AssHat 2023 Final Four! Vote Now!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Rocky didnt get "lazy". shit, he was in much better shape than he ever was in Rocky I and II. what happened to him and was explained in the movie is that Rocky just didnt care anymore about being the champ. he lost focus of what was important as a fighter. when the Rocky statue was unveiled, and Rocky announced at the ceremony that he was retiring, he was moving on with his life. away from boxing. then Clubber calls him out, riles him up by trying to turn his wife into a coalburner, then Rocky loses his shit and wants to fight him. but he's still lost his edge and thats why he lost because Clubber was hungry.

Ambiturner Ambiturner you know you fucked up when even chukzombi understands the movie better than you

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ambiturner Ambiturner you know you fucked up when even chukzombi understands the movie better than you

It's pretty clear you've realized you were wrong and are trying to change the argument. The fact that the movie gave reasons why he lost has nothing to do with whether he was favored in the fight or not.

You didn't know what underdog meant and this is just pathetic backpedaling

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It's pretty clear you've realized you were wrong and are trying to change the argument. The fact that the movie gave reasons why he lost has nothing to do with whether he was favored in the fight or not.

You didn't know what underdog meant and this is just pathetic backpedaling

LMAO how am I back peddling? My point is the same as it always was and my reasoning virtually identical to what chuk said.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
LMAO how am I back peddling? My point is the same as it always was and my reasoning virtually identical to what chuk said.

Whats the argument about?

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
He doesn't think the heavyweight champion who had just defended his title 10 times would have been favorited in the first Clubber Lang fight.

Thanks for clarifying

Whats the argument about?

He doesn't think that Rocky Balboa was the underdog (from the audiences perspective) going into the first Clubber Lang fight, despite the whole first act of the film leading into that fight beating the audience over the head with the fact that Rocky had lost some of his edge. He doesn't think that the audience is meant to expect a Rocky loss despite HIS OWN LITERAL COACH admitting that he CHERRYPICKED easier opponents and that Lang is too strong for Rocky.

He doesn't think the audience should expect Rocky to lose even though his coach expected him to lose and the training montage pre Lang shows how Rocky isn't taking the fight seriously despite Rocky's warnings.

He doesn't think the audience should expect Rocky to lose even though his mentor and coach literally has a heart attack pre fight and can't be ringside lmao.

I can only assume he's autistically basing his argument from the perspective of some bookmaker or boxing pundit inside the film universe - are there even any scenes showing that the average fan/commentator hyped Rocky up as the favourite?

• 2Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thanks for clarifying

He doesn't think that Rocky Balboa was the underdog (from the audiences perspective) going into the first Clubber Lang fight, despite the whole first act of the film leading into that fight beating the audience over the head with the fact that Rocky had lost some of his edge. He doesn't think that the audience is meant to expect a Rocky loss despite HIS OWN LITERAL COACH admitting that he CHERRYPICKED easier opponents and that Lang is too strong for Rocky.

He doesn't think the audience should expect Rocky to lose even though his coach expected him to lose and the training montage pre Lang shows how Rocky isn't taking the fight seriously despite Rocky's warnings.

He doesn't think the audience should expect Rocky to lose even though his mentor and coach literally has a heart attack pre fight and can't be ringside lmao.

I can only assume he's autistically basing his argument from the perspective of some bookmaker or boxing pundit inside the film universe - are there even any scenes showing that the average fan/commentator hyped Rocky up as the favourite?

Please show where I said "from the audiences perspective". You made that one up once you realized you fucked up. In your retarded understanding of the word underdog, The Little Giants were favorites, The Might Ducks were favorites, and Daniel LaRusso wasn't an underdog because the audience knew they were probably going to win.

The only person who's ever tried to make a "from the audiences perspective" is you as some weird technicality to try and not admit you were wrong over saying something so retarded

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Thanks for clarifying

They definitely position Rocky as the underdog through the whole movie. Stallone literally beats you over the head with it repeatedly by positioning himself as 5 years older, retiring with nothing but cherry picked weak title challengers.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Please show where I said "from the audiences perspective". You made that one up once you realized you fucked up. In your retarded understanding of the word underdog, The Little Giants were favorites, The Might Ducks were favorites, and Daniel LaRusso wasn't an underdog because the audience knew they were probably going to win.

The only person who's ever tried to make a "from the audiences perspective" is you as some weird technicality to try and not admit you were wrong over saying something so retarded

What's the other perspective if not the audience's?

The imaginary bookie in Rocky 3?

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
I get it, you're desperate because wormie wormie lead is insurmountable but at least lose with dignity

I understand that you don't understand why movies are written the way they are.

Stallone is pretty crude as a writer that's why he beats you over the head so hard with the exposition. He is not subtle about it at all.

In case you didn't get all the hints before, he even writes a heart attack for his trainer right before the match

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Even breaking it down to something as vague as"underdog trains and wins" and calling that a "formula", he doesn't triumph in Rocky, isn't the underdog in Rocky 3, and Rocky 4 is far more about revenge and national pride

1700260331699.png

That's the only part of your post I replied to - there was no distinction made between what the audience sees (conversations held in private between Mickey and Rocky) and what information the Rocky population have.

As I posted in that reply:

a) Clubber himself said that Rocky was taking "easy matches" and fighting "bums". So if Clubber thinks that there's a semi decent chance that other boxing commentators had also noticed that. Which gives more credibility to the idea that there wasn't consensus inside the film that he was the strong favourite.

b) Micky admitted he was picking easy fights and that Rocky had lost the edge

c) you conceded that Micky thought he had lost the edge

1700260572598.png
(but again, where is the evidence that he was the "only one" inside the film that thought he was the heavy favourite. Are there scenes of boxing pundits saying Rocky will win? (genuine question cba to flick through the film to check).

You're so retarded you don't even realize you're the one claiming he was the underdog.

Underdog isn't about who's better, it's about popular opinion. Everyone but Mickey thought Rocky would win, so he's not the underdog.

Words have meanings, learn what they are before embarrassing yourself like this in the future

"Everyone"
pronoun: every person; everybody.

"Everyone" = "every person; everybody" inside the film and outside the film.

"Everyone" (who isn't a total idiot) outside the film is lead to believe that Rocky has lost his edge, has been fighting easier opponents and will be outfought by Lang.

Ergo it is not true that "everyone but Micky thought Rocky would win"

As explained here Snow White (2024)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I understand that you don't understand why movies are written the way they are.

Stallone is pretty crude as a writer that's why he beats you over the head so hard with the exposition. He is not subtle about it at all.

In case you didn't get all the hints before, he even writes a heart attack for his trainer right before the match

You forget to log into Foler Foler when you quoted yourself? Crazy how Stallone had to beat people over the head with why the underdog would lose

• 1Jonesing

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
You forget to log into Foler Foler when you quoted yourself? Crazy how Stallone had to beat people over the head with why the underdog would lose

So weird how I accidentally quoted myself, but you already knew I was talking about you

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 500790

That's the only part of your post I replied to - there was no distinction made between what the audience sees (conversations held in private between Mickey and Rocky) and what information the Rocky population have.

As I posted in that reply:

a) Clubber himself said that Rocky was taking "easy matches" and fighting "bums". So if Clubber thinks that there's a semi decent chance that other boxing commentators had also noticed that. Which gives more credibility to the idea that there wasn't consensus inside the film that he was the strong favourite.

b) Micky admitted he was picking easy fights and that Rocky had lost the edge

c) you conceded that Micky thought he had lost the edge

View attachment 500791(but again, where is the evidence that he was the "only one" inside the film that thought he was the heavy favourite. Are there scenes of boxing pundits saying Rocky will win? (genuine question cba to flick through the film to check).

"Everyone"
pronoun: every person; everybody.

"Everyone" = "every person; everybody" inside the film and outside the film.

"Everyone" (who isn't a total idiot) outside the film is lead to believe that Rocky has lost his edge, has been fighting easier opponents and will be outfought by Lang.

Ergo it is not true that "everyone but Micky thought Rocky would win"

As explained here Snow White (2024)

You're not doing yourself any favors by constantly changing what your argument is supposed to be.

Also, by your logic, Rocky was the heavy favorite against Drago. Definitely a good thing you can't create posts in the movie forum, because your don't seem to understand anything about them

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm not playing moving goal posts with you. If you want to try and stick with 1 thing you were trying to say then I'll easily prove you wrong. But being proven wrong just so you can pretend you were talking about something else over and over is pointless and you're not worth it

My replies to you speak for themselves

a) a video in public in front of the press of Lang accusing Rocky of fighting bums and ducking him. This confrontation and accusation would be boxing headline news. It would also presumably spark debate, discussion amongst boxing commentators of whether the claim was true.

Ergo, even if he stick to your argument of "he was the underdog (from the perspective of inside the Rocky universe)" then it's probable that some people would agree with Lang's accusation. Ergo "everyone but Micky" is false.

It's GG no rematch just from a) LMAO - you're out "champ", get someone to throw in the towel to save you from another beating and more brain damage LMAO.

but then I post b) which is a conversation in private from Micky admitting what Lang said was true. This is to make the audience think Rocky would lose.

A + B = KO = LOL

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
I'm not playing moving goal posts with you. If you want to try and stick with 1 thing you were trying to say then I'll easily prove you wrong. But being proven wrong just so you can pretend you were talking about something else over and over is pointless and you're not worth it

How is Rocky not an underdog?

Even his 10 title defenses (which is the only thing that would make him a favorite) are presented to the audience as fake, thus making him a phony and not a legit contender