Atomic Heart

spronk

FPS noob
i saw an hour or two on stream (lirik, i think he's still playing) this morning and it seemed ok. Reminded me a little of Borderlands 3 in how the NPCs won't shut the fuck up and have shitty zoomer humor, and I saw a lot of clipping minor bugs but nothing crazy. Combat doesn't seem crazy fun though, just stuff flying all over the screen.

visually looks gorgeous though, might install on PC and series X just to see the diff between a console and a 3080ti.

this is the fridge horny vendor, i think its kinda funny but the people giving this 2/10 scores think its misogynistic, blah blah blah blah

www.tiktok.com/@garythelians/video/7201522280621509934

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Reviews read to me like "well if you really want a Bioshock clone, this is good, otherwise, skip it."

But watching streams of this it looks fucking amazing. Gaming has come really far if you can say this is a mediocre game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
"If you really want to play a FPS that's like one of the best FPS's ever, then I guess you'll like it"

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Identifying as a trans-kiwi does work if anyone wants to check if out early on Xbox.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
20230221194117_1.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have a new consumer principle that my wife and I have been following. If it pisses off the right people, we buy it. So far, it has been working great. My wife is enjoying Hogwarts Legacy and I am digging this game so far. The SJW crowd is so far up their own asses that literally all you need to do is assume the opposite of what they say is true to get a good idea of how a piece of entertainment media really is.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the main real complaint about this game is the absolutely horrific amount of backtracking.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
put in about 2 hours and REALLY enjoying the game, if you liked bioshock i don't think there is any way you won't like this game

don't buy it though, just pay $1 for a month of gamepass if you dont have it (SHAME!) and play it that way, if it gets shitty a few hours in i won't care and can just abandon ship. but so far its a lot better than the shitty reviewers made it feel like

zero bugs so far, but i don't really love the combat. i dropped down to easy, load times are REALLY slow on series X so dying/reloading isn't fun at all. its cross save i believe so i'm gonna continue on PC and see if its better or worse

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've only played part of the intro, but damn it's a nice looking game.

1676996371878.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I have a new consumer principle that my wife and I have been following. If it pisses off the right people, we buy it. So far, it has been working great. My wife is enjoying Hogwarts Legacy and I am digging this game so far. The SJW crowd is so far up their own asses that literally all you need to do is assume the opposite of what they say is true to get a good idea of how a piece of entertainment media really is.
Dammit. Now I have to put ANOTHER game on my steam wishlist. I hate you.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Biggest complaint from me so far is all the damn banter with my talking glove.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
if you are playing on xbox i hope you have unlimited bandwidth, everyone has to redownload the full game to get the 1.0.1.0 patch and since its gamepass you cant play offline (ie skip the patch)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ummm. So I played this AM on Xbox GamePass and abilities were active only so long as I held the left bumper in. As soon as I let up the ability would start to recharge back to full.

Just now I logged in and there had been an update and when I hit LB it uses the ability and continues until it's 'spent'.

Anyone else see this?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Watching MoonMoon play it and first couple hours are pretty meh it seems, but it gets better after that. The soundtrack is amazing though. Goes from Fallout to Doom Eternal to Megaman to Red Alert nonstop.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It definitely has a Bioshock feel. The controls and FOV aren't nearly as fluid nor are the abilities as nice as the Bioshock ones, but the setting certainly evokes that same general flavor.

• 1Like