Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I thought Feige said they scrapped the concurrent filming plan?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Allegedly the cast, screenwriters, and directors cost of Infinity War (part 1 & 2, not just one movie) is $400m with $200m of that going to Robert Downey Jr.

Doesn't seem like a reasonable division of the budget to give $200-freakin-million to RDJ.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The current edit of this is at 2.5 hours ... and they still have scenes to shoot and add in.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Did infinity war part 2 get canceled? Is this the end of the road for marvel universe 1.0?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
No, they're just not called pt.1 and pt.2 anymore.

Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: TBD

Just be glad they're not calling them Av3ngers and 4vengers.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't seem like a reasonable division of the budget to give $200-freakin-million to RDJ.

He negotiated a phenomenally good contract when he realized his movie started this whole train, and that at the same time, he was one of the most well-cast actors for a known IP.

The $200m could indeed include projected percentage as is in his contract, but who knows. I'm sure even without the percentage, his "salary" dwarfs everyone else's.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No, they're just not called pt.1 and pt.2 anymore.

Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: TBD

Just be glad they're not calling them Av3ngers and 4vengers.

Avengers is perfect for these types of shenigans

Avenger5
Aven6ers
Avenge7s

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Nah, Avenge7s is probably fine, that's about when they'd gender-bend everyone to female. Avengettes assemble!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Allegedly the cast, screenwriters, and directors cost of Infinity War (part 1 & 2, not just one movie) is $400m with $200m of that going to Robert Downey Jr.
Honestly, good for RDJ. His contract is a boat load of money up front, but nada on the back end. That's awesome for him. As it stands, if he didn't do suck a good job as Iron Man back at the start, this universe wouldn't exist the way it currently does.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, good for RDJ. His contract is a boat load of money up front, but nada on the back end. That's awesome for him. As it stands, if he didn't do suck a good job as Iron Man back at the start, this universe wouldn't exist the way it currently does.

What's your source on this? Way back when A1 came out, there were plenty of articles talking about how he negotiated a percentage back-end contract of some sort. I'm 99% certain he's getting some sort of percentage.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My big worry for this movie was confirmed in CW- that they will try so hard to smash shit into it for every character to have "their own scene" they will make the story bland and retarded underneath.

If they manage an ensemble cast this well this will be like The Longest Day 2.0

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think we will see them all split by tier in terms of screen time

Tier 1
Cap
Iron man
GOTG
Thor
Spider-Man

Tier 2
Everyone else except hulk

Tier 3
Hulk shows up at end and saves the fucking day

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
At this point, i'm glad that the current comic avengers is a shit show and they've either gender bent or slant'd/blackfaced each one.

why? cuz Iron Man was one of my favs in the 90s, just a rich drunk fuck up that would destroy his relationships cuz ppl stole HIS armor designs. Now he's in every major fucking marvel event and he won't even go away or die cuz he's a fucking force ghost.

Again Iron Man was my fav character, one of my junior hs projects was making a clay model of the mark ix suit. Fucking art teacher lowered my grade b/c the color scheme was too simple, it's the fucking character!!!

Anyway, my point is the current comics is so vastly different and is such a shitshow compared to the current MCU, it's great the MCU is not using any shit tier ideas from any Marvel comic written in 10years.