Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Untitled.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I like how the bigger story of how they ended up here is teased out in the recordings you find all over the place.... just like it was in BioShock. A buddy of mine thought this was just Russian Quake and knowing he's a huge BioShock fan I threatened him with bodily harm if he didn't at least play the intro. He's far further in the game than I am and happy as a clam. They really whiffed on marketing this. Broad exposure but people getting the wrong idea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

my pc can barely handle this. it looks and plays like shit. haha. (not a crit on the game, just my pc being old/weak.)

Its always fun to get alt perspectives like this. A literal mirror to Bioshock's capitalism with communism. social credit, etc. haha. Its hard to tell how sincere versus tongue in cheek it can be at times. you can't make a parody like this, without loving the subject. Perhaps its just the visuals and ideas though. I suppose thats fair, you can love ideals, and an idea, but understand reality falls short. the IDEA of a communist utopia is great, hence the psuedo communism of Startrek. But we all know it doesn't match the reality of human nature. so its a fun what if it did. the social credit score, etc though do show it to be parody intentionally.

I do agree the PC's voice and dialogue throws me off. weird modernish american cowboy personality and accent. I would have expected Russian, or Eastern Euro accents. I can get the American VA. Them thinking it would mean broader american appeal. But not the personality. (not done yet, I suppose he could be brainwashed American soldier. would explain some stuff.)

Overall the game is certainly far far far better then I expected. (I mean from prerelease. reviews, and positive word of mouth, are spot on.)

Last edited:

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Main character is insufferable. Switched audio to Russian to avoid hearing his incessant bellyaching. Otherwise, decent fun, no real complaints.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The main character is so bad that it actually makes the main character of Forspoken seem less awful by comparison.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
forspoken is way worse, this character is just really stupid and doesn't seem to really care about anything like a SNL skit. Forspoken's character was snark and cynicism dialed to 11. Also the glove in this game is snooty and know-it-all but not really a huge asshole, while forspoken's talisman was just a giant prick. the vending machine though is definitely worse than forspoken, although honestly its funny how ludicrously over the top it is (and past the first few interactions its about 80% just normal vendor NPC)

this game sucks though if you love playing stealth mode, while you can mostly stealth through the first part of the game once you go out into the open world its pretty much impossible since repair drones fix anything you kill so you can't really "clear" open areas. I guess later on you figure out how to do that or something, but easiest way to play the game is run, gun, skip trash enemies.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's a good game but it gets tiresome and I can totally understand the divisive scores. If you can't look past the many glaring flaws, you're gonna have a bad time.

Caliane

oh, and the stupid detective vision shit is a bane on all games. feels like metroid is the only one to do that shit right.

should be tap it once here, and leave perm highlight of lootable objects till looted. spending WAY too much of the game with that stupid shit up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
i was wondering the crispy thing too

got further in, game is still janky as fuck but once you unlock some powers (ice esp) and upgrade the shotgun its quite a bit easier. having fun, story is cool but its hilarious how unpolished the game feels sometimes

i'm actually playing on PC because load times are crazy faster than compared to series X, its the first time in a few years now i've noticed really the difference between pc/console. Nice thing is its cross save (gamepass version) so I can jump back and forth seamlessly.

still, i can see the game starting to lose its charm and i'll probably just rush the campaign and finish at some point
There's a bunch of e-mails at the end and some audio logs describing Crispy Critters and where it originated from.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Game has some serious bugs. There was one section I had to repeat 4 times due to various errors: crash, stuck on geometry, trapped in never-ending elevator. There are also plot elements where it seems as if the protagonist is just not paying any attention to what little dialogue they actually engage in.

Caliane

we have any russian speakers here? I think so right? I've heard the translation is questionable at times. might be why sometimes the PC doesn't really respond to things that were said logically.

no crashes for me. But, yes 100% situations where I was stuck on geometry. its always a danger. save often..

the outside world areas are also kindof annoying. the constant fast respawn of robots. ugh.. That shit should be toned down.
I outright had to take a break and go back to pillars 2 for a bit, due to that.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The setting and graphics are great, writing pretty good and often genuinely funny or interesting, entertaining just running around. But holy shit the game generally feels very outdated and uninspired otherwise.

Manual saves that mean you might have to mindlessly loot a bunch of junk again. Very linear, so far, but read it's not better when it opens up some. Stand around listening to audio clips and reading computer emails. Hold the button for slomo super vision (that also shows shit in areas you can't reach). Combat is meh so far.

I dunno, I just want something better, but maybe I don't even know what because this is just how these games are, right? But that's the problem I guess, just same old shit. GF was watching and I was complaining about these things and said how is it different than Fallout ... And that's true, but Fallout 4 was almost 10 years ago and already wearing thin. Even then, you didn't just mass loot via vacuum so loot felt more important than in this game where I'm not even paying attention to looted items.

I think instead of generic combat there was an opportunity to make it more fun and/or funny. Who cares how hard it is, they should have just made combat entertaining with glove abilities that made robots die in entertaining ways. Maybe it gets more interesting later, but first few hours is just very archaic feeling.

Lots of 1s and 10s to average out to a very confusing mediocre 5 of a game.