Atlas

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This game looks like shit, it’s visual presentation and aesthetic look horrible and the gameplay looks terribad. Every stream I watched had the player disconnected or crash with every 15 minutes or so, all two of them. Neither of them, the people they were playing with, or the people in chat had very much good to say about the game.

Though I did get a laugh out of a lion killing everyone on some beach. Brought back memories of North Ro.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Unofficial dedicated server info.

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

Tonight I was able to travel to another island. Kind of a trip solo, dropping my sails and diving into the ocean to find fish for food only to have difficulty finding my raft again due to rough seas. Ended up on another freeport, but now I can stock up on supplies and head out again.

Died of hunger on the way there so ended up kinda zerging the trip, but I had put a bed down on my raft and could just respawn there but without my belongings

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Starter zones are a mess, but if you get away from it, it runs smooth with no lag. We are setting up our island and getting ready to raid other islands.
its mad fun in a good company.

• 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Starter zones are a mess, but if you get away from it, it runs smooth with no lag. We are setting up our island and getting ready to raid other islands.
its mad fun in a good company.

So are you saying it isnt as bad as it looks in the "reality" game play videos?...

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
There's plenty bad about the launch, and currently takes a bit of effort to extract much good. If you can get away from the starter island and are playing with others I am not surprised those people are enjoying the game. It's your typical survivor fare at that point + ships / pirates / etc.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I don't think it is possible to "survive" at this point. Eating raises little vitamin bars but you also get full. I think if you are full you get nothing out of food you eat.

The vitamin bars drop faster than you can eat to raise them. I played a few hours this morning keeping my bars even and eating as often as I could and I eventually died of the scurvy aids plaguebola. I don't really know what I could have done differently.

I think most people just throw all their crap in a box and drown themselves to get rid of the screen going all pukey. I like to try to irongirl these things and never die if I can so I hope that system isn't final.

Maybe the idea is that you get better foods later? Not sure how you can survive to that point though.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Were you eating different types of food? As I understand it you get certain vitamins from different food so everyone dies eventually if they don't eat fish due to D deficiency I think it is?. I hadn't read anything about being full not letting you get the benefit of vitamins, that's shitty (pun intended). I didn't see anyone inevitably dying watching streamers that started from scratch during the pre-launch.

Definitely need to see about getting a box on my boat or something for my next zerg travel.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Ridas

Pay to play forum
So are you saying it isnt as bad as it looks in the "reality" game play videos?...
No idea how it looks in those videos. Solo experience must be godawful. The lag and rubberbanding yesterday in the starting zone made it unplayable. No idea how it is now, but without big improvements it's not worth it without a good group of people.

With a dedicated community it is great though. All you need to get away from starting zone is an invite to a company and a suicide. Then it is great. Dying is part of it so far. Our island is getting hit by -66 Celsius cold waves every now and then. You can keep up on vitamins etc. but normally it's not worth it. You respawn and get your stuff back, because non company people are non existant on your island, except occasional raids.

We build a brigantine, a fortified base and an outpost. And as it looks we had a successful raid on another island and good pvp.

That's my experience so far.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm putzing around solo and will build some little base on my carebare server at some point unless I end up getting into a group of some kinda. Outside of that I'll get my fix via Twitch of the larger scale stuff.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I had a big team of 7ish people. We built a house and a big stone fort on an island. Had full leather armor, guns, etc. I had full plate armor. We went to sleep. Some other fucks on the island broke down our door, claimed our land and killed us. Probably 100+ hours of manpower down in 1 hour because we were sleeping. Rough.

Now we're sailing our raft around the world and literally every island we've seen is covered 80% in claims. And the northern and southern most 3 grids are uninhabitable if you don't have a shelter/fires/clothes ready to go. The weather variation is ridiculous. Last night on our temperate island it dropped to -55 C. Everyone on the island died multiple times. Shelter/6 fires didn't stop the cold. Ridiculous.

It's fun, but they DEFINITELY need to tune shit. As a solo I think it's basically unplayable. It's 100% a team/guild game.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Xevy you're welcome to alliance up with my group of Overwatch people. We have a lot of free land on our island. I can give you the info.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think it is possible to "survive" at this point. Eating raises little vitamin bars but you also get full. I think if you are full you get nothing out of food you eat.

The vitamin bars drop faster than you can eat to raise them. I played a few hours this morning keeping my bars even and eating as often as I could and I eventually died of the scurvy aids plaguebola. I don't really know what I could have done differently.

I think most people just throw all their crap in a box and drown themselves to get rid of the screen going all pukey. I like to try to irongirl these things and never die if I can so I hope that system isn't final.

Maybe the idea is that you get better foods later? Not sure how you can survive to that point though.

I'm already lost that some moron dev thought that a mere hunger level wasn't good enough, no, we also need multiple nutrition quality levels!

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I have no problem surviving. Have you put any points into fortitude? There are also skills for better vitamin level management although I’m not using those (yet).

Edit: forgot to mention and I’m not sure everyone is aware but each food has a colored arrow on it that correlates with a vitamin level. Sorry if that is common knowledge but I didn’t notice it at first and it’s extremely important.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Xevy you're welcome to alliance up with my group of Overwatch people. We have a lot of free land on our island. I can give you the info.

Amazed_Chino.png

o o o oooverwatch people?

Oldbased

> Than U
Played around as admin tonight for some fun on my private server. Large ships are a insane resource investment piece by piece but there is multiple types of ammo for the cannons. I can already imagine many a butt hurt players who get ganked by massive teams or chinamen and lose a ship that took many tens of thousands of resources to make. When that starts happening, the forums they have will be the real game. Just like Fallout 76 haha