Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Easiest character to write out probably. I mean they left out both of the characters with kids pretty much. He'll get more screen time in the next one, so no biggie. Hawkeye has been the red headed stepchild of the Avengers since the first movie.
He probably wasn't in this one because A) it was the plan all along due to having 28 characters for which to have to find space B) he broke his arm filming the movie "Tag" right before/when the shooting for this started and his cameo had to be pushed back or re-written out.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Pre-Snap deaths are Loki, Vision, Gamora, Heimdall, The Collector (Implied but didn't show), possibly Shuri (BP's smart sister. She's removed from the action by Corvus Glaive) and that's about all.
There's no way Shuri is dead. She's a lock for Ironheart, with RDJ getting paid a sweet 10mill a movie moving forward to be the new voice of the suit AI and never having to appear in person after IW2.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
2B78D6AF-569C-43A0-B567-7946392653E9.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The only persons death that seems out of place for me was Loki. It just doesn't seem right with who his character is in the movies and Norse mythology. I mean he always does shit that fucks people over but in the end it works out and favors everyone. His sacrifice just doesn't make sense.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He isn’t dead. He looks at Thor and tells him not to worry the sun will shine on them both again.

He had no chance and knew it. He’s fine as long as he’s not too expensive.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Easiest character to write out probably. I mean they left out both of the characters with kids pretty much. He'll get more screen time in the next one, so no biggie. Hawkeye has been the red headed stepchild of the Avengers since the first movie.

no doubt about it, just feels weird that they just straight up dropped an original avenger like that for 2 years

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the russo's have said they've LOVED all the "where's hawkeye" attention. they said that it's actually gotten people pumped to see him instead of like "why is the dude with the arrows still here?"

they've continually talked about how happy they are with hawkeye's long term story arc, so i assume he'll be a decent player in the next one.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the russo's have said they've LOVED all the "where's hawkeye" attention. they said that it's actually gotten people pumped to see him instead of like "why is the dude with the arrows still here?"

they've continually talked about how happy they are with hawkeye's long term story arc, so i assume he'll be a decent player in the next one.

that's actually an awesome way to look at it

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Took my daughters to see this. They were both pissed at Starlord for being a bitch and grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Aside from that and without reading back the last 30+ pages, think Thanos is the first properly done antagonist in the MCU. There's a lot going on there and maybe because of his previous short screen time it doesn't all work but you can clearly understand what he's doing and why in a way that makes sense. I don't think him crying over Gamora worked that well but based on the opening scenes with her as a kid it makes sense but should have been built up more in GOTG1/2.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Holy crap that was good. That was the comic book movie I imagined when I was a kid.

The effects were great too. All the CG characters looked like they had weight and belonged in the scenes. The girl baddie maybe looked the worst of them all, but she was also the most human like design, so also the toughest to execute.

How far we've come

Hulk-Thor.png

• 2Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
but even Thanos' actions were just utterly contrived, the motivation logic doesnt withstand even the tiniest bit of scrutiny and i cant take "Half of the universe" killed seriously when we know theyre just going to deus ex machina that shit in the 2nd movie

Well, it's part of Thanos' comic background (if for other reasons) so they squeezed it in. It's not perfect, but it makes for a nice cinematic ending. Does it hold up to "couldn't he just doubled all resources and slightly adjust birth rates for all species going forward"-levels of scrutiny? No. But it's a comic book movie at its core. Going too deep into it, you can tear a new one into the Dark Knight, Winter Soldier, etc... none of them make sense if you really, really, really go hard on them from a logical perspecive.

To a good extend, it'll always be execution. Funny enough, IW has a lot of the same issues people criticised about the Last Jedi: subverion of fan expectations, Iron Man armour going full Mary Sue, beloved characters going against their established character, long side-quests that resolve nothing. Heroic sacrifice subverted that resolves nothing. Etc.. But they packaged it btter, I assume.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he tried to kill Gamora, Thanos used the Reality Stone to turn the bullets to bubbles.
after how many minutes of contemplation? showed how weak he was, when Scarlet Witch is like, "sure i'll crack open your head vision"

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
after how many minutes of contemplation?

wasn't minutes. and i'm sure the decision wouldn't be easy for you, either. you think you could kill your wife?

showed how weak he was, when Scarlet Witch is like, "sure i'll crack open your head vision"

Scarlet Witch was worse than Star Lord. the entire last battle sequence happened because she didn't want to kill Vision. at no point was she okay with him dying.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also, if i was Starlord, it'd be even easier, cuz sooner or later i'd massively trade up from Gamora to Kitty Pryde
image-2-720x960.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Easily, life insurance and wills are up to date!

Slayer statutes in most states invalidate a beneficiary who kills the insured (or an insured who kills a covered dependent of whom they are the automatic beneficiary). You would get nothing!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like