Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Where's that nano tech in non-super hero applications? At least Wakandan tech is fairly ubiquitous in their city, why wouldn't Stark have been making at least some bank off this stuff or at the very least providing it to first responders etc.

I mean.... it's a movie :) I always thought it was interesting the US Military never showed up to any of these battles, like in NYC, or at the end of Endgame, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Where's that nano tech in non-super hero applications? At least Wakandan tech is fairly ubiquitous in their city, why wouldn't Stark have been making at least some bank off this stuff or at the very least providing it to first responders etc.

In one of the IM movies it does show Stark at an overglorified "StarkTech" convention where chicks are cutting logs with repulsor gloves, etc... He's obviously still making bank off his stuff, because he has to keep funding this stupid sized company of his.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he didn't even bother to give pepper a nano tech suit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean.... it's a movie :) I always thought it was interesting the US Military never showed up to any of these battles, like in NYC, or at the end of Endgame, etc.
Easy answerr is that it takes time for the military to deploy. We could scramble some jets if it's decently close by, but that's about it.

spronk

FPS noob
on a more fun note here is Karen Killan aka Nebula aka hot chick in Jumanji on Craig Ferguson back in 2014. Nebula for new Captain Marvel

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
he didn't even bother to give pepper a nano tech suit.

does in the comics, she becomes a purely defensive iron man called rescue iirc

Not sure if that may/may not happen in phase 4 (5?) or whatever so putting it in spoilers.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
does in the comics, she becomes a purely defensive iron man called rescue iirc

Not sure if that may/may not happen in phase 4 (5?) or whatever so putting it in spoilers.
yea, End Game suit is RESCUE w/o nanotech, she also did have weapons(in comics), like fingernail lasers, i think repulsors too, i think she needed to be solar charged or something.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't remember much about weaponry, just that she had magnetic repulsors capable of stopping planes from crashing to some degree? Just vaguely remember the IM arc after civil war where Tony is wiping his own memory to keep the hero ID list out of norman osborns hands. Come to think of it, might have been after secret invasion when he kills the alien leader & becomes head of the avengers (?) but it's been a while since I read those.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
on subsequent viewings, i think overall i liked the movie less (still really enjoyed it) but the things that bothered me the first time, didn't really bother me that much anymore. i remember it being REALLY jarring when girl power team shows up out of nowhere, but it didn't bother me really at all this time. i'm guessing because i knew it was coming. which, i guess was my whole problem with it the first time. it didn't make any sense for it to happen because logistically there was no setup for it. i mean we've complained about it but the issue was that we see these women spread out ALL OVER the battlefield but the next time we see them, a few seconds later and they're all standing in one spot. if they had set up that they were converging or whatever it wouldn't have been a problem. so when i saw it again, i knew it was happening and it didn't bother me at all. like, i was surprised by how little it bothered me.

but yeah, the big sticking points didn't really get in the way, but the big emotional moments didn't really do much for me either. just kind of an odd thing.

... i don't really think it's based on knowing what's coming... i mean, a movie like memento... not knowing where things are going is essential to the story, but subsequent viewings doesn't detract from how well the story was put together. and a movie like galaxy quest. it's not really emotionally all that heavy, but it's like everytime you watch it you hear another joke that you never picked up on. obviously endgame was well done, but i don't think it has that je ne sais quoi that really sets it apart.

fris

Vyemm Raider
2nd viewing was very enjoyable. the 1st half was a bit more dull, I don't think it will be as rewatchable as other marvel movie. the 2nd half of this movie is very rewatchable though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't remember much about weaponry, just that she had magnetic repulsors capable of stopping planes from crashing to some degree? Just vaguely remember the IM arc after civil war where Tony is wiping his own memory to keep the hero ID list out of norman osborns hands. Come to think of it, might have been after secret invasion when he kills the alien leader & becomes head of the avengers (?) but it's been a while since I read those.
yea i think thats when osbourne confiscated all of Stark and JARVIS uploads to RESCUE to get away? He's director of shield and becomes Iron Patriot, leading the faux Dark Avengers w/ Moonstone, being a fake ms marvel and wolverines gay son as fake wolverine and venom in a spidy suit.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Rewatch the first Avengers. Iron Man literally guides a US nuke into the void Thanos's army is coming from.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Respectfully, it's at least somewhat believable for Tony Stark because we've seen him make incremental (and monumental) upgrades to his Iron Man armor over the last decade. I agree it's kinda retarded how it can do anything he thinks of.

She got her powers from an infinity stone just like Scarlet Witch and she pretty much 1v1'd Thanos and was winning til he used a hack.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The nuke was authorized by the counsel, which ended up being mostly Hydra anyways

Ugh, that makes me wonder how much cooler (it's already fantastic) Winter Soldier could have been if Redford's char had been played by Boothe. That dude played such a great sinister power-broker type character. RIP.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The reason why Tony didnt sell out his nano tech was the same damned reason he became iron man in the first place. he didnt want to have the military using his tech to kill people around the world.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
Saw it a second time today as well, was not really sure I was gonna since its so long. I am glad I did, I enjoyed it but not sure I'd see it a third time in theaters (I saw Infinity War like...5 times in theaters). The first 2 hours is not bad on rewatch, but kind of like a regular MCU movie with a lot of predictable stuff going on and pretty uneven pacing/story. Its not bad by any means but really only fun the first time.

From the second though Hulk snaps his fingers to the second Iron Man does, that is 45 minutes of fucking THIS SHIT IS FUCKING AWESOME. Its not just one single fight sequence, there is an ebb and flow I really appreciated a lot more on second watch, with so many iconic moments now like Cap standing solo against Thanos or the 3 main guys going in or Cap going super saiyan with mjolnir or Hawkeye radioing in or AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE. 15 seconds of a dumb "lets go, girls!" doesn't ruin the other 44 minutes and 45 seconds. I also really like on second rewatch how Tony beats Thanos not by being stronger or more powerful than him, but just outsmarting/tricking him.

I'm shocked at how much the box office numbers are though, this is really a movie that will be nearly incomprehensible without a pretty deep understanding of the MCU and characters, its freaking 3 hours long, and I'm not sure how many people really are gonna wanna rewatch it. Its just a testament to Feige and the Russos that they pulled this off, and really exposes Kathleen Kennedy for the fucking hack she is.

Day 1 buy on 4K UHD for me, a rewatch of Infinity War plus the last hour of End Game is almost as good as a threesome with Nebula and 2010 Black Widow

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
From the second though Hulk snaps his fingers to the second Iron Man does, that is 45 minutes of fucking THIS SHIT IS FUCKING AWESOME. Its not just one single fight sequence, there is an ebb and flow I really appreciated a lot more on second watch, with so many iconic moments now like Cap standing solo against Thanos or the 3 main guys going in or Cap going super saiyan with mjolnir or Hawkeye radioing in or AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE. 15 seconds of a dumb "lets go, girls!" doesn't ruin the other 44 minutes and 45 seconds. I also really like on second rewatch how Tony beats Thanos not by being stronger or more powerful than him, but just outsmarting/tricking him.

This times 1,000,000, I too found it just incredible. I love that look Tony has on his face, where he's the last one there with Thanos, and he looks so desperate trying to stop Thanos from snapping. Fucking just brilliant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Dunno if this has been talked about, but the best part of the movie was rocket bagging on marvel's hair. We needed more of that. Maybe there will be some outtakes.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm shocked at how much the box office numbers are though, this is really a movie that will be nearly incomprehensible without a pretty deep understanding of the MCU and characters, its freaking 3 hours long, and I'm not sure how many people really are gonna wanna rewatch it. Its just a testament to Feige and the Russos that they pulled this off, and really exposes Kathleen Kennedy for the fucking hack she is.
I'm not surprised at all. It's been clear for decades that conventional Hollywood wisdom with franchises from other media is utterly wrong.

You can film there movies at once and make a mega profit (Lord of the Rings), you can have 8 movie continuous storylines (Harry Potter) and you can have 20+ interlinked movies you have to watch all of to understand the final one (MCU). Most importantly you are faithful to the source material.

Yet you still see more often than not the unfaithful adaptation butchered into one movie by Hollywood paedophile degenerates with no love for the source material.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users