Tsar Bomba

Trakanon Raider
isn't 3D, even in theaters, still gimping rez/colors? iirc all 3d formats essentially required you to halve the resolution so a 4k movie is really 2k and you have to fuck around with the colors to make it look right. Wonder if it would even work well (at all?) with HDR.

From like 2 years ago articles say Cameron plans on Avatar 2 to be filmed in a special way that outputs in glasses free 3D, if its true thats kinda interesting... i guess?
As of 4 years ago everything was in 2K in a Windows Media Codec. I've got a projectionist friend I can ask to see if anything is 4K now... but that would mean upgrading all the digital projectors in a theater and that's not cheap.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
3D in the theater is nothing more than 1080p twice. One 1080p image shows left eye, one shows right. We perceive it due to the filiiter in the lenses. Or the "flicker" glasses that are in most 3D tv's.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
High frame rate better not have motion interpolation like The Hobbit did, totally killed the experience.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
High frame rate better not have motion interpolation like The Hobbit did, totally killed the experience.

It's almost unbelievable they filmed it, watched it like that, and then released it.

The movie was awful, and then the 48fps was just so much more awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
da fuq there are 4 more of them lol

will Mark Wahlberg play Sully Sullivan??? cool i'm back in

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Won't flop, but won't set box office records. Pretty CGI and made some blue painted titties.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If Avatar 2 releases in 2023, we can expect Avatar 4 in 2051. Half the members of this forum will probably be dead.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
da fuq there are 4 more of them lol

will Mark Wahlberg play Sully Sullivan??? cool i'm back in
they been teasing that many sequels since the release of the first Avatard. 13 years later and so far one has yet to be released.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Avatar 2 releases in 2023, we can expect Avatar 4 in 2051. Half the members of this forum will probably be dead.
iu

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob

i think they are filming all of them back to back

looking on news feed it seems to say all 4 avatar films wrapped principal photography back in 2020.... what the fuck is going on lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think they are filming all of them back to back

looking on news feed it seems to say all 4 avatar films wrapped principal photography back in 2020.... what the fuck is going on lol
in that time Kevin Feige produced 20 MCU blockbuster films. i guess Cameron is taking his time.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
For that matter, so will Cameron. Going to burn away his golden years making the Dances with Space-Cats cinematic universe.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here's the clip they showed during the Doctor Strange trailers. The 3D in our theater wasn't working (I guess they didn't press the 3D Button), and a dude sitting next to me asked if it was just his glasses or mine as well. That's why the screen jumps for a second.

• 2Like