Atlas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The look of the animations leaves a lot to be desired, but the game seems like it would be fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm def playing. Lots of time in ARK and EVE. This seems to be a good mix of the two.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I want to see something more substantial before passing judgement, but I'm definitely intrigued. A fantasy-style EVE whose moment-to-moment gameplay isn't that of a Massively Multiplayer Spreadsheet Simulator certainly sounds awesome.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Really strange to announce a game with such a short release date and then immediately push it back. Maybe they should have just made sure that it was ready before announcing something that nobody was expecting?

• 1Like

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
very odd. Seems to me this will be pretty much unplayable at launch.

• 1Like

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Apparently it was announced back in June with the release date. So... not too last minute release date/announcement. Just no one ever apparently got the word until it appeared at the game awards.

The trailer at the game awards though is apparently the same one that was released (and only one released period) in June. That could mean nothing more to show since June, which could be good (mostly refined already) or bad (no progress since June)

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I was to hazard a guess they were doing a last minute run through on the public server and found their hosting provider to be not upto a level they wanted. Only thing that seems could be fixed in a week that would pop up a few days before a release.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Hmph June? Man I’m typically all over the MMO news (especially any involving sandbox PvP) and I’ve never heard of this or seen that video.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
From what I gather this video was leaked a few months back but it wasn’t officially announced until now. There is plenty of footage in the video I just linked that isn’t in the official release video so check it out if you’re interested.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Everything looked so clunky up until the musket ball being gently dropped into the pistol, lol.

I wonder which dev spent a week getting that animation juuuuust right... "Bro, have you seen my muzzle load animation!?"

Video below sync'd for your convenience.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Something strange about this game. No one seems to mention the 40,000 player servers or the 1200× bigger than Ark boasts by the devs. Whether to praise it with optimism or laugh skeptically (my camp) no one seems to talk about what would be a pretty massive leap forward for the genre. Is it because everyone just assumes it's B.S. anyway? The fact that they plan to release on Xbox certainly doesn't do my skepticism any favors. Hope i'm wrong though, game looks cool as fuck and i'll definitely give it a try.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Something strange about this game. No one seems to mention the 40,000 player servers or the 1200× bigger than Ark boasts by the devs. Whether to praise it with optimism or laugh skeptically (my camp) no one seems to talk about what would be a pretty massive leap forward for the genre. Is it because everyone just assumes it's B.S. anyway? The fact that they plan to release on Xbox certainly doesn't do my skepticism any favors. Hope i'm wrong though, game looks cool as fuck and i'll definitely give it a try.

You're going to start seeing more of this. Someone posted in another thread (pantheon?) about this Spacial OS company: SpatialOS by Improbable
They have a plugin for Unreal & Unity to have multiple servers host 1 seamless world.

But they're just selling server hosting and I'm fairly sure the tech isn't limited to them.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
You're going to start seeing more of this. Someone posted in another thread (pantheon?) about this Spacial OS company: SpatialOS by Improbable
They have a plugin for Unreal & Unity to have multiple servers host 1 seamless world.

But they're just selling server hosting and I'm fairly sure the tech isn't limited to them.

Ahh, interesting. I had heard about that but didn't realize that that's how it works.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
this...looks pretty fucking fun.

Is there anything about cost?

This seems like such a dark release.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Ark devs have a track record of being shitty, so don't go into this blind without expectations of getting burned. Let it simmer.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
this...looks pretty fucking fun.

Is there anything about cost?

This seems like such a dark release.
Based on what's popped up online, it sounds like it's going to be buy-to-play with a cosmetics cash shop. I believe they're also said that DLC- or expansion-style content will be free, to not fragment the playerbase.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Based on what's popped up online, it sounds like it's going to be buy-to-play with a cosmetics cash shop. I believe they're also said that DLC- or expansion-style content will be free, to not fragment the playerbase.

They started releasing paid DLC for a broken-ass early access game as well, which should tell you where they stand on keeping up on their commitments.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
They started releasing paid DLC for a broken-ass early access game as well, which should tell you where they stand on keeping up on their commitments.

I don't recall ARK being all that insane of a money drop though. I mean I understand the meaning of standing by your promises, I just wonder if this 30 dollar game is going to really be a cash dump like WoW.