Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I got off work at noon and went to grab a bite to eat next to the theater around 2. Theater lot was completely full.

Since AMC is showing the movie 24 hours a day this weekend, I checked tonight's 4am Dolby showing out of curiosity. I want to say it's about 60% full, with most of the upper portion gone. For 4 fucking AM. This is appointment television this weekend and everyone appears to be making time for it.

I'm interested to see the week over week drop off for next weekend, since everyone on the planet is apparently going to see it in the first weekend.

Of course, I haven't seen it in 3D yet, so maybe I will go watch it a 3rd time next weekend...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
karen-gillan-s1536x2048-454269.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
Since AMC is showing the movie 24 hours a day this weekend, I checked tonight's 4am Dolby showing out of curiosity. I want to say it's about 60% full, with most of the upper portion gone. For 4 fucking AM. This is appointment television this weekend and everyone appears to be making time for it.

I'm interested to see the week over week drop off for next weekend, since everyone on the planet is apparently going to see it in the first weekend.

Of course, I haven't seen it in 3D yet, so maybe I will go watch it a 3rd time next weekend...

I know a few people that don't like the crowds and plan on going during the week next week, so I think it'll make a lot next week too compared to normal dropoff percentages.

Fadaar

That guy
I think it's safe to say Thor and Cap stole the show for this movie. Rocket a very very close third. I did enjoy how easter eggs from the comics (like the above Cap quote) and fan stuff (Asguardians of the Galaxy) made it in.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
First hour was too slow and I started falling asleep, but it was a late showing and I had a jumbo sized beer. Second half was good and I lost my shit when Cap started slinging lightning bolts. I don't see re-watching this end to end a bunch like I did with Infinity War but I do plan to watch that end battle scene about a hundred times when this comes out on bluray.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fantastic viewing experience as a culmination of the entire MCU thus far, but it falls off pretty hard once you start going over it in your head, lotta missteps.

Loved Professor Hulk at first but it got weird and annoying.

What exactly is Natasha sacrificing on Vormir? You have to give up what you love most, Clint would actually be giving up ever being with his family again by sacrificing himself, and it would serve as a redemptive act for the fact that he's spent a significant portion of the last five years as a fucking MASS MURDERER.

The girl power scene jarred me out of the movie but I got over it pretty quickly. The more I think about it, the more it irritates me in retrospect. The only Avenger in the fight who poses a serious threat to Thanos was a woman, and she was peeling him like a goddamn orange, to the point that he had to resort to something of a desperation move to get free. Shortly thereafter, another woman is considered so much of a threat that the ship disobeys Thanos' orders to redirect all its fire at her, upon which she shrugs it all off and effortlessly tears the ship apart. But no, still gotta throw in an exclusionary "fan service" scene to drive the point home with no subtlety whatsoever.

I hate that Disney's hamfisted 'wokeness' of late makes me question whether they're passing the shield on to Falcon because he's genuinely a better fit in the MCU (which I believe), or because he's black.

15/10 as a payoff to ten years worth of Superhero movies, 6.5 or 7 out of 10 on its own merit. Nowhere close to being as good as Infinity War.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The girl power scene jarred me out of the movie but I got over it pretty quickly. The more I think about it, the more it irritates me in retrospect. The only Avenger in the fight who poses a serious threat to Thanos was a woman, and she was peeling him like a goddamn orange, to the point that he had to resort to something of a desperation move to get free. Shortly thereafter, another woman is considered so much of a threat that the ship disobeys Thanos' orders to redirect all its fire at her, upon which she shrugs it all off and effortlessly tears the ship apart. But no, still gotta throw in an exclusionary "fan service" scene to drive the point home with no subtlety whatsoever.

Yeah, it did the same to me. I *loved* this movie, and I was 100% all in, near tears multiple times, I let this movie take me where it wanted and just became a total fag in the theater for it. And the the stupid girl power scene took me completely out of it, I got back in quickly, but it really, really, killed the vibe this movie was giving off. Nothing about this entire movie made that scene necessary. It was completely gratuitous and detracted from the movie.

• 3Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think a single soul on this internet thinks Nebula is less fuckable than Captain Marvel. Even with her blue bald head and I want to kill you attitude. Fuck, I'll be lookin forward to that in the sack!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Thank God captain Marvel had like 5 minutes of the scene.

What the fuck is with that hair.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
3-Hour Runtime Doesn’t Choke ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Record $140M+ Opening Day; Unprecedented $315M-$330M Weekend – Midday B.O. Update

4th UPDATE, Friday Midday: It’s even bigger than originally seen this morning. Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame is tearing up all the record books with a $140 million-$150 million opening day, blasting away Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ first-day and single-day records of $119.1M. Industry estimates have Endgame‘s weekend between $315M-$330M, but don’t be stunned if it goes higher. The entire industry is in a complete state of shock.

Shocked? Anyone with any intelligence knew this movie was gonna blow shit away. This is a once in a lifetime thing. Nothing like this has ever been done before. By that I mean a complete 20+ movie saga of different characters and stories all leading to this.

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't think a single soul on this internet thinks Nebula is less fuckable than Captain Marvel. Even with her blue bald head and I want to kill you attitude. Fuck, I'll be lookin forward to that in the sack!
The only thing is the facial makeup makes Amy Pond's face look a bit weird.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
10/10 - I hated the girl power scene and sad about another but its the best wrap up they could have done - They have now successfully done the movie series like a paper printed series and thats likely how it will continue forever - Kudos to them.

Winter Soldier was my favorite till this, but considering my icy heart felt feels in some of these scenes i had to make it #1

EndGame > Winter Soldier > Infinity War.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
You guys are the new SJW. Screaming about the most minor of things, making the mountains of molehills, and ruining everyone elses enjoyment of things.

Congrats guys! You did it!

• 3EyeRoll
  • 3Like
  • 2Rustled
Reactions: 14 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You guys are the new SJW. Screaming about the most minor of things, making the mountains of molehills, and ruining everyone elses enjoyment of things.

Congrats guys! You did it!

Even my wife who doesn’t follow SJW shit, and is pretty defensive and on board with women in general looked at me during that scene and said “wtf was that”. And commented how cheesy it was after the movie. It was hamfisted grrrl power, and jarring considering there was a massive battlefield with people spread out all over the place. But half the force could find the time to strike a pose with Queen feminist cunt.

Just because you’re ignoring how blatant it was doesn’t mean it wasn’t a cheesey unnecessary scene that’s pushing a stupid agenda Disney is going to shit up future movies with.

TLDR: Fuck off nerd.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users