Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Avatar was the best 3d movie I've ever seen.

giphy.gif

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In his defense how many of us actually saw Dredd in the theater?
I didn't even know Dredd was originally in 3D, as I stopped going to theaters long before it came out. I guess that makes a little more sense, as to why people rave about the movie. I watched it for the first time, 8 or so months ago, and thought it was good enough, but nowhere near my top 10 for movies.

Caliane

sadly, I actively chose to watch the non-3d version of Dredd, because a string of terrible forced 3d movies had been in theaters previously. including Coraline. I had given up on that shit, and was actively avoiding it. yeah, took like 3 minutes into the movie and that first slo-mo scene to think... fuuuuuck I wish we went to the 3d version. that said, Dredd is a dark movie in the first place, who knows how good it would have looked with even less light and color from the 3d seperation.

Caliane

The trailer.. poster, etc. They are marketing this as if anyone gives any shit about these characters etc. its like they massively overestimate the public demand, awareness, and fanbase.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

They waited too long. I see a few main factors that might help them

1) That Disney area (Animal Kingdom) I think that is Pandora based might get some kids interested…maybe

2) People remember it actually did 3D really well and that alone was fun to experience, so people will actually go to the theater to watch this

3) Furries - enough said

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
The words aggressive and indifference don't really make sense together, but I can't think of a better way to describe my reaction to this than aggressive indifference.

I liked the first one well enough but I have no need to see any more of these people.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How heavy handed is the climate change message going to be?

Are we still worried about the world exploding this far into the future?

Cybsled

They plan to milk this out for another couple movies, so unless they delve into prequel territory, they presumably have a story arc planned

I am guessing they will at some point

a) address the world tree can make you functionally immortal so long as you have a vessel to transfer your mind into. To the mega corps, that alone would be worth far more than unobtanium. I suspect that will be a focal plot point once they realize Sully -is- his avatar now

b) the poor shlubs stuck on Earth. I think at some point the plot of one of the films will pivot on how to save the humans on Earth, if not the Earth itself. I expect some FF7 ending where they are all “technology bad, living in huts is good!”

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I look forward to watching primitives successfully fight a bunch of space marines again...

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
a) address the world tree can make you functionally immortal so long as you have a vessel to transfer your mind into. To the mega corps, that alone would be worth far more than unobtanium. I suspect that will be a focal plot point once they realize Sully -is- his avatar now
This is gonna be a shitty altered carbon remake if thats the road the go down.

spronk

FPS noob
How heavy handed is the climate change message going to be?

Are we still worried about the world exploding this far into the future?

she be on every page of this thread

0Tve9qW.jpeg

what are the odds this movie is gonna be 95% critics, 45% audience on RT

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dont get these movies. I didn't think the 1st one was great (was alright) and this looks awful to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user