Assassin's Creed: Unity

spronk

FPS noob
game seems to be running fine on PS4, with huge crowds not noticing any slowdowns. however graphics don't really feel next gen at all, lot of jaggies and muted colors and everything seems to have vaseline smeared over it. Definitely shipped way too early, you can see some animation lock skips sometimes, the companion app feels wonky and unfinished, and there is all kinds of extra stuff in game that is tied to initiates that seems to be broken - you can't advance initiate levels at all it seems like, but need higher levels to loot certain chests.

i'm going to play as much as I can the next 3 days and then trade it in and revisit next year, so far the story seems all over the place and I am just not getting that much into it, which is sorta what I expected anyways

i wish they'd focus on just the game instead of all this companion and co-op shit, the android companion app is 500 meg download and has a premium version you can buy for $2.40 extra. da fuq? not even sure what the fuck you are supposed to do in it, probably haven't unlocked stuff on my main campaign yet.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i wish they'd focus on just the game instead of all this companion and co-op shit, the android companion app is 500 meg download and has a premium version you can buy for $2.40 extra. da fuq? not even sure what the fuck you are supposed to do in it, probably haven't unlocked stuff on my main campaign yet.
What the shit? The AC:Initiates website and AC app were awesome for Black Flag. How do you manage to screw that up so bad. So sad to hear.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I don't know how a game like this gets a 7.5 or so average and COD gets a 9.

Destiny with just good mechanics got a 7.5 and absolutely zero story. This has all the great things an AC game has looks beautiful has an ok story and heaps to do. I just don't get how they review games.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Was so close to buying this. Black Flag restored my faith in the series but I was wondering how the hell you would top Pirates Creed. I slogged through AC1 when it first came out then never finished AC2, Skipped the rest till AC3 and never got close to finishing it and I tried twice to get into it. Bought and finished Black Flag over a weekend on PS3 then played through it again on PS4.

A Japanese or Egyptian game might be good but I still think AC4 was the peak for the series.

Looks like Rogue will be coming to PC early next year. I'll probably still pick up Unity at some point but not till it's cheap on Steam.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Was so close to buying this. Black Flag restored my faith in the series but I was wondering how the hell you would top Pirates Creed. I slogged through AC1 when it first came out then never finished AC2, Skipped the rest till AC3 and never got close to finishing it and I tried twice to get into it. Bought and finished Black Flag over a weekend on PS3 then played through it again on PS4.

A Japanese or Egyptian game might be good but I still think AC4 was the peak for the series.

Looks like Rogue will be coming to PC early next year. I'll probably still pick up Unity at some point but not till it's cheap on Steam.
You missed some of the best games by skipping 2/Brotherhood/Revelations

and probably the best trailer:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You missed some of the best games by skipping 2/Brotherhood/Revelations

and probably the best trailer:

I have AC2, brotherhood and revelations and I couldn't get into any of those. Black Flag however was awesome for me.

spronk

FPS noob
hahaha

rQJfqiA.jpg

n379B6B.jpg

vTocXXR.gif

two things i will say i like: finally buildings that are actually open and you can go inside and are full of people. Next gen!! also the crowds are pretty cool i guess, although I never had a problem with the crowd sizes in previous ACs, it feels like they are putting in more people here to show off than to advance any story/plot

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Ubisoft needs to fuck off with all these microtransactions. Why should people pay full price and then even more?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One of the Hitman games did the huge crowds thing years ago. I remember their Mardi Gras level, the huge crowds added nothing imo =(

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Huge crowds in video games are the equivalent of Dillinger Escape Plan. Technically impressive, but also pointless and boring after about 12 seconds.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
One of the Hitman games did the huge crowds thing years ago. I remember their Mardi Gras level, the huge crowds added nothing imo =(
Sure sounds great for that marketing team though!

Lenwen

Silver Squire
There has been a gamebreaking bug found for the pc version. Upon stepping foot in the saint-marcell or the pantheon district in the very southeast portion of the map, the game will instantly crash. Guess I am done until they fix this shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So for those saying you don't have any framerate issues, what is your standard for a good framerate?

Performance Analysis: Assassin's Creed Unity Eurogamer.net

Hilariously, the Xbone being the weakest of the 3 platforms has the best performance. The PS4 hovering around 25fps and dropping below 20 fps sometime? Ugh. Sounds like they really optimized this thing!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just got to Paris so I need to play test it some more but I am not having hardly any issues outside everyone sounding like Michael fucking Caine in Paris.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I seem to recall they had a guy with a french accent in AC:3. But this shit is everywhere. I'm sick of every historical fiction using british accents and modern ethics. It won't stop me from playing the game though.

Man, Conan cracks me up. I laughed through that whole thing.
I just watched his CoD video too. It's just as epic. I can't stand tonight shows anymore, his included, but he does so much funny improv stuff. He was the best thing on during the writer's strike.