Atlas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
We were in N12 - sSs - northern island with chronic haze guys and scrub kingz. Federation owned the big island.

Ooh RIP. Think that's the island that was given to the Dwarves. When Burke and Cream rolled up you guys were being capped and raided by the Chinese, or whoever "no no no" is.

Xevy

Log Wizard
"NONONO" is some mega zerg ARK guild that came over and thinks they're hot shit. From what I saw they mostly target streamers. They also have a bunch of chinese guys. MoonMoon fought them and was like "oh, they're chinese" and one of them, american sounding, was like "NO WE'RE NOT, DUMBASS" and Moon replied "YOUR GUY IS SCREAMING CHINESE AT US" and he responded "Well, because we have SOME Chinese we're a chinese guild? YOU'RE SO DUMB".

So yeah, kind of a Chinese guild. I don't know why you'd have any with you, especially if they don't speak English.

Edit: we actually don't want more people for a lot of reasons.
A: we use Sloops for basically everything and 4 people on a sloop is crowded as fuck as it is
B: if we just have peons constantly crafting/building we just become like the bloated PVE nerds we hate
C: organization on larger scales is so fucking rough. Especially if you're at a multi ship sea battle and your other captains don't know how to control the wind

Basically we're happy with the 4ish people we have. It'd be nice to have a crafter grunt, but that means the game isn't going to be fun for that person. Also our base island only has wood/stone/gems so crafting is limited.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well they got the message. Our base was left untouched overnight and all day. They retreated to their grid knowing what we're capable of if they crossed us more. Meanwhile the Chinese came in last night destroyed our zones mega guild. EVERY ship destroyed. 2 galleons, several brigs, countless schooners. That's the price of being too big. You become a target.

Meanwhile our 1/2 built Schooner decoy and single sloop and half built sloop are fine. The best part is because the mega guild got wiped all their allies are basically defenseless and the 4 of us can basically do whatever we want wherever we want in the zone. We're currently sinking any Chinese ships we see as well as anyone who has ever attacked us.

They all want to play a pirate game, but they were never ready for pirates. Now they'll learn the hard way.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I built a house on mars
20190105205100_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Apologies for volume shit on these clips. Just rebuilt my PC and none of my OBS settings were saved so everything's fucked up.

So we sank some ships, some bitch bois cried to their alliance pals, who then got all "WE'RE GONNA WRECK THEM!" So they sailed their gunship Schooner over and 2-4 more sloops and a few rafts of armed guys. It didn't go so well:

We wrecked them. Every single ship. 4 of us held off 40 people, we lost nothing but a few beds. They lost a schooner, 3 or 4 sloops, something like 6 carbines, 10+ pistols, few sets of plate, A FUCKING MORTAR CANNON AND MORTARS THEY HAD ON THEIR BOAT FOR SOME REASON, not to count all the salvage. The best was they were talking all high and mighty for 45+ minutes about bringing their brig over and attacking. They couldn't because we sent one guy over with kegs and BLEW IT UP AT THEIR BASE WHILE THEY WERE THREATENING US. It was glorious.

So then they decided to try and make peace under the guise of allowing us to live. Meanwhile we're still destroying every ship they have WHILE I'm negotiating:

I say we'll leave them alone if they leave us alone and we'll ally with them and only TWO Companies of their choosing. We don't want some 9 way alliance PVE carebear bullshit. We need raid targets. They agree. Then servers go down. When they come back the guy just says "Okay so we're good? We'll call our ships off." (they literally had 0 we killed them all) I tell him sure, and he just runs off without making the alliance. So I'm sure they'll raid our base while we're sleeping, but we'll just hit them harder when we recoup. I could HEAR them through his discord SCREAMING. They were spamming the zone all night too. Fucking 4 of us vs 5+ companies with 5+ people each. Get the FUCK off the PVP servers.

Our greatest enemy tonight was: "Large Thatch Ceiling"

It was pretty funny we noticed afterwards the whole thing was demolishable. Woops. It's fine, we ended up running on foot and blowing up a schooner and two sloops which started the whole aforementioned war.

I was going to call it early tonight and play Overwatch and we ended up killing something like 8+ boats in a span of 90ish minutes. A brig, 2 schooners, and I don't know how many sloops. 4 or 5. Fucking great night. Base defense is too easy. We don't even have NPC's on Cannons or bullshit like that. We just wrecked their ships and then let them in our empty base to starve to death with no beds to respawn at. Meanwhile we're just scrapping their shit that sinks over and over for a billion resource.

War is majorly profitable. I love it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My friend's custom server blew up and he was asleep. I actually slept some!

So people that know, I have a question about shallow water. I know in a sloop it slows you down a bit. Like we have this desert island with salt crystals on it and I can sail down the river there.

For a schooner, I was sailing into freeport to hire a big ass crew, going 10% with one sail to creep up to park by a raft, when it was like a giant pro wrestler grabbed the boat for a big body slam and threw it about.
20190106173502_1.jpg

Is it supposed to do that? I was going like maybe 1mph. I was expecting if I ran into shallow ground a slight groan or scraping sound and a stop. This was like BOOM BOOM BOOM bodyslam piledriver ddt!

So is legendary better than mythical? I dug up some sweet ass loot yesterday. I shall miss thee fire arrows.
20190108185457_1.jpg

Have people been using monkeys in pvp? I learned about the poop throw snare a couple days ago and I've had one on my shoulder since. That is like having your own pocket druid to snare for you.

The tattoos are amazing in this game. Did ark have that? Hoping people make some better underwear with the modkit so I can actually see some of the chest and back stuff I did.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I sat here crying for a minute or two when I saw this live on a stream, lol.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone got a decent company on Kraken? Been messing around but can't find a decent group to run with. Active late night and some weekends.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
where you based out of ? I am part of a nice little empire around the k2-k5 regions.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

B_Mizzle

where you based out of ? I am part of a nice little empire around the k2-k5 regions.

Been working around b6 but I'm willing to travel I've got 0 roots right now. Logged on to no bed, house destroyed and all that.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So I've lost a sloop and a brig in the past few days with just the "sunk" message with no "sunk by". The crew was all swimming at the sink spot, dinghy intact etc. The log files are totally empty.

I am of course on a private server with 2 friends so it isn't some kind of raft asshattery. I had read somewhere that rain barrels can sink boats so I didn't have one on either boat, so it wasn't that. Any ideas?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Possible an animal aggro'd and took your ship down over like 2-3 hours. Usually it's a bad idea to sleep on a boat/inside a structure because predators detect the sleeping person then wreck anything in the way to get to them. We've lost several storage boxes because of dumb dumbs sleeping inside our base. Only other thing I can think of is your boat had low hp (for sloops I think it's 1600/4200 for small wood planks) and it starts taking on water. It doesn't give you the "leaking" message, but if you go to the plank you can see water trickling in.

Other than that no idea. Water spout? Whale? Not-anchored and a Ghost ship? If it just "sunk" then it means it was damaged enough to sink so I'm guessing it was a predator trying to eat a sleeping person.

B_Mizzle

Possible an animal aggro'd and took your ship down over like 2-3 hours. Usually it's a bad idea to sleep on a boat/inside a structure because predators detect the sleeping person then wreck anything in the way to get to them. We've lost several storage boxes because of dumb dumbs sleeping inside our base. Only other thing I can think of is your boat had low hp (for sloops I think it's 1600/4200 for small wood planks) and it starts taking on water. It doesn't give you the "leaking" message, but if you go to the plank you can see water trickling in.

Other than that no idea. Water spout? Whale? Not-anchored and a Ghost ship? If it just "sunk" then it means it was damaged enough to sink so I'm guessing it was a predator trying to eat a sleeping person.

I thought stone was immune to animals? Where do you advise people to sleep?