Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Saw it, loved it, will see again, fucking movie made my cry a few times....

End "scene"

Did noone catching it?

7 bells ring... 7 bells means....the end

Also

The “Toll of Seven” is the final toll of the bell at a funeral. At the concluding of the Military portion of the ceremony, after the officer has presented the Flag, the bell will toll seven times signifying a “Life given for ones Country”— seven being number of completion—life is complete –the 7 rings are five seconds apart.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Great movie. Fight scenes were good, but a lot of characters were left out.

Groot do anything cool? Not really. Falcon fucking wing-stabbed that big bitch though, and that ruled. Cap wielding Mjolnir I'd knew was coming for years, like, Avengers 1 and beyond, and was so fucking excited for it to happen. Thor's "I knew it!" made me laugh.

America's ass was great. Definitely a reference to the Holland/Brie thing. But they made it about a guy, so they got you nerds!

The girl power thing was fine. There are women who watch these things and are fans. They literally got a 20-30 second scene for them. Calm the fuck down you neckbeard faggots. I hope Tarrant starts deleting Chuk's videos after the 2nd or 3rd one from some fat bearded nerd surrounded by toys with 3000 youtube subscribers talking about how this ruined his childhood or some nonsense.

Thor was great. Thor is always great.

I 100% thought Stark was dead when he had a girl. I thought Cap was going to take one for him because of the build up, but I guess they started with RDJ, they gotta finish with him. This actually leaves Cap in a cool position as a mentor type who doesn't have to do anything but sit in make-up in some sort of Avengers retirement home and tell Black Panther and Scarlet Witch to do the right thing or whatever. And you know in like 6 years there's going to be a scene where Old-Man-Rogers fucks some villain up at age 110. And we'll love it.

So, assuming ALL Thanos existences were snapped out of existence. That's my thoughts, otherwise they only killed 1 (Main multiverse) and the other (2014 multiverse) and the other timelines would all still contain a Thanos.

Also sad Rocket and Winter Soldier didn't really do shit in the final fight. Bucky just sat there fucking plinking and I don't remember Rocket doing anything at all. And War Machine never used some sort of Capcom OH SHIT move on anything. Disappointing.

Overall 9.25/10 I think.

• 3Like
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Great movie. Fight scenes were good, but a lot of characters were left out.

Groot do anything cool? Not really. Falcon fucking wing-stabbed that big bitch though, and that ruled. Cap wielding Mjolnir I'd knew was coming for years, like, Avengers 1 and beyond, and was so fucking excited for it to happen. Thor's "I knew it!" made me laugh.

America's ass was great. Definitely a reference to the Holland/Brie thing. But they made it about a guy, so they got you nerds!

The girl power thing was fine. There are women who watch these things and are fans. They literally got a 20-30 second scene for them. Calm the fuck down you neckbeard faggots. I hope Tarrant starts deleting Chuk's videos after the 2nd or 3rd one from some fat bearded nerd surrounded by toys with 3000 youtube subscribers talking about how this ruined his childhood or some nonsense.

Thor was great. Thor is always great.

I 100% thought Stark was dead when he had a girl. I thought Cap was going to take one for him because of the build up, but I guess they started with RDJ, they gotta finish with him. This actually leaves Cap in a cool position as a mentor type who doesn't have to do anything but sit in make-up in some sort of Avengers retirement home and tell Black Panther and Scarlet Witch to do the right thing or whatever. And you know in like 6 years there's going to be a scene where Old-Man-Rogers fucks some villain up at age 110. And we'll love it.

So, assuming ALL Thanos existences were snapped out of existence. That's my thoughts, otherwise they only killed 1 (Main multiverse) and the other (2014 multiverse) and the other timelines would all still contain a Thanos.

Also sad Rocket and Winter Soldier didn't really do shit in the final fight. Bucky just sat there fucking plinking and I don't remember Rocket doing anything at all. And War Machine never used some sort of Capcom OH SHIT move on anything. Disappointing.

Overall 9.25/10 I think.
keep dreaming pal, he isnt your savior from me.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Waiting through the credits, immediate commentary is that a super hero isn't supposed to do me dirty like this.

The first showing that wasn't a special showing, the theater treated it like a prime time drama. Absolute silence at the end. Surprised there wasn't a two minute black screen before the credits.

Who was that kidish looking guy standing by himself that they focused on before Captain Marvel at the funeral scene? Wasn't Spider-Man or any other recognizable character... That I could tell...?

Would love to know as well, I am stumped

faille

Molten Core Raider
Waiting through the credits, immediate commentary is that a super hero isn't supposed to do me dirty like this.

The first showing that wasn't a special showing, the theater treated it like a prime time drama. Absolute silence at the end. Surprised there wasn't a two minute black screen before the credits.

Who was that kidish looking guy standing by himself that they focused on before Captain Marvel at the funeral scene? Wasn't Spider-Man or any other recognizable character... That I could tell...?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
10/10 as far as movies go; 8/10 as a MCU movie.

Thought I was watching Professor Hulk & Friends at one point. Not that its a bad thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When Ant-Man first comes back from his test run he pulls off his hat and I swear to God it looked like an F symbol on the hat, not an A....

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Loved cant wait to see it again in Imax 3d.

lets talk #spoil this movie

Cap decides to stay back does he alter the timeline, does he tell them about hydra? So there was no dmg done to the timeline b/c the stones were returned.

did Gamora get dusted? What is the next arc? where do they go from here? NO POST CREDIT FUCK THAT.

does BW get to spend eternity with Thanos and his people?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Loved cant wait to see it again in Imax 3d.

lets talk #spoil this movie

Cap decides to stay back does he alter the timeline, does he tell them about hydra? So there was no dmg done to the timeline b/c the stones were returned.

did Gamora get dusted? What is the next arc? where do they go from here? NO POST CREDIT FUCK THAT.

does BW get to spend eternity with Thanos and his people?
Cap is preserving the timeline, telling everyone about hydra would alter that
2018 Gamora was sacrificed by Thanos to achieve the Soulstone in Infinity War. she is dead. this Gamora is 2014 Gamora
Natasha sacrificed herself so Ronin could achieve the Soulstone, she is currently dead.
there was no post credit scene, BUT there was a post credit sound, it was Tony hammering steel when he built his Iron Man protostype suit in Iron Man, the MCU started and ended with Iron Man

Qhue

Trump's Staff

I wondered the exact same thing...

turns out it was the kid from Iron Man 3, all grown up

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you got your panties in a wad over the girl team up...dude, really. Pepper being there to begin with was ridiculous, but the whole premise of the movie was fucking absurd. My thoughts were, "oh, that's cheesy," but also "that's fucking awesome." My anti-sjw was quelled enough to just accept it as fan service for a bunch of tertiary characters. The entire Guardians were fairly overshadowed, Mantis had like one scene where she stood in the background, Drax got a funny moment where he stabbed someone, Starlord had a few moments, and we got maybe two "I am Groots".... but they'll have a movie in 2020 or 2021.

I'm disappointed it was Tony that snapped, and not Nebula. Would have more matched the comics and rewarded that character for her suffering and the fact that her past self died, but it was a fair send off for RDJ. And it wouldn't have been nearly as impactful if it was anyone else. It could have been Captain A, but he needed his happy ending.

Fuck... I need a minute. I'm still absorbing this one.

I think the reality that I've been reading this shit since I was a kid, saw the first screening of Ironman back 11 years ago, and all that is just heavy weight on the realization that I'm that much older now. Still, I experienced a childlike giddy excited feeling I hadn't felt in ages during the scene where Captain dons the hammer, everyone comes back, and that fucking moneyshot final battle....

Spewking of which, that was a montage of all the major players, the majority of which were male. Having a female scene was just... Balance.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I don't know how they can ever top the sheer magnitude of the 10-year-long first 3 phases.

They will have to pull some amazing versions of the Fantastic Four / Xmen to even come close.

Was good to have Jon Favreau in it as he really does deserve credit for the whole freaking thing. What he kicked off with a single post-credits scene and no real plans to do anything else turned into all of this.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I could have watched another hour of that final battle just to see other people fighting a bit more but I get it. This was the ultimate swan song for the original 6. I could think of a list of things I would rather have seen or seen more of but it was a perfect ending to the journey. I'm really curious to see where it goes from here. Who keeps going, who's part of the next 10 years? Is anyone ever really dead? I'm sure the original are going to take somewhat of a much deserved break but this going to be hard to beat.

I didn't mind the girl power scene. I saw it more of a nod to Wanda being alone and then Captain Marvel being somewhat of the loner and all the ladies were looking out for each other. Also, if had a daughter, she would have scene a 2-3 minute moment out of a 3+ hour movie that was a little girl power. Sure, it was a little forced and maybe even cheesy but that was blip of a moment.

Movie was just good. I lost count of how many lines or scenes were payoffs to past moments in the film. Nearly every other line was a payoff to something else. Kudos to the writers somehow pulling everything together and connecting so many dots.

I'm guessing Thor will be in GotG3? Banner will be the in-house scientist with cameos? I'm not a fan of the shield going to Falcon because he can't really carry a movie. Bucky is essentially a super soldier with a cool redemption arc opportunity but I'm certain Bucky knew what was going to happen. He seemed in on it.

Going to see it again tomorrow and taking my kids again but this time with a herd of their friends so looking forward to catching some easter eggs and anything else I may have missed.

• 3Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Falcon has already been Captain America in the comics, though. He's been red/white/blue and everything.

Anyone else wonder...?
Hawkeye goes around the world murdering bad guys for a few years, then goes back home to being a family man?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
does MCU Falcon have any powers?
No he just has his mechanical wings.
How in the hell did Cap channel lightning and zap Thanos? Didn't Odin tell Thor in Ragnorok that his power didn't come from his hammer but only channeled it?

Last edited: