Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Are there any after credit scenes?

No, not really. There is an audio stinger at the very end of the credits, but there is nothing to see, and it has no words. You hear a few sound effects but it's unknown what it implies or means at the moment.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Great movie, hilarious despite serious undertone.

Regarding Captain Marvels role, mild spoilers ahoy
Why was captain #metoo on press tour at all, she was barely in the movie fortunately, less than 5% propably. Or was it disneys yet another try at boosting her own movies' sales

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Me and the famn damily cannot see it this weekend. I am probably going to, for the first time ever, watch one of those cam version because I don’t want to wait but don’t have the choice but don’t wanna wait so I ain’t gonna.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ok so I got the leaked info I said I would have to get. I'm not going to say whether or not I'm going to see it. But. If you're like me and can't wait another moment cringing to see if Captain Marvel ends Thanos.....

Iron Man gets the gauntlet and smokes him with a snap

• 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok so I got the leaked info I said I would have to get. I'm not going to say whether or not I'm going to see it. But. If you're like me and can't wait another moment cringing to see if Captain Marvel ends Thanos.....

Iron Man gets the gauntlet and smokes him with a snap
honestly, i don't know why i didn't expect it. the MCU started with ironman, makes perfect sense that it would end with him as well. captain marvel had little to no speaking lines, so she was pretty great in the 5 minutes we had to see her. also, the silly girl power thing at the end was silly.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It was pretty good.

There was one cringey scene where Captain Josie and the Pussycats plow Thanos' army. You go girls.
There was another scene that was supposed to be emotional but the acting was just plain flat. But I can't even remember it so can't be that big of a deal.
I know it's a child actor, but they couldn't have gotten more emotion out of her daddy dieing? This is not the aforementioned. Just tell her the Roblox servers have been shutdown and then film the next 10 minutes.
Are we supposed to believe that Chubby Thor was so out of shape that he wouldn't have immediately owned a gauntletless Thanos?
Killing Stark feels cheap and undermines his statement not to roll the dice on his family. With the literal circus of heroes present, Stark taking the lethal snap was lazy writing.
Good to see they were consistent about the Children of Thanos being a bunch of bitches. I don't even remember how Proxima and Ebony Maw died.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This movie is gonna make all the monies. Fuck that was good.
yes it was very good, exceptional.
too bad my worries in the spiderman2 thread are a reality. best part for me was Cap wielding Moljnir. worst part was captain cupcake failing with her bitch squad. jesus christ, Thanos even without any Infinity Stones is goddamn near unstoppable powerhouse. holy shit. this movie pushed a lot of emotional buttons in me. that cam copy was utter trash, i will see it in the theater when the fanboys stop seeing it 200 times.
this movie made me feel like it was the last day of high school. sad and happy. 10/10

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
yes it was very good, exceptional.
too bad my worries in the spiderman2 thread are a reality. best part for me was Cap wielding Moljnir. worst part was captain cupcake failing with her bitch squad. jesus christ, Thanos even without any Infinity Stones is goddamn near unstoppable powerhouse. holy shit. this movie pushed a lot of emotional buttons in me. that cam copy was utter trash, i will see it in the theater when the fanboys stop seeing it 200 times.
this movie made me feel like it was the last day of high school. sad and happy. 10/10

I watched the cam too cuz I was spoiled twice today and was getting pissed. I can't see it til like mid next week. I am definitely seeing this in theaters.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus christ this movie was one long ass circle-jerk.

I THOUGHT they would make some meaningful progress in making a marvel movie with depth..nerp.

Anyone explain to me how they got whatever thing loki ported away with or was that a red-herring and not a stone?

I really hoped they would leave us with more than Captain SJW, Stark and African American Widow dead OR maybe make the return snap not even close to the OG snap. SOMETHING where the world still feels loss and it isn't just glossed over like some silly bullshit.

• 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This is a frankenstein's monster of a script, as it has to serve as sequel, 10 year summary, and End of Contract rewrite, and I guess I admired it more than enjoyed it:

That's an interesting way to unsnap. So we have families where one kid is now 5 years older than the siblings? What about all the people who remarried, or got evicted, or what have you in those 5 years? Every job position was replaced, and how many people lived in buildings that no longer exist? Every kid in SpiderMan 2 got snapped? Or is that why Ned's girlfriend is out of nowhere, because she was in fourth grade during the last movie?

Iron Man - I don't care? Downey's had such a weird connection with the universe, essentially being written out after his first contract ended with Avengers 2, and being the defacto villain for half the time, that I just don't feel anything. If anything, I'm actively annoyed that he's still smarter than everyone, a better blacksmith than the dwarf giants, etc.

Cap - Yeah, it was predictable, but it was still effective. Seeing Cap finally break out Mjolnir was great, and technically, they can still do prequel movies with him in the 40s/50s/60s if the franchise flags. What's weird is I think this was set in stone by the time Ant-Man rolled around - they obliquely mention "her husband" in regards to Peggy in a way that sounded pointed even then. It is odd that Peggy's niece never met her uncle, however. Though I love that Bucky knows what Cap will do before he does it, and I guess if we are following the comics, Captain Falcon has to happen before Captain Bucky.

Thor - And here's where everyone hates this. On one hand, Valkyrie is literally one of two named Asgardians that are believed alive, the other being Sif - but why the hell would Sif not take precedence for the throne vs. someone who abandoned Asgard for literally centuries, if Thor wasn't alive when Hela was around. Not to mention the hammers establish that Thor is still worthy to rule. Fat Thor is amusing and not really that out of character, but if Hemsworth hadn't agreed to more movies, this would have been a wet fart of a sendoff for him.

Black Widow - I understand what they are going for, the least two powerful characters out of the bunch are literally fighting over who gets to make the ultimate sacrifice, but she's been such a non-character that I just don't care. Her relationship with Banner is strangely unmentioned here.

Hulk - It was always going to be awkward, as I believe Universal has the rights for any solo Hulk movie, but "Grey Hulk" was an underwhelming mess, neither serving as coda to the character or effective in its own right. I'm half convinced they did it just so Ruffalo can do motion capture for a day or two in any Marvel movies going forward instead of actually appearing on set.

Captain NoPenis - Not as annoying as I feared, though her power level is still off the charts compared to anyone else. Her getting owned as soon as an Infinity Gem got involved is a proper power level. The Lady Force sequence was far more cringeworthy.

Alt-Loki/Gamora - That's going to be weird. Or is Alt-Loki even around, or are we in another another timeline now? Speaking of which, how can Nebula shoot herself? Honestly, I'm actively confused by what the rules are.

The future - I mean, we know there'll be more Spiderman / Doctor Strange / Guardians / Black Panther in the future, but I'm not sure if I'm more surprised or appreciative they didn't clog up the goodbyes with ads for next year's product.

P.S. Who was the boy(?) at the end on the right in the mourners just before it pans to Captain Marvel? Was that the kid from Iron Man 3?

P.P.S. Gotta love that the Winter Soldier section has another Community cameo.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Pretty incredible.
Jesus christ this movie was one long ass circle-jerk.

I THOUGHT they would make some meaningful progress in making a marvel movie with depth..nerp.

Anyone explain to me how they got whatever thing loki ported away with or was that a red-herring and not a stone?

I really hoped they would leave us with more than Captain SJW, Stark and African American Widow dead OR maybe make the return snap not even close to the OG snap. SOMETHING where the world still feels loss and it isn't just glossed over like some silly bullshit.

They failed so they went to a different point in the timeline. Loki got away. That timeline could even be the launching point for his Disney+ series for all we know.

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty incredible.

They failed so they went to a different point in the timeline. Loki got away. That timeline could even be the launching point for his Disney+ series for all we know.

HAHA so I didn't misread that scene, I thought maybe I missed something because I was playing a game and watching the movie:

I was sitting there going like, "Uhhh didn't he just port away with the fucking thing they needed?" Guess that was the point of them going "ONE LAYER DEEPER!"

The Hulk vs the old master thing made me chuckle at first then cringe then facepalm, like 90% of all avengers movies can basically be solved by people talking things over more than 30 seconds.

Man am I glad a pirate this shit.

• 1Picard

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This is a frankenstein's monster of a script, as it has to serve as sequel, 10 year summary, and End of Contract rewrite, and I guess I admired it more than enjoyed it:

That's an interesting way to unsnap. So we have families where one kid is now 5 years older than the siblings? What about all the people who remarried, or got evicted, or what have you in those 5 years? Every job position was replaced, and how many people lived in buildings that no longer exist? Every kid in SpiderMan 2 got snapped? Or is that why Ned's girlfriend is out of nowhere, because she was in fourth grade during the last movie?

Iron Man - I don't care? Downey's had such a weird connection with the universe, essentially being written out after his first contract ended with Avengers 2, and being the defacto villain for half the time, that I just don't feel anything. If anything, I'm actively annoyed that he's still smarter than everyone, a better blacksmith than the dwarf giants, etc.

Cap - Yeah, it was predictable, but it was still effective. Seeing Cap finally break out Mjolnir was great, and technically, they can still do prequel movies with him in the 40s/50s/60s if the franchise flags. What's weird is I think this was set in stone by the time Ant-Man rolled around - they obliquely mention "her husband" in regards to Peggy in a way that sounded pointed even then. It is odd that Peggy's niece never met her uncle, however. Though I love that Bucky knows what Cap will do before he does it, and I guess if we are following the comics, Captain Falcon has to happen before Captain Bucky.

Thor - And here's where everyone hates this. On one hand, Valkyrie is literally one of two named Asgardians that are believed alive, the other being Sif - but why the hell would Sif not take precedence for the throne vs. someone who abandoned Asgard for literally centuries, if Thor wasn't alive when Hela was around. Not to mention the hammers establish that Thor is still worthy to rule. Fat Thor is amusing and not really that out of character, but if Hemsworth hadn't agreed to more movies, this would have been a wet fart of a sendoff for him.

Black Widow - I understand what they are going for, the least two powerful characters out of the bunch are literally fighting over who gets to make the ultimate sacrifice, but she's been such a non-character that I just don't care. Her relationship with Banner is strangely unmentioned here.

Hulk - It was always going to be awkward, as I believe Universal has the rights for any solo Hulk movie, but "Grey Hulk" was an underwhelming mess, neither serving as coda to the character or effective in its own right. I'm half convinced they did it just so Ruffalo can do motion capture for a day or two in any Marvel movies going forward instead of actually appearing on set.

Captain NoPenis - Not as annoying as I feared, though her power level is still off the charts compared to anyone else. Her getting owned as soon as an Infinity Gem got involved is a proper power level. The Lady Force sequence was far more cringeworthy.

Alt-Loki/Gamora - That's going to be weird. Or is Alt-Loki even around, or are we in another another timeline now? Speaking of which, how can Nebula shoot herself? Honestly, I'm actively confused by what the rules are.

The future - I mean, we know there'll be more Spiderman / Doctor Strange / Guardians / Black Panther in the future, but I'm not sure if I'm more surprised or appreciative they didn't clog up the goodbyes with ads for next year's product.

P.S. Who was the boy(?) at the end on the right in the mourners just before it pans to Captain Marvel? Was that the kid from Iron Man 3?

P.P.S. Gotta love that the Winter Soldier section has another Community cameo.

Actually I think they did a lot of setup, it's just not obvious right now. Loki, Falcon, Bucky, Wanda all getting their own shows that are in canon on Disney+. I think we'll see Falcon / Bucky reworked closer to launch to reflect one of them is now also Captain America. Loki I think they said was in the past, we'll see if there was any misdirection there or if it's just the older timeline Loki that got away. For Wanda I'm not sure how they'll bring Vision back, no setup for that really other than showing her really cut loose (which was awesome), perhaps we could see her reality alteration bring him back into existence. Would love for them to dive into her going nuts like in the comics, but that was tied to mutants.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Actually I think they did a lot of setup, it's just not obvious right now. Loki, Falcon, Bucky, Wanda all getting their own shows that are in canon on Disney+. I think we'll see Falcon / Bucky reworked closer to launch to reflect one of them is now also Captain America. Loki I think they said was in the past, we'll see if there was any misdirection there or if it's just the older timeline Loki that got away. For Wanda I'm not sure how they'll bring Vision back, no setup for that really other than showing her really cut loose (which was awesome), perhaps we could see her reality alteration bring him back into existence. Would love for them to dive into her going nuts like in the comics, but that was tied to mutants.
cap went back to put all the stones back where they originally were... which would mean that... i guess vision still would get made and end up with it? or we'll get some cool monocrhome vision that wanda magics back into existence.

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
It was pretty good.

There was one cringey scene where Captain Josie and the Pussycats plow Thanos' army. You go girls.
There was another scene that was supposed to be emotional but the acting was just plain flat. But I can't even remember it so can't be that big of a deal.
I know it's a child actor, but they couldn't have gotten more emotion out of her daddy dieing? This is not the aforementioned. Just tell her the Roblox servers have been shutdown and then film the next 10 minutes.
Are we supposed to believe that Chubby Thor was so out of shape that he wouldn't have immediately owned a gauntletless Thanos?
Killing Stark feels cheap and undermines his statement not to roll the dice on his family. With the literal circus of heroes present, Stark taking the lethal snap was lazy writing.
Good to see they were consistent about the Children of Thanos being a bunch of bitches. I don't even remember how Proxima and Ebony Maw died.
8/10
Would have been 10/10 except for the Captain Marvel girl power crap. That part alone ruined the entire rest of the movie's vibe for me. It was so forced and not needed at all.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users