Atlas

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
my theory about yday, they were gonna release it buggy and see what happens (try to snipe a bunch of orders) but when they realized they were releasing with 200k twitch viewers they said "uhh guys this might not work out very good for us"

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wait what? I didn't look into this game at all because I figured it was 4 years out but it's actually playable very soon?

I just wanna go whalin'

Oldbased

> Than U
Wait what? I didn't look into this game at all because I figured it was 4 years out but it's actually playable very soon?

I just wanna go whalin'
Welcome to Wildcard.
Where even Ark only appeared a month or so before release and here we are with Atlas out of nowhere.
Server admins will stay up days to update servers due to missed deadlines hour by hour by hour and the chinamen will run rampart.
Private server owners/players however will have amazing mods and maps and endless worth due to updated code over the years and newer engine version being used.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh, I ain't necessarily against it... but seeing WW2 era fighter planes and tanks in your Pirate game was a pretty big WTF. Where are they going with this?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it's made by the people that made Ark, I can't wait to see what ugly ass UI they come up with for this game.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Uh, I ain't necessarily against it... but seeing WW2 era fighter planes and tanks in your Pirate game was a pretty big WTF. Where are they going with this?

Pretty sure that was just showing community mod potential.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
a friend of mine followed the ark mod "castles and keeps" or some such. the developer said that the same tools he made for ark should translate into atlas. So i bet the mod developers will hit the ground running faster.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Welcome to Wildcard.
Where even Ark only appeared a month or so before release and here we are with Atlas out of nowhere.
Server admins will stay up days to update servers due to missed deadlines hour by hour by hour and the chinamen will run rampart.
Private server owners/players however will have amazing mods and maps and endless worth due to updated code over the years and newer engine version being used.

Yeah, only bit of ark I ever played was during a week that it was free. I really liked it but ultimately didn't buy it because my computer at the time couldn't run it at more than like 30fps and fuck all that stupid shit.

I really enjoyed the modded server I played on though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Each "speck" is a land mass. The map is just that big. The map IS a globe so you go off one side you appear on the other.
So, a torus then.

(square maps that wrap around at the edges become a torus in 3D, not a sphere. L2Math)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So, a torus then.

(square maps that wrap around at the edges become a torus in 3D, not a sphere. L2Math)

wrong torcuck, it's a flat square with a protective barrier above and warp portal boundaries (to flow to other side when in transit) on the edges.

torcuck confirmed worse than spherecucks

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
When does this ACTUALLY come out to play for normies? I know streamers can play it tonight at like 9pm PST or EST or some shit. Then early access comes out tomorrow same time for normies?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
jebaited.png

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
The feeling you have when you’ve successfully built your first raft and set sail is unmatched. It’s difficult for me to convey the excitement I feel when playing, whether you’re sailing alongside your friends, fighting a fucking hydra, or just discovering new uncharted lands.

Honestly, this is exactly what I want out of excited devs lol. I love that he just occasionally drops fucks in there. Hopefully they get their shit together, I wasn't really excited for this but I really do want to hunt giant seamonsters with bros