Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
nice kids movie

as an adult i find it hard to give a fuck about loki's death or any other events, knowing they'll just be undone anyway

6/10, maybe

• 3Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
nice kids movie

as an adult i find it hard to give a fuck about loki's death or any other events, knowing they'll just be undone anyway

6/10, maybe

Pretty much. None of these deaths mean anything, so none of the movie has any weight.

Fights were decent, everything with Wakanda was eyerollingly bad.

Villain looks like some shaved head bro from down the corner bar, minus the purple skin color

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Araysar what did you think of Darth Vader? S&M gimp with anger management issues?

I find it hard to believe you aren’t trolling. It’s a well established character.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Araysar what did you think of Darth Vader? S&M gimp with anger management issues?

I find it hard to believe you aren’t trolling. It’s a well established character.

its not my fault that they thought that this

1525187214193.png

would pass for an intimidating villain

• 2Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
its not my fault that they thought that this

View attachment 165592

would pass for an intimidating villain
His actions are intimidating, they could have covered him in CGI pointy armor or spikes like in DC shite but that didn't make Steppenwolf, Ares or Doomsday any good.

The female Kryptonian in Man of Steel was intimidating because she kicked the shit out of Superman. Just like Thanos destroyed Hulk.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
His actions are intimidating, they could have covered him in CGI pointy armor or spikes like in DC shite but that didn't make Steppenwolf, Ares or Doomsday any good.

The female Kryptonian in Man of Steel was intimidating because she kicked the shit out of Superman. Just like Thanos destroyed Hulk.

thats true, it didnt make any of those villains intimidating or frightening either

but even Thanos' actions were just utterly contrived, the motivation logic doesnt withstand even the tiniest bit of scrutiny and i cant take "Half of the universe" killed seriously when we know theyre just going to deus ex machina that shit in the 2nd movie

there is literally nothing about Thanos or this movie that makes me feel like there is anything worthwhile at stake. the original Avengers with the Loki invasion had a much higher suspense factor than this. you knew that the people that died in that final battle were gonna stay dead. we know that wont be the case here.

im literally just watching it for the quips (which Thor 3 did WAY better) or the fights (and the fights are decent but nothing mind blowing)

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
thats true, it didnt make any of those villains intimidating or frightening either

but even Thanos' actions were just utterly contrived, the motivation logic doesnt withstand even the tiniest bit of scrutiny and i cant take "Half of the universe" killed seriously when we know theyre just going to deus ex machina that shit in the 2nd movie

there is literally nothing about Thanos or this movie that makes me feel like there is anything worthwhile at stake. the original Avengers with the Loki invasion had a much higher suspense factor than this. you knew that the people that died in that final battle were gonna stay dead. we know that wont be the case here.

im literally just watching it for the quips (which Thor 3 did WAY better) or the fights (and the fights are decent but nothing mind blowing)
Take something seriously in a comic book derived movie? Really?

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
we all know this movie doesn't have shit on the goku vs superman one, bat vs shovel

limited edition directors cut

a_skeleton_03 edit

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Take something seriously in a comic book derived movie? Really?

Are you saying that good writing has no place in a superhero movie?

Look at Thor 3 then.

• 2Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Fox
same color scheme...

i'm sure you loved Fox's purple bad guy then
5247840-1540849383-xmena.jpg
FOX'S apoc looked really shitty (almost feminine in some ways) but even he looked more menacing than Thanos

• 4Picard
  • 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
a lot of thor 3 was improv'd. its in my top 3 mcu movies still.

after steppenwolf and apocalypse I really appreciated thanos. He wasn't ludicrously one dimensional like steppenwolf, he didn't make stupid speeches constantly like apocalypse. He just had a goal and a plan and he executed it despite everyone telling him he was insane. I liked that stoic nature of the character. The CGI was great, at no point during the movie did I think "thats not a real dude, thats CGI" like I constantly did with steppenwolf.

All his interactions with Gamora were absolutely fantastic.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was talking with some friends about the movie especially the deaths, who would come back, who wouldn't, who might die in the next one to bring back those who have died in this one.

We had a very (never going to happen) interesting bit of speculation about Spider-man. The deal between Sony and Disney that allow for Spider-man to be used in the MCU is for 5 movies only, if they want to have more they'll need to renegotiate a new deal. Civil War, Avengers 3 and 4, Homecoming and it's sequel and that's it. What if Spider-man doesn't come back...and the sequel to Homecoming is actual a prequel to Infinity War that ends with Peter on the bus that we see him on at the start of Infinity War? Never going to happen but it would be such an insane move. :)

• 3Like
  • 1Salty