Assassin's Creed: Unity

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Finished the story then shelved the game. I actually got a massive headache from the later chapters due to the horrible frame drops. It seems like patch 1.02 made the performance worse for me.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yea, I liked AC3. I'll finish this once it's been fixed. I don't believe they're so bad that they won't resolve it. The chests that need a phone app are....wtf? I don't want to play another game to play this game man.
This times 1000. Stupid decision that seems to be in damn near every game lately. It's not even just this game, i hate this in general

spronk

FPS noob
Finished the story then shelved the game. I actually got a massive headache from the later chapters due to the horrible frame drops. It seems like patch 1.02 made the performance worse for me.
its just as bad on PS4, the last two chapters crawled to 1 fps in multiple locations. I finished the game today too and I'm trading it in tomorrow - at least it basically cost me nothing to play. The story was pretty awful, I think the AC3 story was probably better crafted. The only redeeming part of AC5 is Paris, the city really was quite beautiful and fun to explore, but the single player campaign just got worse with every mission and never really picked up. It didn't feel like you were an assassin at all, just some lackey doing FedEx quests for random people.

Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone picking AC5 right now.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Friend wanted to see if this shit ran on my computer since I practically run a singularity under my desk.

I got sli 980s 128gb of ram and fucking ram drived this shit and it still chugged like an broken donkey.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe Rogue is a better option at this point? Its last-gen only but at least it's got naval combat n shit. You also play as a templar if I remember right. Kinda cool twist.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Rogue is definitely a better choice at the moment. In addition to the technical problems of unity, the story was also very weak, probably one of the weakest ac story.

If I had actually paid money for unity, I would have gotten a refund.

iannis

Musty Nester
128GB of ram wtf
I have to add to the wtf comment.

What's even the point of that? I'm seriously asking.

Is it like that guy I knew that, we're talking 20 years ago, bought a whole shitload of hard drives and daisy chained them together, and then broke windows with his 1 TERRABYTE drive... just because he could and he thought it was funny?

iannis

Musty Nester
A ram disk would be pretty slick!

I'm just confused on why you could put it on your video card.

Oh wait, I'm dumb. They don't actually sell 64gb 980's.

I am not good with computar. How did I get here?

TheBigTor_sl

shitlord
I hate this game, that is just the honest truth of it.
I am not one of those people that just doesn't like the series, I liked ac1, I consider ac2 to be one of the most improved sequels I have ever played and remains one of my favourites, I loved Brotherhood as much as 2, I though Revelations was the weaker of the games at that point but still better than 1, and I liked AC3 at the time but understood many of the complaints.
Blag Flag is one of my favourite games of all time.
This game... Just feels wrong on ever level. The controls and movement feel off, the city feels too cluttered, the combat is awful and too punishing for my tastes when you cannot see when to to parry because enemies lunge at you from off screen, but it's the being shot at through smoke and crowds while zig-zagging through said crowd that pushed it over the edge for me. I found the first few mission to be clunky and unfun and can't be bothered to continue past sequence 3. The gameplay just isn't fun. This is, of course, just my opinion but I can't help it...
I hate this game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd still like to know what you do that needs 128GB of RAM on your PC!
Give it time. I work with machines with this configuration daily. As a consumer need? Definitely give it time

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya doesn't make the least bit of sense as you don't need as much ram as people think unless you are doing crazy shit and even still that amount is way overkill (on a non-business level of course)

As far as the combat goes, I certainly have to agree with the frustration of having a guy dash from 5 yards away off screen to 1 shot me because I couldn't parry it. This also ties in to the camera by default putting you in awkward angles as well causing you to sometimes get stabbed with no recourse.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'd still like to know what you do that needs 128GB of RAM on your PC!
Ram drives and digital editing. It enrages me to load slower than anyone at anything. With a ram drive that never happens. If you've ever done some heavy digital editing, you'd know that 128 gb don't go as far as you think. Photoshop rapes your memory.