Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Alright, question for you bros in the know more than me. Did Tony Stark have a friggin flip phone in every Marvel movie he was in so far and I just never noticed? And why the fuck was Nick Fury using a goddamn beeper?
Cap mailed Stark a burner phone at the end of Civil War (Stan Lee cameo). They haven't talked or seen eachother since the bunker battle.
The Fury thing was '90s tech. Guessing Captain Marvel does the same sort of deal. 'F YOU Fury, I'm leaving Earth, don't contact me unless it's the end of the world.'

Edit... hah I was too slow

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Finally got to see this, fuck that was a lot of dead characters. There’s no way they don’t rewind time and bring everyone back from before the snap. Thought it was pretty decent if not a bit jumbled due to everyone being in it but there were some great scenes and laughs. Worth seeing in a theater though.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Open portal beneath feet of the antagonist. Close portal before antagonist goes all the way through. Roll credits.

A lot of people, myself included, have wondered why Strange didnt just use a portal to cut off Thanos' hand along with the gauntlet.

I came to the fridge logic conclusion that it wouldn't have worked: Thanos was in possession of the Space Gem at that moment: you know, the gem that gives you mastery over teleportation, portals and movement?

Strange tries the portal frag, Thanos cancels it with Space Gem.

Ah shit, but now I'm realizing they added that stipulation where you can't use the gems if you can't close your fist, so he's not using the Space Gem.

Forget what I said.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
17.jpg

• 2Dislike

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
A lot of people, myself included, have wondered why Strange didnt just use a portal to cut off Thanos' hand along with the gauntlet.

I came to the fridge logic conclusion that it wouldn't have worked: Thanos was in possession of the Space Gem at that moment: you know, the gem that gives you mastery over teleportation, portals and movement?

Ah shit, but now I'm realizing they added that stipulation where you can't use the gems if you can't close your fist, so he's not using the Space Gem.

Forget what I said.

Forget the portal, how about a blade? Iron man had some kind of energy blade, and I figure starlord was still carrying gamorra's blade.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Forget what I said.
cuz it's too easy, if that were the case, they'd spend all their resources getting samurais or a sword avenger or just fucking calling wolverine
1038209-clawsbeatguantlet.jpg

Forget the portal, how about a blade? Iron man had some kind of energy blade, and I figure starlord was still carrying gamorra's blade.
i think, Thanos broke it? muddy

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Cap mailed Stark a burner phone at the end of Civil War (Stan Lee cameo). They haven't talked or seen eachother since the bunker battle.
The Fury thing was '90s tech. Guessing Captain Marvel does the same sort of deal. 'F YOU Fury, I'm leaving Earth, don't contact me unless it's the end of the world.'

Edit... hah I was too slow

Would be funny if beginning of avengers 4 they show captain marvel out in space just fading away, one of the ones gone in the snap, and right after the phone just floating in space rings and howard the duck answers it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Would be funny if beginning of avengers 4 they show captain marvel out in space just fading away, one of the ones gone in the snap, and right after the phone just floating in space rings and howard the duck answers it.
or cancer

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Caliane

A complaint I had was this movie did not exist on its own in anyway.
It occurs to me, I was looking at it wrong partially. The point stands, but, that is also, in a way the very point itself.

it is a feature length serial film.
Serial film - Wikipedia

Its not even a franchise, trilogy, sequel or anything. this was 100% a serial film.

• 1Picard

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I saw this with someone who has never seen any of the other movies in full. Hard to believe people like that actually exist! A few hours before going, I showed her the first half of Avengers 1 just so she'd know who the characters were, since she had only vague ideas who Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk were, and certainly didn't know the others.

She really enjoyed the movie, though. I think they did a great job of giving enough information to enjoy it without making it too heavy or obvious on exposition for those already in the know. It was clear Thanos was a big bad guy, and it was clear that the stones he was collecting were capable of some bad shit. I think that's all you really needed to know to enjoy it.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I saw this with someone who has never seen any of the other movies in full. Hard to believe people like that actually exist! A few hours before going, I showed her the first half of Avengers 1 just so she'd know who the characters were, since she had only vague ideas who Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk were, and certainly didn't know the others.

She really enjoyed the movie, though. I think they did a great job of giving enough information to enjoy it without making it too heavy or obvious on exposition for those already in the know. It was clear Thanos was a big bad guy, and it was clear that the stones he was collecting were capable of some bad shit. I think that's all you really needed to know to enjoy it.

Still dating the vegan chick?