Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
LOL

It's too much. Too many characters, too much action, too much everything. It's a superhero surplus with too many heroes and not enough screen. It's Infinity overload.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's not like it's impossible for a movie to feel overstuffed and and lacking cohesion in the story it tells. Justice League was like that. This film has the benefit of a lot of actual backstory but it could still feel like too much is going on. The spoilers I've read definitely makes it feel busier than the other Avengers films.

But, yeah, for a lot of the top critics, this probably isn't their preferred type of film, so it's going to feel that way to them even if it doesn't to a bunch of geeks.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's not like it's impossible for a movie to feel overstuffed and and lacking cohesion in the story it tells. Justice League was like that. This film has the benefit of a lot of actual backstory but it could still feel like too much is going on. The spoilers I've read definitely makes it feel busier than the other Avengers films.

But, yeah, for a lot of the top critics, this probably isn't their preferred type of film, so it's going to feel that way to them even if it doesn't to a bunch of geeks.

Very true but I don't know how they make this story without it being overstuffed, With all the previous buildup, it's still Thanos coming to Earth for his stones. Critics may not understand it...but that's usually a sign of a damn good action movie.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think some of the reviews didn't quite understand there's another movie still yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Yeah, it's pretty much the only thing I was worried about...Two movies for nearly 20 characters, and fitting in an entire villain's back story feels like a lot of shit. They really need to avoid the BvS feel of every scene being a flash of information with no connective tissue. I think given the characters themselves were developed elsewhere, its possible. Civil War showed they can handle a lot of characters on screen at once. But yeah. Was hoping this would be a trilogy honestly, and the first movie would be more about Thanos/GoG with background on how the Avengers are dealing with the fall out from CW, which seems like they are going to try and fit in the first hour of this, hope it works.

Yeah, though--this isn't Avengers 1 where cross overs are novel, its also not BP where you get virtue points for liking a non-artsy action movie and it's also not going to be Ragnarok, Civil War, Logan where there is some genre bending that they can jerk off over to make them 'different' while being the same as everyone else enjoying it. Its probably just a straight up super hero movie which is going to turn them off.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
and this is just technically Part 1 of 2, right?

edit -- and the two posts in the six minutes since i loaded the page confirmed my question. nvm. :)

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Many of the negative reviews seem to center on:

This isnt a standalone film and there are a LOT of players and things going.

Same type of complaints we saw with the LotR series towards the end.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty full on. Enjoyed it a lot though I have plenty of quibbles. Nothing too major though

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Is it possible to say how much they stayed with the overall idea, tone, whatever with the comics without getting too deep? Not sure how to ask or how to answer but I guess i'm just curious if they were forced to go completely off the rails or could you see the framework or influence of any of the comics in the movie?

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
They nailed Thanos so perfectly, a bad guy who isn't just a psychopath yet is so extremely menacing.

That smile at the very end right before the ending texts, just great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I made the mistake of visiting the wikipedia page looking for something else, needless to say...spoilers are there.

Just FYI

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
well i'm going to the 8pm showing tomorrow, this auta be a complete shitshow.

Can someone give me a quick TLDR about what I need to know about events in the BP movie that might affect this one? Wife and I did a complete watch of all marvels over the last couple months but we never made it to wakandaville.

• 1Picard

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
So I thought they had said this wasn’t being split into two movies? Was that retconned and it is in fact 2?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So I thought they had said this wasn’t being split into two movies? Was that retconned and it is in fact 2?

It's not going to be named as part 1 and part 2 but the story will be a continuation. Much like we got pieces in non-Avenger titled movies such as Civil War. We will bits and pieces in other movies and then whatever isn't answered or progressed in those will then continue in whatever this next movie will be titled.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
No spoilers here.

Saw it this morning. It was incredibly satisfying, but it has a LOT more action than previous movies, though it didn't feel overstuffed in my opinion. The characters and arcs are arranged in a way that it's never too busy, but 3D was a bit distracting when everything was going on sometimes.

I'm going back to see it this saturday now that I know what to expect, going to try and pick up more details and with 2D that should be easier.

Definitely loved this movie, so did the wife. Thanos is going to be a fan favorite.

Make sure to stay after the credits, there is no mid-credits stinger scene but there is one at the very end of the credits.

Last edited:

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
It's not going to be named as part 1 and part 2 but the story will be a continuation. Much like we got pieces in non-Avenger titled movies such as Civil War. We will bits and pieces in other movies and then whatever isn't answered or progressed in those will then continue in whatever this next movie will be titled.

Ahh ok. Thanks for clarifying!

• 1Like

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Saw it this morning. It was incredibly satisfying, but it has a LOT more action than previous movies, though it didn't feel overstuffed in my opinion. The characters and arcs are arranged in a way that it's never too busy, but 3D was a bit distracting when everything was going on sometimes.
Man, fuck 3D. I avoid it when I can but given how early I want to watch this and the logistical options available, I won't be able to avoid it.

Can the industry just give up on that shit already?

• 1Like