Auto Chess

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's on mobile now. I've played 6 games on my ipad, and it's pretty great so far. It's diverged from the dota version a decent amount

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yo, I tried this shit yesterday. 1st time ever playing Auto Chess.
Very addicting.

The mobile game seems well done, and easy to play on a tablet. So I'll be diving into this a lot more. I was looking for a new tablet game to play.

Only downside is that games take minimum 30mins, in my experience.

I think i played about 6 or 7 games and won 3 or 4 of them. My 1st game was a normal then I switched to ranked and started with 2 wins lol.
I have no idea what the best strategies, synergies, or anything are right now.

I do dislike that the mobile game is based in China. You can tell the language is just off and it feels more asian than american.
But I'm going to use this as practice until Riot releases theirs, and hopefully they or Valve port their version of Auto Chess to mobile too.

Also, I tried creating a Dragonest username and was never sent the verification code, so I had to login via FB, which I despise. I couldn't find a way to create a Dragonest login through the web, maybe I need to know chinese. Anyways, that shit turned me off immediately. I hate using FB as a login.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The aesthetics of Dota turn me off, which is why i never played it before.
Will stick to this mobile game and probably move to LoL's.
But if LoL doesn't put theirs on mobile I'll probably stick with Drodo's.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Tried the mod last night it is clunky as fuck.

I restart the client after every game, which somehow causes me to always find games on the first or second attempt.

What other issues do you have with the game being clunky?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I restart the client after every game, which somehow causes me to always find games on the first or second attempt.

What other issues do you have with the game being clunky?

Clunky as in un responsive when trying to move units, does not always auto combine for some reason, and giving items to your dudes only seems to work some of the time.

I’m sure it is because I don’t use/know the hotbuttons and there is a time crunch. This could be solved by spending more time but the mobile version plays better.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Valve truly dropped the ball here...They could have cornered this if they were a little more agile.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Add me, name is Drakonin

Pretty sure I have the mobile version figured out. Get whatever 2/3 star tank you can early and save cash, go for evasion 3 crit 6, win. Goblin/mech early game is crazy strong, add knights and a few assasins.

Other success has been with scouts, the dwarf ability with a bunch of archer types is beefy. You plink full map, just need a good tank or three adjust placement to rear if they go assassin type.

Mage/human can work if you can get “the source” early.

Demons is the hardest to get going and seems to perform horribly overall. Oh and elementals are strong early but get quickly out matched later, unless you get siren and lean into the CC, even then why stun when you can crit for 1400.

Going to give dragons a go now.

C27E7052-EAFE-4D24-A540-FCCB50DC1A66.png
704ADBB2-07C7-4624-AEB4-9330C89F79C7.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Add me, name is Drakonin

Pretty sure I have the mobile version figured out. Get whatever 2/3 star tank you can early and save cash, go for evasion 3 crit 6, win. Goblin/mech early game is crazy strong, add knights and a few assasins.

Other success has been with scouts, the dwarf ability with a bunch of archer types is beefy. You plink full map, just need a good tank or three adjust placement to rear if they go assassin type.

Demons is the hardest to get going and seems to perform horribly overall. Oh and elementals are strong early but get quickly out matched later, unless you get siren and lean into the CC, even then why stun when you can crit for 1400.

View attachment 211372View attachment 211373
I'm at Knight 5 atm and noticed a huge skill swing since Knight 1...
Have been in games over 40 rounds and 8th place sticking around till mid-30s.
I haven't tried a crit build, seems like warrior/ druid/ feather builds end up strongest but I'm still figuring it out.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Valve truly dropped the ball here...They could have cornered this if they were a little more agile.
So Valve's version (DoTA Underlords) is out for beta if you have the DoTA Battle Pass, though I believe just for PC atm. It's going to be open beta this coming week I believe, and is supposed to include cross play with pc/ios/android. It's very similar, though the ui isn't as good imo. Some different units, some things do different things. Most of the complaints (including mine) aren't about the game itself, but more about ui type things

The Auto Chess version (this one) is going to have a PC client coming to the Epic Store (lol) that is also supposed to include cross play I believe, so I'd imagine it uses all the mobile stuff and not the mod stuff.

The LoL version is initially just PC I believe, though beta also this coming week? DoTA Auto Chess players that got to test it a week or two ago have been more critical of it than any of the others. Generally unhappy with the smaller board size it offers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Which game are you guys playing? There's several versions some of which are only in beta. Link please!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Which game are you guys playing? There's several versions some of which are only in beta. Link please!

The Dragonest one on iPad. I generally hate mobile games but this is pretty fun.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
^
It's really well developed imo.
My (oldish) android tablet chugs sometimes but it's mainly the tablet fault. My galaxy phone handles it np.
I may need to setup an iPad if I want smoother play on tablet.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Add me, name is Drakonin

View attachment 211372View attachment 211373

Dragons are probably the single strongest race. Only 3 and each individually is good for their tier. The only real downside is competition - others know this and try to get them, plus any mage or ass or knight player wants their dragon because each is strong, plus human and elf tend to be popular...

Demon doesn't really work as a base strategy (get the 2 guys to unlock and then stack all demons). Its really slow to bring online, then it shines, then the nifty 50% damage feels mediocre compared to people who eventually get their own race and/or class combo bonuses flying. Instead, any demon comp should just be a splash of them + something else, for example trolls to multiply their attack bonuses or warlocks + undead beat almost any non-ae-control setup.

What I found on dota2 most of all though, once you reach a certain point everyone knows what to do, so just adapting into some bad/suboptimal combo can win because too many others are all competing for luna and dragon knight and shadow fiend.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dragons are probably the single strongest race. Only 3 and each individually is good for their tier. The only real downside is competition - others know this and try to get them, plus any mage or ass or knight player wants their dragon because each is strong, plus human and elf tend to be popular...

Demon doesn't really work as a base strategy (get the 2 guys to unlock and then stack all demons). Its really slow to bring online, then it shines, then the nifty 50% damage feels mediocre compared to people who eventually get their own race and/or class combo bonuses flying. Instead, any demon comp should just be a splash of them + something else, for example trolls to multiply their attack bonuses or warlocks + undead beat almost any non-ae-control setup.

What I found on dota2 most of all though, once you reach a certain point everyone knows what to do, so just adapting into some bad/suboptimal combo can win because too many others are all competing for luna and dragon knight and shadow fiend.

Yeah after messing around some more I found that item drops+lucky=win. Sadly there is no way to win when your board and bench is filled with two stars and you use all your money rerolling only to get nothing you already have. This has happened more than once with multiple different combination.
IMG_0108.PNG

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The only real downside is competition - others know this and try to get them, plus any mage or ass or knight player wants their dragon because each is strong, plus human and elf tend to be popular...
Do picks come from a common pool or is everyone just getting 100% random picks without taking into consideration other players picks?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There's a common pool, but I dont know the details of it.. like how many copies of each unit there are. And I'm not sure what selling units does... if it puts them back into common pool or not. I'd assume it'd have to or else you could buy/sell every round to grief units... but idk exactly how it works.

Econ is the way to win games but even that isnt guaranteed. Seems like I can get top 3-4 easily, and sitting pretty, then all a sudden I get smashed out of nowhere. I check the players builds at the end and try to mimic them in future games, and get smashed... so I must be missing something lol. I know you can build to counter your opponents but once you go down a path it seems hard to deviate.