4.

Its literally the "too many flavors" problem, I am paralyzed as to which version to play. Man, I wish gaming was evolved slightly more, it'd be awesome if these kind of games all shared one single backend so you could move your progress from any system to any other system and it was all cross play/buy.
Maybe it's time to take a break from games....

• 2Worf

eXarc

Molten Core Raider

you have weird problems but in a way that makes me slightly envious and also slightly want to cockpunch you

forreal though just grab whichever platform you are more comfortable on and get the version with the most bang for your buck. the DLC pack with 3/Liberty is what I would spring for most likely

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely loving this game.. The only complaint I have is I feel it's much less of a 'sneak/stealth' game than previous ACs, and much more of a 'slaughter everyone' game, but it's fun, the writing is great, and I love the historic aspect of it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to play this, but I stalled out on AC after Revelations (even though I own them all up through Rogue). Any reason not to just skip right to this one?

And since it's on sale on PSN right now, which version is worth getting? Leaning towards Gold since I'm guessing the Deluxe stuff is probably worthless and Ubisoft are dicks when it comes to putting Season Passes on sale, so you either buy it at a discount in a bundle or get fucked later if you decide you want it.

spronk spronk Where'd that -20% coupon for PSN come from? Haven't heard about any recently.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I normally ignore Ubisoft games but I tried this free on Projectstream. Played for 20+ hours and I'm liking it.

While I'm waiting for the free downloadable copy of Odyssey, I decided to buy Origins. What a mistake. Origins is more Ubisoft shit.

• 2Like

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah.. Origins almost killed any desire to play AC again.. but a friend of mine out here bought Odyssey and LOVED it, so I gave it a shot.. I'm definitely hooked!

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah.. Origins almost killed any desire to play AC again.. but a friend of mine out here bought Odyssey and LOVED it, so I gave it a shot.. I'm definitely hooked!

So I bought Origins on the cheap a while back and played about 5 hours into it but really wanted to play Odyssey while it was current and dropped Origins.

It felt like Origins was similar to Odyssey and I had planned on playing it eventually. I loved Odyssey and even expected a downgraded experience but didnt realize it was so drastic a disappointment. What’s wrong with it?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It's not Greece. 99% serious.

Edit - did Origins have the mercenaries? I really like that part, including the rage inducing moments. I hope they keep it and expand on it like Shadow of War's nemesis system.

• 3Like