Atlas

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
gave me ptsd of when i was a teenager! lol

Outside of that, i mean i can stay up late nights, but at some point one has to sleep a bit! Im in my 40's and it gets rough now, its not so easy anymore! haha

Dude bring back the excitement of robbing relics from shitty hib elves and prancy bards at 4 am listening to Utnayan Utnayan in General chat taunt players and Mark Jacobs is where it’s at. God I miss Dark Age of Camelot.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Like every other open world survival MMO it has become EVERYONE vs CHINA. So the chinese were building a schooner at this island we were harvesting for resources. Crewmate realizes he can DEMOLISH THE SHIPYARD. He fucking nukes it. Chinese FREAK THE FUCK OUT. Start salvaging everything. Problem? They're all MASSIVELY overweight and have no weapons. Thus the resource farming bonanza began. Fucking pistol shots to the head, thousands of fiber and wood in minutes. Broken English comms "Why u do this guy????!1??"

China. Please get out of my games. You all fucking suck and even in zerg numbers all you do is hold up people actually playing the game.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That sounds exactly like real world economics of how their people are exploited by us and their own leadership. Why would they know any better?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Like every other open world survival MMO it has become EVERYONE vs CHINA. So the chinese were building a schooner at this island we were harvesting for resources. Crewmate realizes he can DEMOLISH THE SHIPYARD. He fucking nukes it. Chinese FREAK THE FUCK OUT. Start salvaging everything. Problem? They're all MASSIVELY overweight and have no weapons. Thus the resource farming bonanza began. Fucking pistol shots to the head, thousands of fiber and wood in minutes. Broken English comms "Why u do this guy????!1??"

China. Please get out of my games. You all fucking suck and even in zerg numbers all you do is hold up people actually playing the game.
Not to mention I have heard 3 times now they are making clans pay 200-500 US cash per island in select zones or face offline removal sales of everything.
If that is true then they should be banned forever and their little ching chong friends too.

Shipyards moving to server side tracking soon though so it'll be back to like 4 day decay or whatever.

So I dressed up a Galleon tonight on my admin server. It took me 8 hours to fully kit, stock and design it WITH free unlimited parts. It's just that big.
Did some Brigs as well. By the time you add stairs, doors, crafting areas, guns and all the other shit you can have 4 13 gun Brigs for the one 30-40 gun Galleon. Galleon also is only 12k per panel so it isn't like it is much tougher. Sure it has more hit spots by almost double as far as planks go, but in war you need the best value to expendable ratio.
So Galleon for fleet Admiral and the rest Brigs.

Picture doesn't do it justice, it is simply massive.

mahship.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Not only a repost but stupid as fuck too.
I don't like defending the game much but everything in the trailer is possible and real. Just because it shows a bunch of day 1 noobs on a rafts being retards doesn't make it "reality" compared to the equal trailer part. The only "lie" I see in the trailer is the lively town, but even THAT is possible if player made. I have not seen the Hydra or Drakes but I am certain they exist someplace. Carts with cannons and carriages is a thing, no one specs in it though because the islands are too small to really make use of it.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
been watching Cohh stream on and off and it seems like the game is in mid alpha build and probably at least a couple of years off being anywhere ready for a beta release. People paying money for it are fools

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
me and about 12 homies been playing. we made a shipyard in a laweless zone and built about 6 boats (2 schooners 4 sloops) and i set out on my schooner to explore. it was pretty fun sailing but hte world is saturated now with ghost ships and fucking typhoons. every tiem it rained a typhoon tried to wreck my boat. it actually eventually destroyed it, which was gay, but the destruction was really cool.

I sprung leaks and ran down to fix the breach, water was flooding in. another funnel cloud hit my boat and it cracked in half and my boat and loot sank to the bottom of hte ocean. i took a screen shot of the location in case i can go retrieve the loot later.

the sinking effect/ event was pretty interesting. typhoons are absurdly too common.

Xevy

Log Wizard
After countless defenses from people we raided seeking vengeance (they actually named their raft _______'s Vengeance), the chinese, and other raiders our biggest devastation came at the hands of:

wolves.

Fucking 7 wolves spawning around our small base house and hitting all our storage containers through the walls. So much gone while we were sleeping to NPC's that have no fucking right attacking structures, especially INSIDE of other structures.

Oh well.

Our area is pretty funny. There's a mega alliance with like 2 galleons and 10+ schooners/brigs and all the lowbie pusses ally/merge with them. One such group we showed up at their base, grenaded a bunch of shit, then sank their Brig WITH FUCKING HATCHES AND PICKS while constantly defending from them gliding in with guns and maces. They then came over to our base while everyone was me was offline. They left 1 bed up, because they're dumb, and I put on my suit and shooty gun and then mercilessly farmed them. We netted like two suits of plate and some maces and a bunch of bows/arrows/spears out of them attacking us. But hey, they did kill 2 of our beds! After the whining they joined the mega guild for "protection" so they can go on harvesting wood and making needlessly large bases and never actually playing the game. The best was the global chat:

Guys A: (Xevron's) company is a bunch of assholes! they sunk our ship and tried to blow up our base! 1000 stone bounty for their heads!
Guys B: Hey guys A, why can't we join you?
Guys A: Because you attacked us once.
Guys B: Hey Xevron's company, can we ally with you?
(my crewmate actively destroying/stealing 20 tools from B Company's storage box while this is happening)
*3 minutes pass*
Guys B: XEVRON'S COMPANY IS FUCKING DEAD! 400 GOLD FOR THEIR HEADS!
Me: :)
Guys A: MEGA COMPANY WHY U NO PROTEC US
MEGA COMPANY: What? Why? Was something happening? Sorry. We were doing stuff.
Guys A: UGHHHHHHHHH

For a pirate game, ain't a lot of pirates. The best part was the guys from Company A swimming around their boat (we retracted the ladders) in prox chat going "OH YEAH BROS? IS THIS FUN TO YOU? IS THIS WORTH YOUR 25 DOLLARS? IS THIS WHY YOU PLAY THIS GAME?" as we destroyed the boat panel next to them in the water. Yes, this is why I paid 25 dollars and IS why I play.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After countless defenses from people we raided seeking vengeance (they actually named their raft _______'s Vengeance), the chinese, and other raiders our biggest devastation came at the hands of:

wolves.

Fucking 7 wolves spawning around our small base house and hitting all our storage containers through the walls. So much gone while we were sleeping to NPC's that have no fucking right attacking structures, especially INSIDE of other structures.

Oh well.

Our area is pretty funny. There's a mega alliance with like 2 galleons and 10+ schooners/brigs and all the lowbie pusses ally/merge with them. One such group we showed up at their base, grenaded a bunch of shit, then sank their Brig WITH FUCKING HATCHES AND PICKS while constantly defending from them gliding in with guns and maces. They then came over to our base while everyone was me was offline. They left 1 bed up, because they're dumb, and I put on my suit and shooty gun and then mercilessly farmed them. We netted like two suits of plate and some maces and a bunch of bows/arrows/spears out of them attacking us. But hey, they did kill 2 of our beds! After the whining they joined the mega guild for "protection" so they can go on harvesting wood and making needlessly large bases and never actually playing the game. The best was the global chat:

Guys A: (Xevron's) company is a bunch of assholes! they sunk our ship and tried to blow up our base! 1000 stone bounty for their heads!
(my crewmate actively destroying/stealing 20 tools from B Company's storage box while this is happening)
*3 minutes pass*

For a pirate game, ain't a lot of pirates. The best part was the guys from Company A swimming around their boat (we retracted the ladders) in prox chat going "OH YEAH BROS? IS THIS FUN TO YOU? IS THIS WORTH YOUR 25 DOLLARS? IS THIS WHY YOU PLAY THIS GAME?" as we destroyed the boat panel next to them in the water. Yes, this is why I paid 25 dollars and IS why I play.

What is your twitch and would you take shots for donations?

Sterling

El Presidente

wolves.

Oh well.

*3 minutes pass*

This is great.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dude, I've just ordered the parts to upgrade my PC. I was streaming it but whenever I open my compass/map it shuts down OBS because of the immense lag it causes on my PC. They have MAJOR fucking issues. If you've ever been in discord with people while they Rejoin Atlas (the button) you can hear them go robot. This fucking game is buggy as fuck and a monsterous resource whore.

That said, I'll definitely stream in the week or so when I get my PC upgraded. Hopefully the game isn't dead and my team hasn't quit already by then, but I'd give that a 50/50 shot. We usually spend 2-4 weeks in a game like this before population dies or everyone becomes unfun mega guilds.

Here's the problem with this game for streaming besides the hardware issues: it's MEGA boring. I mean, REALLY REALLY boring. There are 1 hour spans of us just sailing or running around and nothing happening. Then there's 2-3 hours stints of us just repairing/gathering/building/crafting just to get a boat up and ready to go out and pillage. So you're looking at 1ish hour of good action/fun for viewers in a 8-hour span. Rough. It's better I just play it and capture it all and find you nerds the enjoyable 30 second snippets.

• 1Worf

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
So this goes out to Xevy (again) and anyone else in this thread. My group of a lot of OW players / old MMO friends is growing pretty rapidly and we have a solid place of land / base of operations / decent amount of ships. Definitely still looking for more high quality people to join up however. Would be happy to head out and invite people. Remember that the way the game spawns work, it's a 2 minute process to get you to a base anywhere on the map via respawning at freeport, guild inviting, and then respawning back at base.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, it's super easy to get new people to you and setup. One of the things ARK, and thus ATLAS, has done right.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Good day. We sank 8ish ships. Only two or three using cannons. :)

Had like 3 base defenses today. One was a kill squad, full plate, full firearm spec, blunderbuss, pistol, swords, fully dyed black armor showed up. We murder fucked them. Jokes on these boys, I have -116 skill points! I'm essentially a lvl 60 and fully combat specced! Nothing like hitting them until their armor breaks, then one-shotting them with a blunderbuss.

Second troop was the Company A from my previous post, now under Mega Guild's company. They showed up with a Schooner, blew up two of our sloops (one we had stolen anyways), before we boarded them and killed them. Then it was an epic sail off with them sealing themselves below, us murdering them over and over and trying to destroy their ship. It came down to us quick prepping a sloop we had 4/5 built, putting one cannon on it, and chasing them down WHILE 2 out of 4 of us stayed on their ship containing them to lower quarters. It was pretty rad. They sunk 2 of our sloops (one was a free stolen one) and we sunk a Schooner. Sloops take us like 30ish minutes to make. But then they kept yelling "HEY BROS YOU BETTER CHECK YOUR BASE!!!! TEE HEE HEE"

So we go back to our small base and there's a fucking Brig outside. Squared up with our walls. As soon as they see us enter the base they let loose. They fucking destroyed our shitty wooden gates and then came in. Then they negotiated with us (after we trapped one of their guys in our ONLY building LUL) and they said they didn't know that Company A had been attacking us every day. So they just let us go and we truced with them. We've already got our ships back.

Overall with the quick demolish salvage from ships now, we netted more materials blowing up ships than most of these PVE groups. I mean if we find a ship unmanned and blow it up it's thousands and thousands of wood/fiber/thatch from salvage.

We're still out here pirating, but pretty much everyone else is just PVE boat and fort building. Except that kill squad that showed up, but I'm pretty sure they took everything they owned with them and we took it all off their fancy dyed bodies.