Atlas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
They _really_ need offline protection / siege mechanics. I’m surprised to hear they don’t have anything in place already with all the experience they have with Ark.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, that's pretty much it. They need to basically limit claims to 1 per person, but let you CONTEST any claims you want to. They also need offline protection. Losing 100 hours of work because we went to sleep for 6 hours is super dumb. Had they come at us with weapons and shit for a 3 hour battle we lose? That'd be fine! That's playing the fucking game!

But having fucks plant a flag on our flag and then ZOOP, we lost everything instantly? No fucking thanks.

We're on plan B now. A million rafts and a million arrows will rain down on the weak and we will cull the herd.

Oldbased

> Than U
Wasn't expecting the lighthouse to be so damn massive. It's as tall/taller than those giant rock pillars all over. Looks cool lit up too. The diving stuff is pretty neat also. I didn't play with the horse and carriage stuff yet. In creative god mode its a bit buggy where you have to craft some things still, and I have to use giveresources which gives you only 50 per command BUT at least it gives the RIGHT resources as GFI wood/stone/flint/metal gives you the ARK version of the resources which are INVALID in this game. Harharhar.
At least fly ignores weight/stamina now and is much faster. About the speed of a raft in great winds.

I think some of this is why the delay on the dev kits but they did at least make the effort to make sure all items in game are different than ARKs and with the pirate style.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I want to get a private server going but steam seems to allow some people to grab the server stuff, and some are denied. My guess is it is only deployed on certain datacenters, and I'm in a flyover state.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No idea how it looks in those videos. Solo experience must be godawful. The lag and rubberbanding yesterday in the starting zone made it unplayable. No idea how it is now, but without big improvements it's not worth it without a good group of people.

With a dedicated community it is great though. All you need to get away from starting zone is an invite to a company and a suicide. Then it is great. Dying is part of it so far. Our island is getting hit by -66 Celsius cold waves every now and then. You can keep up on vitamins etc. but normally it's not worth it. You respawn and get your stuff back, because non company people are non existant on your island, except occasional raids.

We build a brigantine, a fortified base and an outpost. And as it looks we had a successful raid on another island and good pvp.

That's my experience so far.

v6.1

- Coldfront and Heatwave extremity reduced by 60%

PC Patch Notes - Client: v6.2 & Server: v6.2

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
they really fucked up the balance, they should have made it very fast and easy to make all but the biggest most powerful ships and let players, you know, actually have fun and do pirate shit

xzi

Mouthbreather
Watching some streamer in their big alliance on an island, they caught another company on the island trying to mine with like 3 or 4 people and they were trying to take off with their little boat. They pulled their Galleon around and cut them off and forced them to anchor. They spent a few minutes talking about their trade agreement with all cannons and rifles aimed at the little ship until eventually just agreed they should leave. & then they fucking unleashed all the cannons on them after like 10 minutes of talking.

Honestly I lold, kind of amazing. It was intense for a while and finally got to see people be some fuckin' pirates

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Watching some streamer in their big alliance on an island, they caught another company on the island trying to mine with like 3 or 4 people and they were trying to take off with their little boat. They pulled their Galleon around and cut them off and forced them to anchor. They spent a few minutes talking about their trade agreement with all cannons and rifles aimed at the little ship until eventually just agreed they should leave. & then they fucking unleashed all the cannons on them after like 10 minutes of talking.

Honestly I lold, kind of amazing. It was intense for a while and finally got to see people be some fuckin' pirates

I would like to see a lot more of that but it sounds like some of the changes discussed above really need to happen and I have no idea if the devs have any plans to balance the game out. The game is still getting panned pretty heavily but if they can make some important changes soon, they might be able to get some where with how fun some of these streams look.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Anyone found a simple written guide for setting up a server? I can't sit through 7 hours of videos.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
is this another cash grab like dark and light was? seems like wildcard/snail games are pooping these things out left and right.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Depends what you want out of it. I still haven't played it but from what I've watched and what my friends have told me, if you didn't enjoy Ark you won't enjoy this at all. I'm personally probably going to give it a few weeks if not months before giving it a go. I think the game has a ton of potential, especially now that people are beginning to hit SOME endgame. I know it's an MMO but seems intensely unforgiving if you want to sometimes just play solo, which occasionally I do want to do.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Once you level up a bit, it's a lot more forgiving to start up and go on another island with friends. You won't have a base, but you can build a ship and leave in an hour or two if there isn't other player interference. And it seems most people on these type of islands all just want to leave them so it's just a gather and craftathon if your ship gets destroyed and then back at it.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
So, we built a big ass boat lastnight hours and hours of farming. Log in this morning after the patch and they fixed the ghost ships and the ghost ships went around and sank everyone boat that had to sleep because well humans needs sleep! lol So our boat is gone after 5 hours of being offline! So fucking stupid! lol

• 1Repost

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, we built a big ass boat lastnight hours and hours of farming. Log in this morning after the patch and they fixed the ghost ships and the ghost ships went around and sank everyone boat that had to sleep because well humans needs sleep! lol So our boat is gone after 5 hours of being offline! So fucking stupid! lol

Yup this is basically why I won't touch this unless they do some kind of offline protection. Its like SB all over again it all boils down to asian region folks coming in and just wrecking shit while you sleep. I am to old to try to stay awake 24/7 to defend digital doo dads.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yup this is basically why I won't touch this unless they do some kind of offline protection. Its like SB all over again it all boils down to asian region folks coming in and just wrecking shit while you sleep. I am to old to try to stay awake 24/7 to defend digital doo dads.

get good

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used this do 4am city defense drills in shadow bane but even there they had at least window of vulnerability.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
gave me ptsd of when i was a teenager! lol

Outside of that, i mean i can stay up late nights, but at some point one has to sleep a bit! Im in my 40's and it gets rough now, its not so easy anymore! haha

• 1Like

Cybsled

You'd think by now that devs would understand that Shadowbane is a case study of how to lose your entire population in less than a month.

Massive time investment to build up something + minimal investment by someone else to undo all your hard work = people who lost the stuff end up quitting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You'd think by now that devs would understand that Shadowbane is a case study of how to lose your entire population in less than a month.

Massive time investment to build up something + minimal investment by someone else to undo all your hard work = people who lost the stuff end up quitting.

it really is silly, just make it super quick/easy to build your shit so people can get to the fun stuff and just pvp/pirate each other

the way it is just the giant zergs are gonna do any thing and they'll all get bored in a week or two. wife and I aren't gonna get it, no point