Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
only place in the known universe that has the material needed for their FTL/antigrav? engines.

plus corporate assholes are....wait for it.....assholes.
sure, that part i understand, but it just seems fucking stupid to wage a conventional war on the blue cats terms when the space shitlords could just poison the entire planet and then just wait for the blue cats to die off so they could harvest all of it without a problem.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
True. that is the one thing that is confusing to me UNLESS there are some "global" regulations that prevents orbital bombardment.

oh oh i remember,,,, the biggest deposits of the "metal" is UNDER the population centers of the navi, almost like the navi did it that way on purpose, maybe the metal helps with their "psi" powers.

• 2Like

Cybsled

My take on it is the vast amount of material, in conjunction with the plant life, acted like some super computer that could store the consciousness of the Navi. Like a mycium network on steroids.

They came out with a cool lore book with all the backstory for Avatar 1 years ago, but long story short the Unobtanium properties made it god tier for storage of anti matter (allowing them to get to like .2C and this making interstellar travel more viable) and it also made general maglev and computer technologies become super charged. Earth essentially becomes dependent on it because they had depleted most of their resources.

Also killing off life on Pandora isn’t in the cards because there is still public interest and they made great strides in pharmaceuticals and the like studying the alien flora and fauna. So while mining was the main money maker, they were making money off other stuff from the planet as well. Navi artifacts were even smuggled back and sold to the super wealthy.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My take on it is the vast amount of material, in conjunction with the plant life, acted like some super computer that could store the consciousness of the Navi. Like a mycium network on steroids.
Already been done;

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

They came out with a cool lore book with all the backstory for Avatar 1 years ago, but long story short the Unobtanium properties made it god tier for storage of anti matter (allowing them to get to like .2C and this making interstellar travel more viable) and it also made general maglev and computer technologies become super charged. Earth essentially becomes dependent on it because they had depleted most of their resources.

Also killing off life on Pandora isn’t in the cards because there is still public interest and they made great strides in pharmaceuticals and the like studying the alien flora and fauna. So while mining was the main money maker, they were making money off other stuff from the planet as well. Navi artifacts were even smuggled back and sold to the super wealthy.
then they either need to make a deal with the blue cats or shit or get off the pot. probably best to go with either murdering them or enslaving them to harness their innate powers while still harvesting maguffins.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Three hours to watch Johnny Goodboy betray humanity again in his quest to crush blue cat puss sounds like too many fucking hours. Even if it's good I don't want to sit in the theater that long without a proper intermission and mixed drinks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

then they either need to make a deal with the blue cats or shit or get off the pot. probably best to go with either murdering them or enslaving them to harness their innate powers while still harvesting maguffins.

The movie (and book) covered this in part: At first it was fine. They mostly focused on studying/learning, but then the mining ramped up and the Navi started to push back and then the humans started to become more militaristic.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The first one did so well because the visuals were way above anything else that had come before it. In todays age when we’ve all been eyefucked with Marvel shit for the past decade it’s not as novel as it was back then. I’m sure this will do well but I’d be surprised if it out does the first one, unless they leave it in theatres for a year.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's not much competition until Ant-man in February, then Cocaine Bear and Creed III. Certainly the premium theaters will leave it there until the Marvel release.

Whoa, Scream 6 is already slotted for March? Thought they just green lit that. Followed by Shazam 2, John Wick 4 yeah Jan/Feb is a wasteland compared to March+

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone hasn't kept with how shitty marvels CGI has become.

Screenshot_2022-12-07-20-23-54-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

• 2Worf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I honestly thouggt the first one sucked and have zero desire to watch the second. Blah blah IMAX I don't even give a shit about IMAX. For the past decade I average one movie in a theater per year and those mostly been kids movies.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I honestly thouggt the first one sucked and have zero desire to watch the second. Blah blah IMAX I don't even give a shit about IMAX. For the past decade I average one movie in a theater per year and those mostly been kids movies.
I honestly can't remember; when was Tenet? something something...Spiderman: No Way Home. I didn't make the effort for Maverick.
Fake Edit. Oh shit, I probably went in Jan 2022. Has it been almost a year since I have been to a theater? Holy Ducksauce Woke Hollywood sucks ass.
Fake Edit 2: I know Top Gun Maverick is worth going to see in theaters but honestly when I can wait a month and pay 20 bucks which is almost what parking costs, much less tickets

high quality GIF

It was a good movie and I am glad it did well. If someone begs me to take them to Nadia Song of the Blue Cat People in Space, I will just so I can counter-lecture my daughter on how Climate Change is a lie made up by Communists who want to steal our freedoms and make her eat bugs.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I honestly can't remember; when was Tenet? something something...Spiderman: No Way Home. I didn't make the effort for Maverick.
Fake Edit. Oh shit, I probably wen in Jan 2022. Has it been almost a year since I have been to a theater? Holy Ducksauce Woke Hollywood sucks ass.
Fake Edit 2: I know Top Gun Maverick is worth going to see in theaters but honestly when I can wait a month and pay 20 bucks which is almost what parking costs, much less tickets

high quality GIF

It was a good movie and I am glad it did well. If someone begs me to take them to Nadia Song of the Blue Cat People in Space, I will just so I can counter-lecture my daughter on how Climate Change is a lie made up by Communists who want to steal our freedoms and make her eat bugs.
I am not sure if you were insulting me or agreeing with me.

Good post!

• 2Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I am not sure if you were insulting me or agreeing with me.

Good post!
Thanks!
Think Mad Men GIF

I was agreeing with your one movie a year and realized I have barely been in 2022 at all. Listening to a TwitterFiles4 Spaces so sorry if it is more discombobulated than usual. :)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I rewatched the first one this weekend to get ready for this. I've always enjoyed the first one. I think it's entertaining. Yeah the story is not very original but it's well told, most characters are pretty interesting. The movie is gorgeous with tons of very cool moments. Even at 2:45, it has good pacing, never felt bored and it was over quickly.

My hopes for this one is pretty much more of the same, unoriginal story, great visuals, great set pieces and entertaining.

This will be my first movie since COVID, I was barely going before that, maybe 3-4 a year at most and when COVID hit and theater closed I realized I didn't miss it at all. I'm going back for this though. It's meant to be seen on the big screen.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Im Out Free Fall GIF by Nitro Circus

Avatar is a complete rip off of Dances with Wolves.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's 3pm Thursday showings, so they're really trying to maximum as much as they can with the long runtime.