Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I picked it up on Friday. I was sick this weekend, so I managed to put in a little over 20 hours since purchasing it. I like it a lot. Not as good as RDR2 imo, but the best the AC series has been since Black Flag and Ezio, and the best the combat has ever been. It's amazing how much allowing me to choose how my character responds in dialogues added to the game for me. I think the real standout in this game is world they created. Greece is beautiful and really fun to explore.

The game is huge though, I don't see how I'm going to finish before the new POE league, which is going to create a serious internal conflict for me. :)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks guys. I'll probably do the same and putz around finishing quests in specific areas until I get bored enough to progress the story for them purpz.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just started playing and wondering if its more fast paced (combat/running/climbing) than Origins? Feels like turbo mode but might just be me being used to the RDR2 gameplay as I just completed that game yesterday.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Branching dialogue is a complete illusion in this game. Last 4 dialogue options I've had, game basically says nope on the option I picked and goes back to the other option.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Beat the game on Google Stream - almost 60 hours. Just can't bring myself to investing anymore time into this game when I know it will be all for naught. Hunter abilities vastly overpower any of the other abilities, which is a little disappointing. I thought the ship battles were tedious. The quests though, especially the last Odyssey quest (Gates of Atlantis) was by far my most fun quest.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm still having a blast with this. I liked Shadow of War for the most of the same reasons, but the scenery is way better in this game. If they took Shadow of War's nemesis system + Orc Army/Stronghold features and added it to this game, I'd be a happy camper.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Coming back to this now after RDR2. I’m so happy to ride a horse again and accidentally run into people without getting a bounty or dying as I kill myself and my horse lol

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And a controller scheme that works 😜 and HDR works. :)

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm glad I put RDR2 down so quick. I don't feel guilty now. I'll enjoy it more after a few patches and online comes out.

I think I'm going to get the season pass for Odessey. I could see myself playing this for awhile.

Is the Arena something you can do more than once for fun, or is it just a one time thing for the story?

• 2Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I didn't dislike Origins, but this is an improvement in every way. That said I'm about 42 hours in now and I'm starting to get burnt out. I'll probably take a big break when the new POE league drops next Friday and then come back to it after a few weeks. In the meantime I'll slow it down. I still like the story and the basic structure, but when I see a big fort with tons of people to take out I tend to turn off the game and come back to it later.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Is the Arena something you can do more than once for fun, or is it just a one time thing for the story?

The arena has a story you go through as you defeat all the opponents. Once that story ends, there are new opponents for you to fight just for fun.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The arena has a story you go through as you defeat all the opponents. Once that story ends, there are new opponents for you to fight just for fun.
Perfect, that's all I was hoping for. Thanks.

So anyone here who really disliked ACOrigins really love AC Odyssey?
I was kind of meh on origins, mainly because of the scenery. I just don't care for that environment or those gods. I like Odyssey a lot more for the same reasons. I mean...they feel like the exact same game to me, just different setting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The one thing I dislike though... getting a level 34 quest and having to kill an NPC that is 38. 😡

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad I put RDR2 down so quick. I don't feel guilty now. I'll enjoy it more after a few patches and online comes out.

I think I'm going to get the season pass for Odessey. I could see myself playing this for awhile.

I think I’ve said this here before but I feel like RDR2 is the better game/experience, but AC:O is definitely more fun to me in a 2001 vs. Star Wars way.

I’m almost done with RDR2 and I probably won’t come back to AC:O but I still have Far Cry 5 in my back catalog. So many open world games and not nearly enough time!

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
You can get a game code for this from Ebay for $25. It's an AMD games bundle that comes with ACO, Star Control, and Strange Brigade. I obviously can't vouch for the sellers, but it's a deal if you are on the fence.

just to follow up on this, as i said before you do need a Radeon 570/580/590 to activate the bundle but you can activate this and the newer bundle which gives you Division 2 and Devil May Cry 5 (both not released) on any 580/590 machine. I bought bundle keys for both for $20 each and activated them all on my brothers 580 machine, just had to login to my uPlay account on his PC and it activated to my account, gave me steam keys for the steam games and told me it'll email me for division (uplay) and DMC5 when its out. AC:O is just regular edition, no season pass, but still a great deal. nice thing about PC version is you can cheat with CheatEngine and give yourself all the cosmetic crap for free.

season pass for ACO should go on sale on uPlay the day after christmas, they always have a big sale after that. its on sale right now on uPlay too until wed, like 30-50% off but physical copies I think, PC digital is "only" 33% off

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't dislike Origins, but this is an improvement in every way. That said I'm about 42 hours in now and I'm starting to get burnt out. I'll probably take a big break when the new POE league drops next Friday and then come back to it after a few weeks. In the meantime I'll slow it down. I still like the story and the basic structure, but when I see a big fort with tons of people to take out I tend to turn off the game and come back to it later.

I did the same thing... the game is way more fun to me than RDR 2 was, but I think their biggest mistake was creating such a big world that is historically accurate and to scale. All of the locations look the exact same, and really almost all of the enemies are exactly the same as well. Not only that the skills are really shallow. I'm level 25 and pretty much have everything I need/want for my melee build outside of getting them stronger via spear upgrades. Now that someone mentioned hunter abilities, I may have to play with my bow a bit.