Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Saw it a second time today as well, was not really sure I was gonna since its so long. I am glad I did, I enjoyed it but not sure I'd see it a third time in theaters (I saw Infinity War like...5 times in theaters). The first 2 hours is not bad on rewatch, but kind of like a regular MCU movie with a lot of predictable stuff going on and pretty uneven pacing/story. Its not bad by any means but really only fun the first time.

From the second though Hulk snaps his fingers to the second Iron Man does, that is 45 minutes of fucking THIS SHIT IS FUCKING AWESOME. Its not just one single fight sequence, there is an ebb and flow I really appreciated a lot more on second watch, with so many iconic moments now like Cap standing solo against Thanos or the 3 main guys going in or Cap going super saiyan with mjolnir or Hawkeye radioing in or AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE. 15 seconds of a dumb "lets go, girls!" doesn't ruin the other 44 minutes and 45 seconds. I also really like on second rewatch how Tony beats Thanos not by being stronger or more powerful than him, but just outsmarting/tricking him.

I'm shocked at how much the box office numbers are though, this is really a movie that will be nearly incomprehensible without a pretty deep understanding of the MCU and characters, its freaking 3 hours long, and I'm not sure how many people really are gonna wanna rewatch it. Its just a testament to Feige and the Russos that they pulled this off, and really exposes Kathleen Kennedy for the fucking hack she is.

Day 1 buy on 4K UHD for me, a rewatch of Infinity War plus the last hour of End Game is almost as good as a threesome with Nebula and 2010 Black Widow

22 movies over 10 years with consistently increasing profits and the last 2 movies literally released a month apart should shit all over the "Star Wars Fatigue" nonsense

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I find it very rewatchable I have seen it 5 times, that 1080 cam torrent is the best cam i have ever dl'd.

As many have said, that last hour delivers non stop.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even the Marvel guys cant agree
Writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have worked with directors Anthony and Joe Russo on four Marvel Studios movies thus far, including the two most recent Avengers films, and while that group is typically simpatico, Avengers: Endgame is so complicated that it’s drawn a line in the sand, with each pair standing on opposing sides.

Keep reading to find out what they disagree about, but warning: there are major spoilers ahead.
Avengers: Endgame Time Travel Disagreement

Once you introduce time travel into a movie, it opens up a whole host of questions, and sometimes the answers are more complicated than they appear. Case in point: Markus and McFeely disagree with the Russo Brothers about how the film’s time travel works – specifically, about what happens with Chris Evans’ Old Captain America at the end of the movie.

In a conversation with Fandango, the interviewer asked the screenwriters if the film’s ending means that old Captain America was just hanging out while another Captain America was saving the day, and here’s how Markus responded:

“That is our theory. We are not experts on time travel, but the Ancient One specifically states that when you take an Infinity Stone out of a timeline it creates a new timeline. So Steve going back and just being there would not create a new timeline. So I reject the ‘Steve is in an alternate reality’ theory.
I do believe that there is simply a period in world history from about ’48 to now where there are two Steve Rogers. And anyway, for a large chunk of that one of them is frozen in ice. So it’s not like they’d be running into each other.”

That “alternate reality” theory he mentioned? That’s the one the Russos buy into. During a recent Q&A, they explained that in their minds, there were also two Captain Americas in the same universe…but there’s an important difference:

“For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.”

You’d think this would be something they all hammered out during their story sessions, but perhaps it points to a flaw in the storytelling. If even the people who spent months making the damn movie can’t agree on how it works, how are the rest of us supposed to parse it? Still, it’s impossible to deny that the end result of Cap’s story arc is emotionally resonant, even if we all still don’t quite understand the mechanics that got him there.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I find it very rewatchable I have seen it 5 times, that 1080 cam torrent is the best cam i have ever dl'd.

As many have said, that last hour delivers non stop.

There's something just amazing about Chris Evans' performance in that fight, and I think the reason it all hits home with us is that we've watched him fight relentlessly for like 7 movies already, so we know his will, and when he's so beat down at the end, can barely move, and finally gets up, exhausted, defeated, but not giving up, and then everyone comes in... it's just a completely overwhelming feeling. Blows my mind.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The reason why Tony didnt sell out his nano tech was the same damned reason he became iron man in the first place. he didnt want to have the military using his tech to kill people around the world.
his tech skirts morals, he gave his tech to a high school kid that has massacre'd a literal horde.

Remember when spidy had the gauntlet and he was getting mobbed he said "activate instant-kill" and his spidey legs were straight up jabbing aliens through the throat.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Sure. And so could've Tony Stark's Mary-Sue-Nano-I-make-whatever-I-need-armour which did just fine in Infinity War ... not to mention the convenient "steal-power-stones" gauntlet.

There's plenty of shit like that in the MCU and always was, years before Captain Marvel ever appeared.

The logic solution would've been anyhow to have Captain Marvel do the snap after taking the gauntlet off Spiderman. She probably doesn't give one f about gamma radiation, but they kept her out to appease the frothing redneck trolls and instead dialed up the Stark-Mary-Sue one more time.

I get you're just trying to use Mary Sue ironically because you thik it will piss off the "redneck trolls"--but you sound like a retard.

First, being powerful doesn't make you a Mary Sue. What makes you a Mary sue is not having to struggle with anything external. If the only thing you have to overcome is a beneficial flaw, like being too nice and selfless--you might be a Mary Sue. Multiple times over the course of the multi-decade story we see Iron Man's limitations. Yes, he's a genius--but they were careful about which field he could apply that in. Yeah, he's powerful...But his powers were given clear limitations and those limitations were brought center stage at every stage of his development. In every movie he's been in, his suit has pretty much been destroyed by the end--because the point of each movie was to show the limitations of the suit, over the powers.

Remember?

main-qimg-7a568b5beca4a812dfb23b3e147cdc2f

Remember?

Ironman.jpg

Remember?

In nearly every movie he's in, his suit has failed him and he's had to rely on growth or personal sacrifice to overcome. In addition, the other aspect of a Mary Sue is you have no issues in interpersonal relationships because of you own flaws (Everyone just automatically loves you). Stark literally fought the other avengers due to his own insecurities about his mistakes harming others. and his ego/duplicitous behavior when he thinks he's right--and it all evolved because of his own history of being shallow, selfish and destructive. He's a deeply flawed man.

Contrast that with Mrs Mary Sue who everyone she meets, even the Skrulls, instantly love her. And they love her despite her doing things like....blowing up a ship containing many of the last surviving members of their race, and then hunting them down and killing them! But hey, once she claimed "I'm good now!", homeboy Super Skrull couldn't wait to have some Coffee with her. Contrast this to Iron Man's relationships. Say with Thor, or Cap...do those guys spend all their time blowing smoke up his ass about how great and noble he is? Or do they call out his bullshit, as well as compliment?

There in is your difference. Iron Man is pretty far from a Mary Sue, Cap is MUCH closer to a Mary Sue. (Its not about power, its just that most Mary Sue's are powerful.)

Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
simple... for CAP.

he holds onto ONE of the stones...say space(tesseract), goes back in time to the 40's...lives in that timeline that stone came from,,,then when OLD returns stone in 1970
then goes back to the normal "original" timeline where he just left from...bam no "loophole" for that sort of thing

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I get you're just trying to use Mary Sue ironically because you thik it will piss off the "redneck trolls"--but you sound like a retard.

First, being powerful doesn't make you a Mary Sue. What makes you a Mary sue is not having to struggle with anything external. If the only thing you have to overcome is a beneficial flaw, like being too nice and selfless--you might be a Mary Sue. Multiple times over the course of the multi-decade story we see Iron Man's limitations. Yes, he's a genius--but they were careful about which field he could apply that in. Yeah, he's powerful...But his powers were given clear limitations and those limitations were brought center stage at every stage of his development. In every movie he's been in, his suit has pretty much been destroyed by the end--because the point of each movie was to show the limitations of the suit, over the powers.

Remember?

main-qimg-7a568b5beca4a812dfb23b3e147cdc2f

Remember?

View attachment 206680

Remember?

View attachment 206682

In nearly every movie he's in, his suit has failed him and he's had to rely on growth or personal sacrifice to overcome. In addition, the other aspect of a Mary Sue is you have no issues in interpersonal relationships because of you own flaws (Everyone just automatically loves you). Stark literally fought the other avengers due to his own insecurities about his mistakes harming others. and his ego/duplicitous behavior when he thinks he's right--and it all evolved because of his own history of being shallow, selfish and destructive. He's a deeply flawed man.

Contrast that with Mrs Mary Sue who everyone she meets, even the people the Skrulls, instantly love her. And they love her despite her doing things like....blowing up a ship containing many of the last surviving members of their race, and then hunting them down and killing them! But hey, once she claimed "I'm good now!", homeboy Super Skrull couldn't wait to have some Coffee with her. Contrast this to Iron Man's relationships. Say with Thor, or Cap...do those guys spend all their time blowing smoke up his ass about how great and noble he is? Or do they call out his bullshit, as well as compliment?

There in is your difference. Iron Man is pretty far from a Mary Sue, Cap is MUCH closer to a Mary Sue. (Its not about power, its just that most Mary Sue's are powerful.)

If I was gay, I'd give you a virtual blow job. Great post man, I appreciated and learned from your explanation of a Mary Sue.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
his tech skirts morals, he gave his tech to a high school kid that has massacre'd a literal horde.

Remember when spidy had the gauntlet and he was getting mobbed he said "activate instant-kill" and his spidey legs were straight up jabbing aliens through the throat.
he trusts peter, even tested him to make sure.
tumblr_onk00yGZ2K1r66tqro7_r1_500.gif

• 3Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...it didn't leave too much of an impact on society...
That's not 100% true. Lots of people were killing themselves after they watched it because they believed they would re-awaken in Pandora or some shit.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Sure. And so could've Tony Stark's Mary-Sue-Nano-I-make-whatever-I-need-armour which did just fine in Infinity War ... not to mention the convenient "steal-power-stones" gauntlet.

There's plenty of shit like that in the MCU and always was, years before Captain Marvel ever appeared.

The logic solution would've been anyhow to have Captain Marvel do the snap after taking the gauntlet off Spiderman. She probably doesn't give one f about gamma radiation, but they kept her out to appease the frothing redneck trolls and instead dialed up the Stark-Mary-Sue one more time.
I wish she would have been the hero to snap her fingers. She could have gotten cancer from the Gamma Rays like the real captain marvel(quantum bans) and died in the next movie. I think that movie would surpass any of the Infinity war movies.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I wish she would have been the hero to snap her fingers. She could have gotten cancer from the Gamma Rays like the real captain marvel(quantum bans) and died in the next movie. I think that movie would surpass any of the Infinity war movies.

LMAO. We could go on a cinematic journey with Captain Marvel as she gets double mastectomies, shaves her head, further questions her womanhood, and then ends with her getting a chemoport, then a pneumothorax, bowel obstruction, renal failure, salvage chemotherapy, and a morphine drip. Closing song: Kettering by The Antlers.

The sad truth of the matter, is that entire hypothetical movie would draw less emotion from us than the 1 minute scene in GOTG when Peter's mom dies.

spronk

FPS noob

"I am Iron Man"
"I can do this all day"
Captain America elevator scene
Spiderman introduced into MCU
Captain America picks up Thor's hammer
The Snap
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 ending when the group becomes a team

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thing I don’t understand is why not give Thanos more to say. Brolin is a great actor and some more dialogue while he’s battling cap and iron man woulda made sense to me. 2014 thanos Was somehow more one dimensional which was a huge disappointment in retrospect because he was such a cool villain in infinity war.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The thing I don’t understand is why not give Thanos more to say. Brolin is a great actor and some more dialogue while he’s battling cap and iron man woulda made sense to me. 2014 thanos Was somehow more one dimensional which was a huge disappointment in retrospect because he was such a cool villain in infinity war.

I would watch “Thanos”: The Hand of Fate if it starred Brolin.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users