Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Eh, nitpicking would still exist, especially here. If it wasn’t that it would be something else. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Sobbing Tourette’s sufferer, 15, booted from Avengers: Endgame screening for squawking like bird

author image Jimmy McCloskey
Saturday 27 Apr 2019 12:09 pm

A 15 year-old Tourette syndrome sufferer sobbed after being pressured to leave an Avengers: Endgame screening for squawking like a bird.

Emily Womack’s mother Tina, 47, was pulled aside by a manager who told her nine people had complained. The worker spoke out after Emily began to experience tics during the trailers before the Marvel superhero movie at her local AMC theater in Duncan, Oklahoma, on Thursday night.

Tina, who had scrimped and saved for the $61 surprise treat told Metro US: ‘One of Emily’s ticks happens to be a very loud squawk.

‘What she does is where we go anywhere in public, is that she gets them all out before she has to try and suppress them during the movie.

‘So she was extra tic-y because she was around people.

‘A manager came and tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to come out in the hallway.

‘When we got in the hallway he told me nine people in the theater had come out and complained about her tics.

‘I said “Oh well thats not a problem, she’s not going to do it during the movie…you wont hear a peep out of her.”’

‘And he said “Well I do have to ask that you guys would possibly consider leaving the theater, because I do have to go by what my patrons are concerned about, and they paid to see the movie. “

I said “Are you for real?”

He said “Yeah, I can’t tell you to leave. I’m not allowed to tell you that, but I think that would be best.”’

Legal worker Tina put her foot down and refused to go – but said Emily, whose condition makes her emit sounds involuntarily, was so distressed when she realized what had happened that she no longer felt comfortable staying.

She recalled: ‘Emily’s getting stressed and so tics are getting worse. She’s starting to tear up and she said “I don’t think I can stay in here now.” Everybody’s watching me. We got out into the hallway, the manager rushed us out the door.

‘We were devastated for my daughter. She is a good good girl.

‘She’s a good student, she loves people and she didn’t deserve that.

‘We don’t have a lot of money, so taking her to this movie was a huge deal for us.

‘We experience a lot of issues with her Tourette syndrome, but this was one of the most heartbreaking.’

Tina, her husband Andrew, 43, and Emily, were handed four free movie passes and vouchers for food and drinks.

But the family was so upset by the experience that they now plan to drive 45 minutes to a drive-in theater so Emily can watch the movie without being stressed.

The Womacks contacted AMC’s head office to complain, but have yet to hear back from them.

Tina says she appreciates that no-one wants their movie spoiled by noise.

But she says Emily sat quietly through the previous Avengers installment, and is angry her Marvel-mad daughter was denied the chance to do the same again.

She explained: ‘I understand if you’re paying to see a movie you want to see a movie not listen to noise.

‘I get that 100% and I wouldn’t take her if there would be noise. ‘My biggest issue is that they didn’t give her a chance.’

Metro US has contacted AMC for a comment.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
  • 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Well, the time travel ultimately will and won't ever hold up to super-critical analysis.

There're movies (books, comics, etc..) that put a lot more effort into making it makes sense and still failed, and in Endgame, they essentially just threw just enough time-techno-babble at the screen to get around the "why not kill baby-Thanos"-question and actually make the plot about stone-retrieval, rather than change-something-in-the-past, and went with the rule-of-cool from there.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Get that shit out of the theater on opening fucking weekend. Same thing, don't bring your young kids to the theater opening weekend if they're going to talk the whole fucking movie and lose attention an hour into it, then be jumping in the isles, etc. They fucking wait to see it. Tourette bitch could wait a couple of weeks for the theaters to be way less full of die hard fans to see the fucking movie!!!

I'm off today, I'd love to go see the movie again, but I have my daughter, who is 5, and she loves the Avengers but I know will quit paying attention an hour into the movie, start asking when it's over, talk at normal volume levels the entire time asking questions, and start jumping around. So guess what I'm doing? Staying home, playing with her, and drinking some alcohol. I'm not dragging her into the theater on opening weekend so she can ruin all of your experiences.

People act like we should all just accept whatever stupid shit they KNOWINGLY bring to the party. Fuck that. If you squawk like a bird loudly, you KNOW you're going to ruin the movie for hundreds of people in the theater. Stay in your cage at home, suck on copper pennies, shut the fuck up, and go in a few weeks when you're not a hindrance to society.

<3

Love,
Falxy

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Well, the time travel ultimately will and won't ever hold up to super-critical analysis.

There're movies (books, comics, etc..) that put a lot more effort into making it makes sense and still failed, and in Endgame, they essentially just threw just enough time-techno-babble at the screen to get around the "why not kill baby-Thanos"-question and actually make the plot about stone-retrieval, rather than change-something-in-the-past, and went with the rule-of-cool from there.

Yeah, I'm just scrolling past the time travel debate posts. Clearly tons of shit to nitpick there. I feel like in a universe where there are multiple gods, magical stones, flying people, wizards, aliens, etc, I can let whatever the movie decides about time travel pass without worrying about it. Oh also Brie Larson can talk in the vacuum of space, amazing.

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This thread is why I hate time travel as a solution in movies, it works with ‘unthinking’ viewers but anyone who likes to critically analyze their entertainment, like me, will always get hung up on paradoxical situations and questions with answers that will never satisfy when the the real answer is;

Just because

Ah what a curse, so much smarter than everyone else yet not smart enough to just let it go and have fun. What Heavy burden you must carry.....

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This thread is why I hate time travel as a solution in movies, it works with ‘unthinking’ viewers but anyone who likes to critically analyze their entertainment, like me, will always get hung up on paradoxical situations and questions with answers that will never satisfy when the the real answer is;

Just because

/r/iamverysmart

• 2Worf

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I just look at the Time Travel details as they needed to explain just enough for the movie to work, while constantly beating it into the audiences heads that "Hey, Time Travel is dangerous" so that people aren't sitting in theaters in any other Marvel movie going "Yo, sum1 call dat AntMan and get dem Pim Patricles so we can fix dis sheeeeeeit."

Can't really have any threat or danger if audiences think you can just undo all the bad stuff every movie. This movie layed out that its possible to do, but we saw how its easy to fuck up and make things worse.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I don't have any problems with old cap showing up on the bench. You already saw earlier that Cap and IM could go from 2012 to 1970 using only the bracelets and no landing pad by simply plugging in new coordinates. Why couldn't he simply do the same when returning the stones. It's not totally consistent obviously but I think the pad maybe just acts like a beacon that makes returning safer so you don't appear inside someone/something else or something like that.

Edit: He had to have some kind of portable multi jump power since the stones were taken from 3 different timelines and he didn't have to bounce back to present after returning each.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider

Should've had cap do the snap and die and let stark retire so the prevailing nitpicking wouldn't exist.

This article and that one scene that really took me out of the movie in the end and makes this one of those movies I'll watch once and probably never again. They had me but made some very basic stupid mistakes.

It all took away from the you know who send off for me. The final fight was very cool, but short. I needed more scenes like Scarlet Witch vs. Thanos. I really liked seeing Pepper and Tony fighting together, but once again it was too short.

I also have zero interest in the future marvel phases as a whole. While that doesn't mean I won't see a one off like GoTG 3, it would take extreme word of mouth to get me anywhere near a Black Panther or Captain Marvel movie.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It all depends on the direction MCU heads and lots of other factors but trying to compare phase 4 to IW & Endgame are wrong in my opinion. IM1, Thor1, Cap1, and the other phase 1 movies didn't earn 1 billion. It took years and multiple movies to generate the interest we've got today. If Phase 4 starts slowly and world builds the way we've seen over the past decade I don't think it's impossible that in another 10 years we have another epic conclusion. I'm not saying it will be easy, but with the possibilities from having XMen and F4 in the fold I think it's doable.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Get that shit out of the theater on opening fucking weekend. Same thing, don't bring your young kids to the theater opening weekend if they're going to talk the whole fucking movie and lose attention an hour into it, then be jumping in the isles, etc. They fucking wait to see it. Tourette bitch could wait a couple of weeks for the theaters to be way less full of die hard fans to see the fucking movie!!!

I'm off today, I'd love to go see the movie again, but I have my daughter, who is 5, and she loves the Avengers but I know will quit paying attention an hour into the movie, start asking when it's over, talk at normal volume levels the entire time asking questions, and start jumping around. So guess what I'm doing? Staying home, playing with her, and drinking some alcohol. I'm not dragging her into the theater on opening weekend so she can ruin all of your experiences.

People act like we should all just accept whatever stupid shit they KNOWINGLY bring to the party. Fuck that. If you squawk like a bird loudly, you KNOW you're going to ruin the movie for hundreds of people in the theater. Stay in your cage at home, suck on copper pennies, shut the fuck up, and go in a few weeks when you're not a hindrance to society.

<3

Love,
Falxy
Couple people next to me in the same row snuck in some snacks from outside. The crinkly wrapper kind, and they immediately realized how bad it was but then tried to break off a piece very slowly which only prolonged the whole endeavor. Damn retards.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

in a single weekend it has already reached #18 on the worldwide box office all time. Should easily hit #2 beating Titanic at 2.187b, the only question really at this point is will it beat Avatar to take the top spot worldwide. No real competition in the forseeable future for the top 3 spots either, I doubt Star Wars Episode 9 has a shot.

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't have any problems with old cap showing up on the bench. You already saw earlier that Cap and IM could go from 2012 to 1970 using only the bracelets and no landing pad by simply plugging in new coordinates. Why couldn't he simply do the same when returning the stones. It's not totally consistent obviously but I think the pad maybe just acts like a beacon that makes returning safer so you don't appear inside someone/something else or something like that.

Edit: He had to have some kind of portable multi jump power since the stones were taken from 3 different timelines and he didn't have to bounce back to present after returning each.

Very good point.

He also had all 6 infinity stones. Drop off the space and time stones last =p

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Couple people next to me in the same row snuck in some snacks from outside. The crinkly wrapper kind, and they immediately realized how bad it was but then tried to break off a piece very slowly which only prolonged the whole endeavor. Damn retards.

We had two infants in our theater... wtf.

One had a 3 and 5 ish year olds brothers which were way more annoying. They left halfway through. The other infant sat through the three hour movie without a peep. I was amazed.

• 1Like