CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This popped up for me today and was a good watch. James Cameron really is a legend and Avatar is probably his weakest movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Pretty sure those are their kids

Its their damn kids lol. Cheong must have been cucked pretty good in his life if that's where his head went to haha
Definitely internet brain. too much degeneracy on the internet. Also, DOTA and its elf poly pods.

Juvarisx

Florida
This is getting an actual China release.

Yessir it is, on the same day as the US release too

"The long awaited James Cameron sequel to the highest grossing movie of all-time hit tracking this morning with a projected opening of at least $150M. Tracking has it higher near $175M, but rivals are bullish at $200M."

"Everyone is going nuts over Avatar: The Way of Water forecasts because the unaided awareness (that indicator which measures those polled mentioning their want-to-see of the title without being prompted in a poll) is in the high 30s to 40s across all demos including Latino and Hispanic and Black. These are powerful figures which any studio would die for."

This thing is going to be a monster, with the runtime being what it is there is less showings in IMAX which also means week to week drops will be lower as people will be more patient to see it properly. I am going to treat it more of a roller coaster in that I know the story will not be inspired but it will sure be pretty with the best 3D can offer.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am one of those that will wait a bit before going to a 3D IMAX to watch it. Avatar was the last 3D movie I watched. I do regret not having watched Dredd in 3D.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The story was so Pocahontas-generic, and they even named the mineral UNOBTAINIUM, like something some bored kid came up with as a placeholder.
Had to go and actually double check, came from a movie 6 years prior for the first reference in Sci-Fi (The Core) but its been used in science since the late 1950's apparently to represent something that doesn't exist or would be impossible with current material/technology.

Caliane

The problem is "unobtainium" is used for a hypothetical fictional material to solve an engineering problem. In the context of this movie its not hypothetical. it exists. they have samples of it. They would have an actual real name for it.

Its the Magic paradox. Magic wouldn't ever actually be called Magic in world it existed in. It'd be Mana, the source, the force, or some other shit. they would have an actual NAME for this specific energy or system, in the same way we have electricity, or chemistry, or physics. but Magic stops being Magic the second its an actual observable and replicable phenomenon. the second that happens, its a natural science.

While it is certainly true, we don't always name things in the most competent or expected of ways. "unobtainium" being a nickname, that became its official name is certainly possible. we are back to, "that sounds retarded". They should have just used some persons name, and said "named after the person that discovered it. "Jonesium. named after Doctor Randall Jones."

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie is going to have a huge opening. I rent out or buy multiple rows for MCU films ect and this is going to be a pain in the ass

Oldbased

> Than U
Did Cyb really list furries as a pro?
Motherfucker

Also, remember when there was going to be 10 Avatar movies but we got 10 movies saying family instead?

Szlia

It feels like the first movie got released at a time the industry tried (again) to have 3D be thing, so people went to see Avatar with the idea that if 3D is ever to be a thing that was the movie to see. Years later, 3D is no longer a thing so.... who cares ? I sure don't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

It feels like the first movie got released at a time the industry tried (again) to have 3D be thing, so people went to see Avatar with the idea that if 3D is ever to be a thing that was the movie to see. Years later, 3D is no longer a thing so.... who cares ? I sure don't.
I have family and friends all going to see it just because of how visually impressive it was. Most all hate the story of the original

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I have family and friends all going to see it just because of how visually impressive it was. Most all hate the story of the original
Doesnt make sense for this one. Not gonna be a huge difference between the two in terms of 3D and the story is only certainly going to be much worse than the first.

Homsar

Doesnt make sense for this one. Not gonna be a huge difference between the two in terms of 3D and the story is only certainly going to be much worse than the first.
I don't see how they can top the 3d from the first film much but I will go. I went and watched the original again at the theatre and it's just beautiful.

You get sucked into the world and don't care about the story. Best way to describe it

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This movie is going to have a huge opening. I rent out or buy multiple rows for MCU films ect and this is going to be a pain in the ass
Almost no professional forecaster thinks it will have an opening bigger than DS2 or BP2, btw.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is going to be an interesting one. it needs two billion at the box office just to pay for itself. who let this guy spend that much money in the first place?

‘Avatar 2’ Is So Expensive It Must Become the ‘Fourth or Fifth Highest-Grossing Film in History’ Just to Break Even​

How expensive is “Avatar: The Way of Water”? Early reports have claimed the production budget alone was in the $250 million range, but director James Cameron isn’t willing to give a hard number just yet. The only answer Cameron would give about the sequel’s budget when asked by GQ magazine was the following: “Very fucking [expensive].”
Cameron apparently told Disney and 20th Century Studios executives that his sequel budget was so high it represented “the worst business case in movie history.” According to the director’s estimates, “you have to be the third or fourth highest-grossing film in history. That’s your threshold. That’s your break even.”