• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You still haven't pointed out what rule I broke. You even admitted the ban wasn't right.

I've posted it twice. Here's a third:

12.) Moderator actions are final after the first appeal is denied by a majority moderator decision. There is no escalation after moderators. The admins are here to work on the site itself and not deal with any of the rules and regulations other than that, as a result they will not arbitrate except in extreme situations.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I've posted it twice. Here's a third:

12.) Moderator actions are final after the first appeal is denied by a majority moderator decision. There is no escalation after moderators. The admins are here to work on the site itself and not deal with any of the rules and regulations other than that, as a result they will not arbitrate except in extreme situations.
That is talking about AFTER an appeal. Once again, not a rule broken. I protected a user.

I already also stated it was an EXTREME situation (how is that defined) where a user was unjustly banned and can make no appeal while banned.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That is talking about AFTER an appeal. Once again, not a rule broken. I protected a user.

I already also stated it was an EXTREME situation (how is that defined) where a user was unjustly banned and can make no appeal while banned.

You didnt even wait for an appeal which is a part of the problem. Also acting like he had no way of appealing while being banned is just playing dumb. He managed to appeal to you, didn't he? He even admitted to creating and posting under an alt which is against another rule, but you choose to ignore that too. The way you pick and choose when to follow THE RULES GUYZ and when to unilaterally overrule them is complete bullshit.

We should let Draegan run for admin next voting session

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You didnt even wait for an appeal which is a part of the problem. Also acting like he had no way of appealing while being banned is just playing dumb. He managed to appeal to you, didn't he? He even admitted to creating and posting under an alt which is against another rule, but you choose to ignore that too. The way you pick and choose when to follow THE RULES GUYZ and when to unilaterally overrule them is complete bullshit.

We should let Draegan run for admin next voting session
How can he appeal when banned? None of them can see it. They don't have access to the official email.

He posted under an alt on the old forums. We have better software that isn't going to stop every single thing but it might stop him. If it doesn't he then IS violating a rule and CAN be banned for it. So why would he do that to appeal? You also keep bringing up things from past forums. They don't matter one iota here or we would have several bans still live for no reason.

I am not picking and choosing you just aren't looking at the whole picture. Someone you don't like was unbanned and you don't like it. You can't look at the whole process objectively. Let me do a complete timeline here and maybe you can wrap your head around it.

User makes a post about a bet.
Mods and users research his past to find out why he has no standing on this bet.
They find proof.
I post that if he comes clean on the debt he is safe.
Cad decides he doesn't like that and bans him with no proper paperwork and breaks every rule doing it.
User messages me at 5AM on facebook and tells me he will pay the debt.
I agree and unban him when he pays the debt.
I then tell all the users that they will need to report him in order for another ban to happen and that this doesn't mean he has any protection.

Okay so that is just the ban part. We agreed that the avatar was a screw up.

So point out in that timeline where I broke a rule. He can still be banned right now. The moderators are still in full control. They can vote on it just fine by making a thread in the moderator section, they have not. I would even abstain from voting Tuco's seat. They can still do what they want (following the rules). The person you are defending, Cad, broke the rules. Yet you are still going after me? Despite agreeing that the ban was wrong in the first place? How do you make it to work in the morning with your pants on your head?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Bump your donation up to cover the $100 and all is forgiven. I am sure @jooka will find that reasonable after 6 years of waiting.

This was the first time I told him what he could do to honor the bet.

Let me know I'm considering it, though seems like Cad is going to hold true to his word. I'll become a donor regardless after he is banned.

This is where @Burnem Wizfyre said he was going to donate regardless. Then he welched, but we all knew that was going to happen. His money is no good here, he will go down as a welcher as long as he posts here.

By the way, I know you will log out and see this.

The offer still stands, if you pay @jooka or the forum your ban will be lifted.

This is where I reiterated how Uber could make it right AFTER @Cad banned him. This is the time when the moderators should have brought up a complaint if they didn't like the way it was going. They did not. Cad didn't even ban him properly.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You realize that if you apply the rules like this, then you are giving mods the power to basically ban anyone for anyone reason and there is nothing anyone can do about it right? I mean a banned user cannot appeal. Uber was flat banned for not breaking any written rule. Is this what you want?

Sounds like this place needs a Supreme Court nominated by a_skeleton_03 and voted on by the mods who serve for life until they die.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like this place needs a Supreme Court nominated by a_skeleton_03 and voted on by the mods who serve for life until they die.

I would be impartial and aloof from my fellow shitlords.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.