Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Brad2770

I just assumed he could recall it. This is pretty logical, as his followers can recall theirs.

E350E665-DBF5-4E10-80A2-2E9F4E4D4BFD.png

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of which, and sorry if this was discussed already....

When Fat Thor went back in time to give his mom a hug, he recalled electricity hammer right before he left. Wouldn't that have left Past Thor without a hammer?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of which, and sorry if this was discussed already....

When Fat Thor went back in time to give his mom a hug, he recalled electricity hammer right before he left. Wouldn't that have left Past Thor without a hammer?

Cap takes it back, along with the stones.
1628545045747.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
so in the end, he was worthy enough to use mjolnir for 5minutes and the rest of the time he's also worthy of being uber eats in asgard.

No? Cap was always worthy to wield Mjolnir. In the previous movie where Thor wants to see if he can lift it, Cap only pretends that he can't, so as not to hurt Thor's feelings or whatever.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No? Cap was always worthy to wield Mjolnir. In the previous movie where Thor wants to see if he can lift it, Cap only pretends that he can't, so as not to hurt Thor's feelings or whatever.
That's one theory. My theory is that he wasn't worthy enough to pick up Mjolnir for a pissing contest but he could do it in a time of genuine need.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's one theory. My theory is that he wasn't worthy enough to pick up Mjolnir for a pissing contest but he could do it in a time of genuine need.
he knew he could pick it up when he needed it because he could pick it up already.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Here, even better. If you can handle the voice over. Straight from the directors.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
he knew he could pick it up when he needed it because he could pick it up already.
I know, right? It's not like he's in a battle for the fate of all life in the universe and takes a moment to ponder "I wonder if I'm worthy *now*? What about now? No? How about...NOW!?"

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here, even better. If you can handle the voice over. Straight from the directors.

Yeah but the Russo brothers didn't direct Age of Ultron, they're simply choosing to interpret the way they want. If he was actually worthy of it then he almost certainly would have lifted it off the table on accident. And yeah it gives a little twitch when he first lays hand on it, but that can be interpreted for either way.

Although the real reason he "couldn't" lift Mjolnir in Age of Ultron had nothing to do with worthiness or genuine need. Cap lifting Mjolnir would have wildly undercut the significance of Vision being able to do so later in the movie.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah but the Russo brothers didn't direct Age of Ultron, they're simply choosing to interpret the way they want. If he was actually worthy of it then he almost certainly would have lifted it off the table on accident. And yeah it gives a little twitch when he first lays hand on it, but that can be interpreted for either way.

Although the real reason he "couldn't" lift Mjolnir in Age of Ultron had nothing to do with worthiness or genuine need. Cap lifting Mjolnir would have wildly undercut the significance of Vision being able to do so later in the movie.

Ok, I guess I didn't see the fine print on Mjolnir that reads "He who is almost worthy can slightly jostle the hammer." :p

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

think of the sword in the stone. everyone who tried to pull the sword and become king, they couldnt even move it an iota. not even a wiggle. when Arthur took his shot, the sword withdrew like butter. its why Thor said "i knew it" because he knows that if you could wiggle the hammer, then you can lift it no sweat. yeah that was their intepretation of it, but its the most logical one and it fits Steve's character, he doesnt brag too often. i think the only time he's ever shown off was by lapping Sam on the track. "on your left". Cap is a humble person and he would think that showing Thor up would be insulting to him and probably cause problems.

• 1Garbage

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
think of the sword in the stone. everyone who tried to pull the sword and become king, they couldnt even move it an iota. not even a wiggle. when Arthur took his shot, the sword withdrew like butter. its why Thor said "i knew it" because he knows that if you could wiggle the hammer, then you can lift it no sweat. yeah that was their intepretation of it, but its the most logical one and it fits Steve's character, he doesnt brag too often. i think the only time he's ever shown off was by lapping Sam on the track. "on your left". Cap is a humble person and he would think that showing Thor up would be insulting to him and probably cause problems.

There's precedent in the comics for people being able to lift Mjolnir only during important moments.

It's also possible he wasn't worthy then, but him giving himself up to die a warriors death and go to Valhalla when he stood against Thanos and his army single handedly is what made him worthy.

Brad2770

I don’t think Cap would have threatened a boy in Fortnite, but Thor did.

Cap was always worthy. And more worthy than Thor. He isn’t self centered like Thor.