• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Good Morning @Amod

I am requesting a review of the bet quoted below. I feel like it was agreed to on my end, and then more than 2 hours after the bet was agreed to Burnem tried to back out. As his his non-donor status shows Burnem does not care about this forum, and will Welch on any bet because "the mods won't do shit". I'm asking you to rule in my favor and apply the avatar I supplied to hi late last night.

Thanks.

Willing to avatar bet any pats fan that during the game the communication system will fail at least once.

No, until after super bowl.

So two weeks, deal.

IMG_0111.JPG

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How about you at least tell the entire story? In this message right here he asks you to explicitly agree to these rules, and you never agree after that. You just followed up with a snarky comment about grammar
Two week avatar bet based on rather or not the communication system fails at any time during the patriots Steelers game. Going to need you to agree before the bet is official, failure to agree before the game starts voids the bet. All offense intended, you aren't above pretending like you didn't agree to the bet.

Rather? Patriots is lower cased? Noun noun? Going to need you to tighten all this up, all offense intended because you are fucking retarded.

Sorry, there was no final agreement.

• 2Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
No final agreement and you tried to have two avatar bets going at the same time.

Next time you want to make an avatar bet, make sure that it is final and that you don't dispute the conditions yourself and ask for the exact conditions to be tightened up.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
What is this forum coming to? Faggots can't even do forum avatar bets right anymore.

Sad! Low energy!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I say we make ara wear a Putin avatars to offset this injustice.

The one where he's shirtless riding a bear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
No final agreement and you tried to have two avatar bets going at the same time.

Next time you want to make an avatar bet, make sure that it is final and that you don't dispute the conditions yourself and ask for the exact conditions to be tightened up.

Where did I dispute the conditions. The bet is agreed to and then two hours later he starts disputing conditions. When someone says "deal" that's a final agreement.

Also please show me in the rules where I can't win two avatar bets? Or is this one of your "feels" rules?

iannis

Musty Nester
That's unenforceable. You can win two at once, but you can't lose two at once. If one quadrant of the possible outcomes square fails, the entire thing fails.

Does it need to be a rule?

You can't bet with money you don't have.

• 2Solidarity

khalid

Unelected Mod
That's unenforceable. You can win two at once, but you can't lose two at once. If one quadrant of the possible outcomes square fails, the entire thing fails.

Does it need to be a rule?

You can't bet with money you don't have.

This pretty much.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You can lose two avatar bets at once. You just serve consecutive terms.

The bet was made, the loser should pay thr price. #notmyjobanymo

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Burnem did say "Deal" after Uber's final suggestion for the length of the punishment.

Should somebody be allowed to agree to the terms of a deal, then say "Actually, let's repeat the terms. If we don't confirm yet again, the bet is off"? Seems shady.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I kind of feel like saying "Deal" is the handshake moment here.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't want to speak for Burnem, and I actually don't even know why I am getting in the middle of this other than Uber is an insufferable cunt in that thread. But when I read through that, Burnem is saying deal to the length of time for the avatar bet. He then wanted to clearly lay out the rules of the bet and make sure both sides agreed. And to add to that, recently people have been calling on Amod to come and bless the bet once both sides agree. While that doesn't always happen, it does help avoid these kind of bitch fights.

Either way, I don't care that much anymore, so I am done arguing it!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ameraves Ameraves appreciate the opinion even if I don't agree with you, but you are being disingenuis. Why did he say deal and then 2.5 hours later want to clarify? I'd see your point if it was immediate, but he knew what he was doing. Trolling just like convo got banned for.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I don't want to speak for Burnem, and I actually don't even know why I am getting in the middle of this other than Uber is an insufferable cunt in that thread. But when I read through that, Burnem is saying deal to the length of time for the avatar bet. He then wanted to clearly lay out the rules of the bet and make sure both sides agreed. And to add to that, recently people have been calling on Amod to come and bless the bet once both sides agree. While that doesn't always happen, it does help avoid these kind of bitch fights.

Either way, I don't care that much anymore, so I am done arguing it!

This is exactly what I meant, the length which is why I later drew up the details and asked him to agree. I've been told by cad to make these bets like contracts and was in the process of ironing out the details when I learned he already had an avatar bet and backed out before he could agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.