DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Did everybody forget about jujubees and unobtainium? This movie felt painfully dumb to me when I watched it. I never watched it in 3D either so the visuals were nice enough but hardly worth it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did everybody forget about jujubees and unobtainium? This movie felt painfully dumb to me when I watched it. I never watched it in 3D either so the visuals were nice enough but hardly worth it.
The movie in 3d was insane at the time. I don't care for the story but might go watch for that

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The original movie was a generic story that's been told 4000000 times with a number of those times being done better, but even so I don't think the story itself is particularly bad or anything. It's fine if not exactly inspiring. That being said it was definitely more of an experience than anything.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i only saw avatar once in theaters at release (3D) and bought a 3D ticket for next monday when Quantum Leap did their $3.55 tickets day thing, asked my wife if she wanted to see it and she said fuck no lol

i wonder if re-releasing in theaters was a good idea or not, if i'm bored (which I expect) my interest in avatar 2 is gonna plummet. On the other hand most young people probably never saw the original, but I wonder if they will like it or not

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah i only saw avatar once in theaters at release (3D) and bought a 3D ticket for next monday when Quantum Leap did their $3.55 tickets day thing, asked my wife if she wanted to see it and she said fuck no lol

i wonder if re-releasing in theaters was a good idea or not, if i'm bored (which I expect) my interest in avatar 2 is gonna plummet. On the other hand most young people probably never saw the original, but I wonder if they will like it or not
kids today are fucking commies, i'm sure they will love it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I went to the IMAX 3D Re-Release and it was just as enjoyable as the first time. I really do like this movie, even if the plot isn't deep. It's just deep enough that I can get into it without being stuck on the surface level. But keep in mind this movie came out back when I was still in my heavy MMO days. The idea of an Avatar would be amazing for some WotLK raiding. Really get immersed in the game. And I love the movie for that very reason.

Oh yeah, the re-release comes complete with an after credits "Way of the Water" scene. Here it is, if you care.

EDIT: Avatar 2 clip is live now. Just click the link in the spoiler. It'll still show the "loading" spinning stuff, but if you press play, it'll work without issue.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Saw the rerelease this in one of the stadium imax's with the 65x85 foot screens, its still amazing to be this may be the best looking film made and its what 13 years old at this point? The3D is still just as impressive too, no other movie did it better save a couple scenes in Gravity. Atleast I thought that till the Way of Water clip, its on a whole different level. Sometimes its okay to turn your brain off and just enjoy, and while I doubt the sequel will be groundbreaking story wise, its going to win all the technical awards based on what I saw considering its all mo-cap, its real damn impressive. And the 3D is even better!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For that matter, so will Cameron. Going to burn away his golden years making the Dances with Space-Cats cinematic universe.

One or two Avatar sequels sounds good, but I'm kinda bummed that we're getting four of them instead of like, a Terminator Future War movie like the one he wanted to make in 1999 but couldn't. He has the rights now!

Michael Biehn is too old now but Sebastian Stan could play Kyle Reese easily. It's the only place left for Terminator to go and nobody will fuckin' do it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looks like they'll be ripping off stuff from this anime then
Nadia_DVD_cover.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're an idiot if you thought it would be shorter than 2h 45m

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're a retard if you plan on watching this on a TV and not in theatre

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
1st movie was 2 hours, 42 minutes for theatrical release. Then the extended edition clocked in at 2 hours, 54 minutes. The additional 16 minutes in this one is bound to be for a good reason.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I just never could get over the appearance of the furry race. It's like anytime anyone recommends some anime or weeb RPG... just can't get past it.

• 1Like