Avengers: Endgame (2019)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
about the russo cameo...

at first i thought oh, look it's a russo brother. that's kind of fun. oh, i... guess he's gay? is he gay in real life? was that just a hollywood forced inclusion for the sake of inclusion mandate? eh, whatever.

oh... oh wait... he's not gay. he's talking about a real life conversation between him and his brother, probably when they talked about killing off ironman or some similar movie moment. i mean they directed community and the office before marvel just gave them the reigns to a billion(s) dollar franchise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They have FTL comms, I imagine they have FTL distress signals.

captain marvel, a pilot, was able to jury rig a pager into a several light year distress beacon before stark even dreamed of being more than a weapons manufacturer. it's silly, but technology in the MCU is literal magic, so there's no real need to start nitpicking now.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Fun thought:

When Cap returns the Soul Stone he runs into....Red Skull.

• 3Mother of God
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I loved it, but what don’t understand is the following.

They need to return the stones or it creates new time new were the world is fucked because we don’t have the Stones to defend against dark evil. The ancient one said this correct?

So the “main mcu “ timeline has no stones (destroyed by Thanos and returned by cap)

Is the main timeline not screwed by the same “mysterious dark forces” the AO was worried about?”

Fadaar

That guy
so since they know where all infinity stones are at some point in the past whats to stop them from time travel snapping any problem? they still have the time machine tech at the end of the movie, so....

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
so since they know where all infinity stones are at some point in the past whats to stop them from time travel snapping any problem? they still have the time machine tech at the end of the movie, so....

At the bare minimum, the sacrifice for the soulstone each time. Gonna run out of avengers real fast doing that

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fun thought:

When Cap returns the Soul Stone he runs into....Red Skull.

How does one return the Soul Stone anyway?

They need to return the stones or it creates new time new were the world is fucked because we don’t have the Stones to defend against dark evil. The ancient one said this correct?

So the “main mcu “ timeline has no stones (destroyed by Thanos and returned by cap)

Is the main timeline not screwed by the same “mysterious dark forces” the AO was worried about?”

Well the specific threat of Dormammu is looming in the not to distant future of that timeline, and the Time Stone was instrumental to winning that conflict. Seemed like the Ancient One knew waaaaaaaaay too much about the future, even with having the Time Stone. I actually kinda wonder if she caused his car crash.

The fact that it very nearly backfired horribly and resulted in ALL life in the universe being wiped out instead of just half is why they will likely never dick with the stones again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The most evil act in the mcu was risking the remaining half of life in the universe on a 1 in 14 million something longshot.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holding the infinity stones was the only issue I had with this movie. We saw how incredibly powerful a single stone can be during the 1st Guardians of the Galaxy movie... and in this one, people (regular people) are just picking them up like pretty shells at the beach. They didn't seem to contain any power.

Inque

FunEmployed

Wong literally brought...EVERYONE. This is gonna be repeat viewings, so many cameo's.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am going to say it again Time Travel shit is kind of dumb plot line in this and also the sheer number of plotholes in this is shameful. Not that the infinity stones couldn't fix any plothole on their own. In the MCU universe they are still massively underrated in their capabilities.

They could have saved everyone brought everyone back in fact even Mary fucking Poppins could have been saved with the infinity gauntlet. Also the fact that Tony can create an Infinity gauntlet that not only allows mere mortals to use that shit but also invalidates the whole purpose of the giant space dwarf blacksmiths is well...

In the end Infinity War; Empire Strikes Back / End Game; Return of the Jedi.

Am happy to see it end but we all know which movie was superior by far. #brielarsonmegacunt

SoulGreenOrangeAllows the user to steal, control, manipulate, and alter living and dead souls. The Soul Gem is also the gateway to an idyllic pocket universe. At full potential, the Soul Gem grants the user control over all life in the universe.
TimeOrangeGreenAllows the user to see into the past and the future; stop, slow down, speed up or reverse the flow of time; travel through time; change the past and the future; age and de-age beings, and trap people or entire universes in unending loops of time. At full potential, the Time Gem grants the user omniscience and total control over the past, present, and future.
SpacePurpleBlueAllows the user to exist in any location; move any object anywhere throughout reality; warp or rearrange space; teleport themselves and others; increase their speed, and alter the distance between objects contrary to the laws of physics. At full potential, the Space Gem grants the user omnipresence.
MindBlueYellowAllows the user to enhance their mental and psionic abilities and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. At full potential, when backed by the Power Gem, the Mind Gem can access all minds in existence simultaneously. The Mind Gem is also the manifestation of the universal subconscious.
RealityYellowRedAllows the user to fulfill their wishes, even if the wish is in direct contradiction with scientific laws, and do things that would normally be impossible; and create any type of alternate reality the user wishes. At full potential, when backed by the other Gems, the Reality Gem allows the user to alter reality on a universal scale.
PowerRedPurpleAllows the user to access and manipulate all forms of energy; enhance their physical strength and durability; enhance any superhuman ability; and boost the effects of the other five Gems. At full potential, the Power Gem grants the user omnipotence.

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Possibly, but returning the stones was only fair in the spirit of not screwing over unrelated timelines. The main timeline had already lost its stones so that exposure didn't change.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's best not to think about the time travel logic, because there was none. It was a mish-mash of multiverse and linear time, although more on the multiverse side. However, the biggest wrench was the end

So Cap travels back to the 40s and marries Peggy Carter and they live together until she dies. But now he is an old man sitting near the time travel platform, which means that altered past is now their present. Would she still have become the director of SHIELD? Would Cap's foreknowledge of the HYDRA infestation changed anything? Best not to think about it too much I guess lol.

It was nice to see Jarvis make a cameo and be the same actor from the Agent Carter TV show

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only people i wish would have made it is like some SHIELD people. Fury, Hill, and Quake should have been there. Also Lady Sif.

Near as I can tell Agents of Shield isn't really considered MCU canon, even if the show itself is bound by the MCU canon.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Remind me what "on your left" is referring to? I can't remember what part that was now.

Jive Turkey

Karen

I think it's just a matter of not fucking over another timeline for yourself. Plus, they had no chance of getting the stone off the Ancient One without making that deal

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It's best not to think about the time travel logic, because there was none. It was a mish-mash of multiverse and linear time, although more on the multiverse side. However, the biggest wrench was the end

So Cap travels back to the 40s and marries Peggy Carter and they live together until she dies. But now he is an old man sitting near the time travel platform, which means that altered past is now their present. Would she still have become the director of SHIELD? Would Cap's foreknowledge of the HYDRA infestation changed anything? Best not to think about it too much I guess lol.

It was nice to see Jarvis make a cameo and be the same actor from the Agent Carter TV show

i think their explanation of changing the past means Cap going back does not actually change their current present so him chilling there and coming back doesn’t fuck anything.

• 1Like