Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I love that people are now talking about the Bucky Paradox inasmuch as they reference 'Hot Tob Time Machine'. Since Sebastian Stan was in that movie does that mean that there's a Sebastian Stan in the MCU along with Bucky?

Well, there're a few of those. Tony Stark calls Thor "Lebowski", despite MCU Jeff Bridges being Obidiah Stane (or did Obidiah Stane play the Big Lebowski in the MCU?)

Even before Endgame, in Spiderman Homecoming/Civil War, they made lots of Star Wars jokes and product placement (this being Disney after all), but I suppose the MCU's Star Wars didn't have Mace Windu (or Nick Fury would look eerily familiar to Peter Parker).

It's just pop culture references eating themselves, if you literally have half of Hollywood in the movie. I am sure there're more.

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, there're a few of those. Tony Stark calls Thor "Lebowski", despite MCU Jeff Bridges being Obidiah Stane (or did Obidiah Stane play the Big Lebowski in the MCU?)

Even before Endgame, in Spiderman Homecoming/Civil War, they made lots of Star Wars jokes and product placement (this being Disney after all), but I suppose the MCU's Star Wars didn't have Mace Windu (or Nick Fury would look eerily familiar to Peter Parker).

It's just pop culture references eating themselves, if you literally have half of Hollywood in the movie. I am sure there're more.
Lol right, great observation, MCU version of Peter Parker would 100% call Fury, Mace Windu

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I just want to add that if you want an ass kicking female character who is well written with a descent story arc, then Nebula might be one of the best written female characters in the MCU (definitely in this movie). She was also well acted and not sexualized like other characters the tumblr cunts complained about. Being able to see her original personality contrasted against her redeemed one was well done. I am glad she got a lot more screen time than Captain Smugcunt or the entirety of Pussytron.
This. Getting to see the contrast was great. IMO she ended up being the most well written character out of the series.

Makes me wonder how they have her then god awful shit like captain marvel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I just want to add that if you want an ass kicking female character who is well written with a descent story arc, then Nebula might be one of the best written female characters in the MCU (definitely in this movie). She was also well acted and not sexualized like other characters the tumblr cunts complained about. Being able to see her original personality contrasted against her redeemed one was well done. I am glad she got a lot more screen time than Captain Smugcunt or the entirety of Pussytron.

For sure. She's excellent. And the way she delivers a line cracks me up every time, the way she speaks.. it's like she... I can't even describe what her affect is, but it comes across amazingly well. Her one line in Endgame cracked me up so bad "your choices were him or a tree" (speaking to Gamora re: Peter Quill). LOL. She's much better than Mantis, and I'd rather Nebula over Gamora too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Outside of the makeup I'd take any of the three. I think Karen Gillan wins because of redhead + accent though.

• 2Like

Fedor

<Banned>
Y0xCVFp.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 11 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I feel like my first reaction sold this short. In thinking about it I may not remember much about the movie for much longer and it may not be that good of a movie. But for 180 minutes it was pretty captivating overall and considering it tied together 11 movies and did so in a mostly coherent way I think you need to say the director and writers did a pretty amazing job considering what they had to try to pull off. In theory this should have been a complete and total train wreck while only the Hawkeye, BW and Cpt. Marvel parts were. Considering how many characters were in this movie that's pretty damn good actually.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Got a picture? I worked hard to ignore her during the movie and can’t remember her funeral outfit.

The quality is so bad, but it's basically like a beatles suit top with these manly baggy pants on the bottom. It's completely fucking crap.

Honestly, with *5* Marvel movies being in the top gross movies of all time, this is HUGE fucking business, they need to dump Brie. Just let her story be she is away helping other worlds and we never see her again. Let Mysterio be a good guy, make Spiderman the next Iron Man, keep whomever plays Captain America awesome, and bring back Wolverine haha. Just keep Brie's "ass" somewhere else.

• 5Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I'm not judging her as a fashion icon. I just was bitching that of course this feminist cunt is wearing the dykiest outfit in the galaxy.

I assumed it was an homage to a military uniform/dress blues, since she was an air force pilot.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sooner or later someone will put together a supercut of important plot points from all 22 movies and condense this shit down. I've seen this about 4 times now and I feel I like it better a bit each time. This certainly wasn't some disaster of filmmaking like The Last Jedi.

The scene where everybody shows up at once is so great every time I see it, there are many emotional payoffs in this movie when you consider the whole of what they've achieved. The Russo brothers have knocked every Marvel film they've made out of the park if you ask me. Winter Soldier is still the best film in the MCU I think, but I'd include a whole tier of MCU movies that are riiight there with how great that movie is and Civil War, Infinity War, and now Endgame all aren't far behind.

Pretty impressive accomplishment to not have your final film be some disappointment after spending so many years doing this story and they've set up some interesting what if TV stuff I hope we get to see played out with actual MCU actors.

Basically, no doors are closed, the Marvel universe has time travel and all sorts of other cosmic shit, nothing is off the table including ideas like the Living Tribunal, Galactus, hopefully the Beyonder and whatever else they want to do now. I dunno how Kang would look in live action and I think it'd be pretty easy to piss off fans doing it wrong, but what do I know.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just let her story be she is away helping other worlds and we never see her again.
She just makes no sense and I have no idea how anyone accepts her unless they are a lobotomized retard. Shes able to melt through Thanos' big bad battleship literally like a hot knife through butter and obliterate it in a matter of seconds, but she cant take on a hundred no name foot soldiers and needs team girl power to help her out? What the hell did Tony even snap away Thanos' remaining force for? She can fly around at the speed of light, she could have destroyed them all in a matter of seconds.

• 7Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
She just makes no sense and I have no idea how anyone accepts her unless they are a lobotomized retard. Shes able to melt through Thanos' big bad battleship literally like a hot knife through butter and obliterate it in a matter of seconds, but she cant take on a hundred no name foot soldiers and needs team girl power to help her out? What the hell did Tony even snap away Thanos' remaining force for? She can fly around at the speed of light, she could have destroyed them all in a matter of seconds.

Sure. And so could've Tony Stark's Mary-Sue-Nano-I-make-whatever-I-need-armour which did just fine in Infinity War ... not to mention the convenient "steal-power-stones" gauntlet.

There's plenty of shit like that in the MCU and always was, years before Captain Marvel ever appeared.

The logic solution would've been anyhow to have Captain Marvel do the snap after taking the gauntlet off Spiderman. She probably doesn't give one f about gamma radiation, but they kept her out to appease the frothing redneck trolls and instead dialed up the Stark-Mary-Sue one more time.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Sure. And so could've Tony Stark's Mary-Sue-Nano-I-make-whatever-I-need-armour which did just fine in Infinity War ... not to mention the convenient "steal-power-stones" gauntlet.

There's plenty of shit like that in the MCU and always was, years before Captain Marvel ever appeared.

The logic solution would've been anyhow to have Captain Marvel do the snap after taking the gauntlet off Spiderman. She probably doesn't give one f about gamma radiation, but they kept her out to appease the frothing redneck trolls and instead dialed up the Stark-Mary-Sue one more time.

Respectfully, it's at least somewhat believable for Tony Stark because we've seen him make incremental (and monumental) upgrades to his Iron Man armor over the last decade. I agree it's kinda retarded how it can do anything he thinks of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Where's that nano tech in non-super hero applications? At least Wakandan tech is fairly ubiquitous in their city, why wouldn't Stark have been making at least some bank off this stuff or at the very least providing it to first responders etc.

• 2Like