Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Avengers opened with $258m domestic and $640m worldwide over a 3 day weekend, a new record and China isn't opening for 2 weeks

Nice.
SW:TFA still #1 for $/Theater opening weekend. $59,982
Avengers: $57,708

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Was thinking....I know they said something like Vision getting stabbed stopped his phasing.

But why couldnt he be healed?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Was thinking....I know they said something like Vision getting stabbed stopped his phasing.

But why couldnt he be healed?

There’s a lot more knowledgeable folks but iirc he’s made out of Vibranium which is nigh invulnerable so he’s never taken any damage. The black order weapons can pierce even Vibranium. He can’t use the mind stone to heal himself.

Better question is how they kept him from phasing. I have no idea.

Cybsled

Just got back from seeing it. Stayed mostly spoiler free, except the biggest spoiler thanks to the limp dicked fuckhead who posted a spoiler in the funny&random screenshot thread, so the impact of all that was lessened a bit. Was really great, looking forward to the next one. Also, I wonder re: Agents of Shield...

I'm 99% convinced either Fitz or Simmons is going to be one of the culled. Would be cool if they did a tie in with the Nick Fury after credits scene

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
There’s a lot more knowledgeable folks but iirc he’s made out of Vibranium which is nigh invulnerable so he’s never taken any damage. The black order weapons can pierce even Vibranium. He can’t use the mind stone to heal himself.

Not a huge deal, they sort of wave it off. Just the nerd in me is curious if there will be more to that maybe in deleted scenes.

They really never built Vision enough.

He saves t he day in Ultron and can lift the fucking hammer, then is sort of on the sidelines from then on. So I feel like him being taken out early didnt have the effect it should have, where arguably the 2nd most powerful avenger was taken out of the fight. He really was just a vessel for the stone. Even then, thats just extra nerdy questions rather than legit gripes.

Szlia

I really liked the first Avengers movie. It was a very clever game of mix and match with themes and individuals that collided or matched. That movie had 7 super heroes and a brilliant screenwriter in Joss Whedon. Infinity War has 20ish super heroes and no brilliance to be found behind the camera. If they want the next film to be better than this boring hodgepodge, my advice would be to get rid of about half the super heroes.

• 6Salty
  • 4Picard
  • 3Dislike
Reactions: 14 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Who gives a shit about brilliance behind the camera. I want to see an action-packed CGI slugfest with the super heroes I know and love. Seriously, who goes into a movie like this looking for anything other than that?

Go suck Orson Welles' rotting dick.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I really liked the first Avengers movie. It was a very clever game of mix and match with themes and individuals that collided or matched. That movie had 7 super heroes and a brilliant screenwriter in Joss Whedon. Infinity War has 20ish super heroes and no brilliance to be found behind the camera. If they want the next film to be better than this boring hodgepodge, my advice would be to get rid of about half the super heroes.

Good thing they did.

Seriously though, "No Brilliance behind the camera" sounds like something that would only be said before or after "And thats why I love fat dicks in my plump asshole".

Who the fuck are these soy boys looking for Lady Bird levels of art in a COMIC BOOK movie.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

They definitely didn't explain the phasing. Part of the weapon left in him maybe?

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I am willing to bet a years salary that Szilia's social media is pictures of him with a shitty goatee doing the NU MALE big mouth scream.

Willing to bet he looks like Wil Wheaton 100 percent.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did... did you watch the movie?

They got rid of about half the super heroes.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider

The piercing vibranium part bugged me a little bit. Within the same scene we seem them stab Vision but then get parried by a pair of batons. Since I'm not a total autist though, the thought passed in half a second and I enjoyed the rest of the fight and movie.

• 1Like

Caliane

I don't know how you guys missed that joke... that was clearly a solid punchline.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The piercing vibranium part bugged me a little bit. Within the same scene we seem them stab Vision but then get parried by a pair of batons. Since I'm not a total autist though, the thought passed in half a second and I enjoyed the rest of the fight and movie.

Well Vision in MCU isn't "made of vibranium," Dr. ChingChong simply utilized some vibranium in her comic-science tissue regeneration machine and created some kind of hybrid thing capable of holding an infinity stone.

It's not explained in the movie but apparently Corvus's glaive is able to pierce literally anything, so it's a magical type weapon. Who knows on the phasing prevention though, maybe it's just another effect of Glaive's magical weapon of piercy-ness. They don't really explain the Black Order at all, they just kinda show them doing things. Which is somewhat understandable in a 2.5h movie with 30 superheroes in it, devoted to characterizing Thanos while juggling those 30. This was their intro movie, but there just wasn't room to explain them much without going into LotR fall-asleep territory on length.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
thanosdidnothingwrong • r/thanosdidnothingwrong

OV8j6Yc.jpg

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well Vision in MCU isn't "made of vibranium," Dr. ChingChong simply utilized some vibranium in her comic-science tissue regeneration machine and created some kind of hybrid thing capable of holding an infinity stone.

It's not explained in the movie but apparently Corvus's glaive is able to pierce literally anything, so it's a magical type weapon. Who knows on the phasing prevention though, maybe it's just another effect of Glaive's magical weapon of piercy-ness. They don't really explain the Black Order at all, they just kinda show them doing things. Which is somewhat understandable in a 2.5h movie with 30 superheroes in it, devoted to characterizing Thanos while juggling those 30. This was their intro movie, but there just wasn't room to explain them much without going into LotR fall-asleep territory on length.
i got you fam
Corvus-Glaive-6.jpg

corvus-glaive-in-action.jpg