Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont mind girl power - i just dont want it so obviously thrown in my face.

"Seriously - all that shit going on - then magically these girls show up all nonchalant as if they ALL knew at that very moment to suddenly appear right there. Sorry its just annoying. If they had all been fighting and then ended up together then sure, but thats not what happened.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You guys are the new SJW. Screaming about the most minor of things, making the mountains of molehills, and ruining everyone elses enjoyment of things.

Congrats guys! You did it!
my reaction to Scarlet Witch doing her thing
giphy.gif

my reaction to the pussy patrol
giphy.gif

• 7Solidarity
  • 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You guys are the new SJW. Screaming about the most minor of things, making the mountains of molehills, and ruining everyone elses enjoyment of things.

Oh wow, new and original. Atheists are just like religious people! Reacting to this shit makes you just like what you hate, the only solution is to not speak and only let them push their message! If you kill your enemy, they win! Man, Xevy..We've all had plenty of experience with pussies who won't fess up to believing in an ideology/religion but will low-key defend it with appeals to shame/false equivalences/fallacies that are always vague and just meant to make people uncomfortable about talking (Not actual rebuttals or specifics about why the criticism is bad). We get it man, just fucking sac up and actually defend your shit next time. Its not hard. No one person is even making a big deal about it, they just said it was retarded. You're just butthurt because SO many DIFFERENT people pointed toward you golden calf and called it fucking retarded that you feel defensive. Christ, its all so tiresome.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
It wasn't bad though. Even the last avenger had some girl power shit between bad girl and good girls. Just super fucking happy that Captain Marvel didn't have any major part in this. It was all filler and spaceship explosion which again could have been done by anybody.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It wasn't bad though. Even the last avenger had some girl power shit between bad girl and good girls. Just super fucking happy that Captain Marvel didn't have any major part in this.

The last Avenger did have a scene where it was the weird tall female elf (a child of Thanos) and I think Black Widow and the black bald lady teamed up to fight her, and Scarlet Witch helped (I think??). But they didn't make it some "WE'RE ALL WOMEN!" thing. It was all women, they're fucking badass, the scene was great, it wasn't as on the nose as this one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Inque

FunEmployed
Yea, as far as Captain Marvel I wanted her movie to be truly great and I think I'm actually worse off having tried to watch that before Endgame. She really didn't deserve to have her movie come out right before this one, and it's a shame because if we didn't have the shitshow Brie spewed plus the shitshow of her movie prior to Endgame, I probably wouldn't be bothered by her appearance in the film, it was about what I expected her to be (and could've been done sorta like Wonder Woman was introduced in Dawn of Justice, to a certain degree).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm just glad Black Widow wasn't alive to see that shitshow of women power belittling their contribution to the MCU as if they couldn't just stand on their own as characters, have to point out their gender for some reason. Also Cap had to watch everyone die twice including Peggy naturally and he knew when she'd die too oh man, also do you think he still got an old man chub when he met Sharon Carter? So many questions and so few answers!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
The last Avenger did have a scene where it was the weird tall female elf (a child of Thanos) and I think Black Widow and the black bald lady teamed up to fight her, and Scarlet Witch helped (I think??). But they didn't make it some "WE'RE ALL WOMEN!" thing. It was all women, they're fucking badass, the scene was great, it wasn't as on the nose as this one.
Yeh that was the scene. It stood out to me because it was a big cat fight lol.

• 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are just so many better ways to highlight strong women in movies/shows and they still had to result to reuniting the spice girls in the middle of an intergalactic battle to save the universe.

• 2Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
The rest of the movie was so good that I think a large majority of us can still enjoy the fuck out of it. We are just talking about it in a vacuum; as a part of the whole movie it didn't really make me like it much less.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm just ecstatic that they managed to produce a finale to this 10-year endeavor that had enough emotional punch to do justice to characters whom I've known in this form for longer than my kids have been alive.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

How does what they think ruin anyone else’s enjoyment? Please explain that to me.

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

This scene was so well done. I'm asking myself why I liked this one, but hated the one in End Game so much.

It's because, I think, that this scene works naturally. Scarlet Witch had been free before the fight (Like Captain Marvel was), and she specifically jumped in to save Black Widow and the Black Chick from one of those rolling things. So the movie established that all three women are in the same area, and there is a lull because a major war engine was just brought down by Witch. Then Witch gets knocked out, and Widow/Black chick help, and this is believable because where they are was all established--we knew why those three were free to engage, it all was logical.

Compare that to endgame. In Endgame the the establishing sequence before Marvel flies down has every woman specifically doing something, often working directly with their male counter-parts. Now, it might be believable for one or two of the women to get away from their fights--because battles are chaotic. But the fact that half a dozen characters, which were established to be essential to the battle in previous shots, ALL got away from the fights and just 'showed up' right where they were needed....AFTER establishing that the characters were so pinned down only one person could run the gauntlet? Well, that doesn't seem consistent at all. Feels more like they were able to pause the battle so they could strike a pose.

It was just pure laziness, really. It felt awkward because it genuinely looked like a scene some idiot in marketing demanded and the Russos had not established AT ALL, so it was really out of place because the establishing scenes before it showed the characters were all busy/essential where they were. But in Infinity war, the scene felt great because, as said, everything makes sense because every scene leading up to that establishes the logic of why the characters are there'.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

They did the same exact thing. Witch is getting her ass beat then Widow shows up and says "she's not alone" and then Wakanda bitch shows up. Only difference between the two movies is the amount of women.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm just ecstatic that they managed to produce a finale to this 10-year endeavor that had enough emotional punch to do justice to characters whom I've known in this form for longer than my kids have been alive.

For sure. And they had very few true missteps along the way. This was a true phenomenon.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The girl power moment was a silly “wall poster” shot, it was dumb, looked terrible, stood out because it looked so terrible, and is ultimately silly.

All it shows is that these characters/actors/portrayals cannot stand out on their own and that they need an artificial spotlight shining on them and casting the real players in shadow, however all it does is highlight how flawed and worthless they are.

Yes, some people are making it a bigger deal than I think it should be. Then again I thought it was a mistake to stop people from imitating ‘jackass’ or eating tide pods, my point is we all have our extremes and the sjw girl power bullshit being shoveled where it isn’t needed is one of those things.

So while I may not share in some’s passion over the scene I do understand the sentiment and feel no need to disagree with it.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
We need to talk about something other than girl power shit. It was short and not an integral part of the movie thus didn't ruin anything. Just lulz wtf moment.

Like for instance, wtf is with the new captain America. Is this for real.

• 1Salty