Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the answer to "why didn't strange just ______?" is because that action didn't lead to single outcome where thanos was beaten. obviously stark has to survive, and obviously strange wasn't going to. it's a little too bit of a checkhov's gun, but it's pretty obvious that's the case, especially when strange's back to back lines were "there was only one timeline where we won." immediately followed by "it was the only way."

there was a ton of scenes between those two lines, but those were HIS back to back lines.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Why didn't Dr. Strange use the time stone at any time up until the final fight? He tried to use it during the fight but got his hands tied down.

He and the guardians could have gone to Knowhere and turned back time to before Thanos arrived and taken the reality stone to a safe place. They could have done the same with the power stone.

each stone exponentially increases the power of the other stones when they are together. perhaps the Time Stone was only able to do that once it was on the Infinity Gauntlet with the Power, Soul, and Reality stones. the Reality stone especially might have been what was needed to synergize with the Time Stone for time travel like that.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Here is a funny story when I saw this. I watched it in the dolby cinema and when they are fighting Thanos at the end and bucky is shooting him off screen it sounded like gun fire out of the theater. Well people actually thought it was real and people bolted for the exit. Had a couple people trip over my seat making a run for it. I looked at the guy next to me and we were like wtf? Then someone screams out gun fire and the whole theater ran for the exit. Ruined the last 5 minutes for me because people were just running for their lives.
We just shout KNIFE over here, and enjoy the last 5 minutes while the wielder slowly makes his way past the obstacles in the theatre to get to the back row.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Saw this today, fucking faaaantastic.

Thor stole the show imo: funniest part of the movie was Thor meeting GotG, and most badass part was him entering the fight in Wakanda with his new axe-hammer and going God of Thunder mode.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw this today, fucking faaaantastic.

Thor stole the show imo: funniest part of the movie was Thor meeting GotG, and most badass part was him entering the fight in Wakanda with his new axe-hammer and going God of Thunder mode.

New Thor is badass af. I love rewatching that whole Rainbow Bridge fight sequence from Ragnarok.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Its actually pretty amazing how awesome the character of Thor has become when you go back and watch 1 and 2. I liked those movies then, but he is fucking bonkers now. Totally the best Avenger.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
That was pretty well executed... And depressing.

Damn.

Where is the Infinity Gauntlet and stones now, btw? After Thanos undoes half the universe, it seems he doesn't have it anymore? Is it like the Dragon Balls or something? Can someone go collect them and restore everything?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
That was pretty well executed... And depressing.

Damn.

Where is the Infinity Gauntlet and stones now, btw? After Thanos undoes half the universe, it seems he doesn't have it anymore? Is it like the Dragon Balls or something? Can someone go collect them and restore everything?

I think he just didn't have the gauntlet in the vision he had immediately afterward. But when he's back in real world with Thor, he's still got in on, just all charred up (at least I think it was). Plus, he portals out of there, so he had to have the stones still

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Is it possible Dr. Strange went back in time to alter the past somehow for victory to be achieved in the long run? *shrug* I feel like that would answer those 'hey why the fuck didn't you use that time stone?' feelings I had initially too. Interested to see if they go that route in Avengers 4, but I'm doubtful.

edit: nvm someone asked the same thing 2 pages ago

Last edited:

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Though I don't know how they plan on telling us "just kidding". Is it that Dr Strange was fucking with Thanos via the time stone or is someone going to recover the reality or time stone and change the past?
This is Avengers 3. And then Avengers 4. If you noticed, every thread and every major action involves one or more of the original Avengers. The only exception is the small part where the GotG lose Gamora. So, since this is Avengers 4 and not Dr. Strange 2, all the theories by which Strange saves the day are almost certainly wrong.

I'm also not buying the time-travel theories, since it's stupid, and the Dr Strange movie was very careful about establishing that mucking too much with time is very, very bad. While trying to save half the universe might warrant desperate measures, I don't buy it. If it was the "1 out of 10 million possibilities", why didn't Strange immediately head to the past? Nope, he has to save Stark for what comes next, not what comes before. So I think the idea will be to remake a new infinity gauntlet (because the first burned out), and use it to resurrect the dead.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think he just didn't have the gauntlet in the vision he had immediately afterward. But when he's back in real world with Thor, he's still got in on, just all charred up (at least I think it was). Plus, he portals out of there, so he had to have the stones still

The gauntlet is seriously damaged.

In the vision he has no need to be wearing it. He then snaps back into this reality and he is wearing a smoking gauntlet. He uses the ability to bend space to run. This shows that the gaunlet is still operational. The power needed to commit to his action of taking out half of existence is what almost destroys the gauntlet. It still functions but trying to run all 6 stones at the same time will be bad for the user with the gauntlet's current condition. It will have to be stolen and then repaired. At this point a person must be chosen to wear it and reverse what has happened. The scene that shows Captain America having the actual strength to hold Thanos's hand and prevent him from using it, could be a prelude to reasoning as to who is chosen to rewrite existence. It might be how Captain America dies.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I had to guess, I would say Nebula steals the gauntlet, then gets convinced to rewind time to the point before Thanos snapped his fingers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is Avengers 3. And then Avengers 4. If you noticed, every thread and every major action involves one or more of the original Avengers. The only exception is the small part where the GotG lose Gamora. So, since this is Avengers 4 and not Dr. Strange 2, all the theories by which Strange saves the day are almost certainly wrong.

I'm also not buying the time-travel theories, since it's stupid, and the Dr Strange movie was very careful about establishing that mucking too much with time is very, very bad. While trying to save half the universe might warrant desperate measures, I don't buy it. If it was the "1 out of 10 million possibilities", why didn't Strange immediately head to the past? Nope, he has to save Stark for what comes next, not what comes before. So I think the idea will be to remake a new infinity gauntlet (because the first burned out), and use it to resurrect the dead.
Yea, this is pretty spot on, in every single major marvel event, Dr. Strange is worthless.

Why? cuz if Dr. Strange actually tried, he'd win and we'd have no story, cuz magic.

Szlia

Open portal beneath feet of the antagonist. Close portal before antagonist goes all the way through. Roll credits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, i'm cool with dr strange not being a sociopath. but in strange 2? they should totally gore it up a bit and have baron mordo just flip out and start using magic in all kinds of creatively gruesome ways. bisecting people, opening up portals INSIDE them so their intestines just fall out somewhere else... just go full on psychotic

Last edited:

Jive Turkey

Karen

Strange also knows how the 1 possibility plays out to some extent. He knew part of that involved Thanos having all 6 stones. It would make no sense for him to go back in time and change anything then, because he would just be altering it to future in which Thanos wins. Maybe he had the idea of going into the past at some point, but the meditation scene fills that potential plot hole

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Totally the best Avenger
tumblr_ov33duhFPO1snteogo1_r4_540.gif

• 1Like