Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lawl. Disney just cancelled everything that had to do with ScarJo over her lawsuit. Apparently she had like 3-4 movies in the works with one being the recently announced Tower of Terror movie.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or most/all of them had their productions delayed and cancelled prior to any of this so she knew she had nothing more to lose.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lawl. Disney just cancelled everything that had to do with ScarJo over her lawsuit. Apparently she had like 3-4 movies in the works with one being the recently announced Tower of Terror movie.
saw that coming, more pettiness from the Mouse. lets see if they cancel her action figures.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t think Cap would have threatened a boy in Fortnite, but Thor did.

Cap was always worthy. And more worthy than Thor. He isn’t self centered like Thor.
there's also precedence in the comics that arrogance and self-centeredness in and of itself doesn't make someone "unworthy" because that's just how thor is. a huge piece of being worthy is BELIEVING you're worthy which is a completely arrogant thought in the first place. as soon as thor believes he ISN'T worthy, mjolnir stops responding to him.

Cap is humble enough to not actually believe he's worthy, especially during that scene in age of ultron where no one is fighting, they're just sitting around having drinks. but in endgame, cap doesn't have the luxury to think about anything other than the gravity of the fight and what it will cost everyone if he loses. those moments are when cap is at his best, which is why he could lift it then.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there's also precedence in the comics that arrogance and self-centeredness in and of itself doesn't make someone "unworthy" because that's just how thor is. a huge piece of being worthy is BELIEVING you're worthy which is a completely arrogant thought in the first place. as soon as thor believes he ISN'T worthy, mjolnir stops responding to him.

Cap is humble enough to not actually believe he's worthy, especially during that scene in age of ultron where no one is fighting, they're just sitting around having drinks. but in endgame, cap doesn't have the luxury to think about anything other than the gravity of the fight and what it will cost everyone if he loses. those moments are when cap is at his best, which is why he could lift it then.
except he knew he could summon Mjolnir. the Russo bros even said he knew because he could lift the hammer before. there was never a question of worthiness.
“How is Steve Rogers not worthy?” a fan asked. “Is he not? Are we sure?” Whedon responded, a hint of teasing in his voice. “Did he fail? Or did he stop?”

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Now, Kevin Feige has confirmed that Steve Rogers was indeed always worthy, but did not lift the hammer out of respect for Thor in Avengers: Age of Ultron. In a Reddit AMA, he said, “We think he was always worthy, and was being polite in Age of Ultron.”
The idea that Steve Rogers/Captain America could lift the hammer back in Age of Ultron isn't a new one. Earlier this year, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explained in an "Ask Me Anything" Q&A on Reddit something similar to what D'Esposito says in the book: that Cap always could have lifted the hammer but was just being polite when he didn't do it.

"We think he was always worthy and was being polite in Age of Ultron," Feige noted

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
except he knew he could summon Mjolnir. the Russo bros even said he knew because he could lift the hammer before. there was never a question of worthiness.
“How is Steve Rogers not worthy?” a fan asked. “Is he not? Are we sure?” Whedon responded, a hint of teasing in his voice. “Did he fail? Or did he stop?”
whedon is a douchebag and i don't care what he says. i hate directors who try to explain AFTER the fact what was happening in their movies. either explain it in the movie, or don't explain it at all. the only thing we KNOW is that cap DIDN'T lift mjolnir until endgame. we can make all kinds of assumptions and assertations but, again, the fact is cap DIDN'T lift it until endgame.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
whedon is a douchebag and i don't care what he says. i hate directors who try to explain AFTER the fact what was happening in their movies. either explain it in the movie, or don't explain it at all. the only thing we KNOW is that cap DIDN'T lift mjolnir until endgame. we can make all kinds of assumptions and assertations but, again, the fact is cap DIDN'T lift it until endgame.

I mean I agree that Whedon is a douchebag but not having a concrete explanation for him not lifting the hammer in AoU I'm 100% on board with. Let imaginations run wild and then have that massive payoff in Endgame.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean I agree that Whedon is a douchebag but not having a concrete explanation for him not lifting the hammer in AoU I'm 100% on board with. Let imaginations run wild and then have that massive payoff in Endgame.
its called foreshadowing. theyve been foreshadowing tons of things for over ten years. they're just getting around to focusing on the Ten Rings now .

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean anyone with a brain knew from that look on Thor's face in AoU that one day Cap would wield Mjolnir, we're just quibbling about whether he always could or not. I doubt it was their intention from the beginning, rather they just left it vague and then retroactively decided he always could.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think cap knew he was worthy, just not worthy enough, like he had to go through 3 more movies b4 he was worthy by mjolnir standards, sorta like this

a few years ago there was a thanos only series and he thanos' everything until there was only one left

Thanos (2016-) 016-018.jpg
Thanos (2016-) 016-019.jpg
Thanos (2016-) 016-020.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don’t think Cap would have threatened a boy in Fortnite, but Thor did.

Cap was always worthy. And more worthy than Thor. He isn’t self centered like Thor.

Worthiness is based on the perspective of a viking warrior god, not whatever bullshit definition you just came up with.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
People really need to get this shit explained?

the hammer is a binary thing. You are worthy or not, you can lift it or not. You re not ‘a tiny bit worthy’ and can move it half an inch. From that scene it was clear cap coulda just grabbed it but out of respect he didnt, except he fucked up and it moved slightly which thor picked up on.

Why the fuck do people need every fucking thing explained to them?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Some of us were busy fingerblasting floozies and pissing out windows on alley bums instead of memorizing comic book lore.

You're nerd raging about people not intuitively grasping how a magic hammer in a comic book movie works.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People really need to get this shit explained?

the hammer is a binary thing. You are worthy or not, you can lift it or not. You re not ‘a tiny bit worthy’ and can move it half an inch. From that scene it was clear cap coulda just grabbed it but out of respect he didnt, except he fucked up and it moved slightly which thor picked up on.

because Gavin likes to split hairs. they also muddied the waters with Thor1 when Odin took away Thor's powers and Gavin equated that as a worthiness meter. so when Gavin says "but Cap wasnt worthy enough to lift Mjolnir in Ultron", he means that the worthiness meter he invented in his head said that Cap didnt accrue enough worthiness points on his missions yet to unlock the Mjolnir window..

• 1Garbage

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
because Gavin likes to split hairs. they also muddied the waters with Thor1 when Odin took away Thor's powers and Gavin equated that as a worthiness meter. so when Gavin says "but Cap wasnt worthy enough to lift Mjolnir in Ultron", he means that the worthiness meter he invented in his head said that Cap didnt accrue enough worthiness points on his missions yet to unlock the Mjolnir window..
You shouldn't spew a bunch of shit from your mouth and then suggest that I'm the one inventing stuff in my head.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users