Assassin's Creed: Unity

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
http://www.amazon.com/review/RTDOWG8...ore=videogames

oUp7mGa.png

spronk

FPS noob
haha that was an awesome and spot on review

i dunno what i did but i finally unlocked assassin missions on my android tablet, i think i had to touch one of the double triangle things in game in paris or some shit. i honestly have no clue, its just not locked for me anymore on tablet. the missions are pretty lame, its just a reskin of the AC3/AC4 battles but instead of navy fights you send them on AC2/3 style missions, you can recruit an army of assassins (and by recruit I mean buy them for $$) and I'm not honestly sure what rewards you even get. I'd rather do the navy battles, that was the fucking tits while on the toilet building a massive armada of man-o-wars.

i do like the game but man it is riddled with so much crap everywhere, but stuff like the murder mystery investigations and the tablet encyclopedia entries are really cool

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
LOL at the Amazon review. I love seeing those.

I also love the 5 star reviews from the non-amazon verified purchases where they have one review, and it happens to be this game - and a "SO AWESOME. SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE LAST ONE. BUY IT NOW!"

Amazon needs to do a few things:

1) Get rid of the Vine Program (At least they label them)
2) Those who do not purchase the game from Amazon cannot REVIEW THE PRODUCT ON AMAZON.

But then we would lose out on gems like the one above
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1) Get rid of the Vine Program (At least they label them)
2) Those who do not purchase the game from Amazon cannot REVIEW THE PRODUCT ON AMAZON.
no thanks. Some people use reviews to inform their buying choices, not as a way to get schaedenfreuded up from seeing bad scores on games whose producers they don't like the business model of.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Uh, what Utnayan suggested would eliminate the "schaedenfreuded up from seeing bad scores on games whose producers they don't like the business model of".

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
15-Love. Soygen.

Tuco: As it stands on Amazon, you can review anything on there. I can go review a set of golf clubs I have no intention of buying if I wanted too. Vine makes it so they label the folks that received free product for the review stand out. Which is obviously good. But right now I skim over all the reviews to check the Amazon Verified Purchase reviews. At least I know they bought the product
smile.png
If anything, an option to only show Amazon Verified Purchase Reviews would be fantastic. It would help on both sides.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Tuco made me laugh! Today is going to be a good day.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The fucking burn of the soda as it shot out my nose from that... OUCH

Still laughing though, totally didn't expect that

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You only see those reviews if they're crafted extremely well, which means ppl will LOL, cuz the only way a review gets to be featured is by being shared and liked, 2000 ppl liked it, well it's gonna trump all the other review metrics.

While I agree it's bs that anyone can review anything, most amazon users can smell the bs and just either not vote on a review or let it fade away. But sometimes you don't buy from amazon, and you just want to review a product, why not? especially if you usually buy from amazon anyway.

spronk

FPS noob
halfway through the story (chapter 6 of 12 although I expect the last few to go by faster) and at least 10 times now I have fallen under the ground and into infinity - you do eventually die at least. how the hell did this game get released... it woulda been nice if Sony or Microsoft had halted the game on their platform due to not passing minimal QA, woulda been a big shitstorm and the fanboism would be insane but this is just dumb.

Except Big N
Original_Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality_(European)_(Custom).JPG

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
halfway through the story (chapter 6 of 12 although I expect the last few to go by faster) and at least 10 times now I have fallen under the ground and into infinity - you do eventually die at least. how the hell did this game get released... it woulda been nice if Sony or Microsoft had halted the game on their platform due to not passing minimal QA, woulda been a big shitstorm and the fanboism would be insane but this is just dumb.

Except Big N
Original_Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality_(European)_(Custom).JPG
I would really like to know if there even IS a certification process any longer. I doubt Sony or Microsoft even care.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's a certification process for patches, haha. So if your game is broken, it takes forever to fix it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would really like to know if there even IS a certification process any longer. I doubt Sony or Microsoft even care.
Well I haven't worked on submission standards in a very long time, but even back then there was a sense that the big Triple A titles got the kid glove treatment while they would gleefully kick back smaller submissions multiple times for ticky tacky bullshit.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Checked it out. At first there was a lot of screen tearing. I updated my nvidia drivers, and it was fixed. I am still getting stuck in objects with no recourse but "reload checkpoint". This happened early on, in different places, often. And I fell through the world a few times. I imagine I'm like 2% into the game. I'm not loading it back up until I read that this has been resolved.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I almost never post about console games, but ffs this game. I have fallen through the world a number of times in the middle of a mission and lost all progress. Not to mention the weird graphics shit I've seen. I usually love AC games, even the ones generally considered "bad" by most people around here. But, I likely won't even bother trying to finish it. I'll just trade it in. Such a shame, as I really like the setting.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I liked AC3. I'll finish this once it's been fixed. I don't believe they're so bad that they won't resolve it. The chests that need a phone app are....wtf? I don't want to play another game to play this game man.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Checked it out. At first there was a lot of screen tearing. I updated my nvidia drivers, and it was fixed. I am still getting stuck in objects with no recourse but "reload checkpoint". This happened early on, in different places, often. And I fell through the world a few times. I imagine I'm like 2% into the game. I'm not loading it back up until I read that this has been resolved.
Ya, I had this happen to me when climbing a building. There was this little overhang of the roof finishing and just enough room to have a ledge to stand on. He proceeds to climb up and do his little dumb parkour spin move right on to that ledge and in to the edge of the roof thus getting stuck. I sat there for probably 5-10 mins fucking with char movement before I got unstuck. I refused to reload lol.